If you hated hoop dee doo, can you share why?

We just went this month after 20plus years of WDW trips. We had great seats. Neither my dd or myself enjoyed any of it, sad to say. I wanted to enjoy it, but found the food and entertainment blah. Many people were tremendously enjoying themselves. I don't drink, maybe that's what does it :)

I don't drink either and I think my disinterest in Epcot comes from that because a lot of people who have a few drinks there seem to love it lol.

I've been going to Disney since the year Space Mountain opened (and maybe Hoop - since my folks dragged me to it). I do remember the trip, but not Hoop at all.

I've been since then well over 20 times, and have never had the urge to go. And now that it's too hard to cancel or change dining reservations, we don't make many at all anymore. I hate with a passion the feeling that we HAVE to be somewhere at a certain time! It's not a vacation to me once it gets too much like that. We like to sleep late if we feel like it, or hop to another park if we feel like it.

I do think if I went it may be fun, but honestly I just don't feel the urge. My kids, same thing, they may like it, but may rather hang out at Epcot and explore Innoventions and ride something and shop in Japan or whatever.

So, honestly I understand your wanting to cancel. I wouldn't say do so; that's up to you.

Thanks for all the posts. I am the one in my family that is a bit leery about booking HDDR but going in knowing what I know now I feel better about booking. Even if everything is not to my liking, there is always enldess sangria! LOL.

Thanks for all the posts. I am the one in my family that is a bit leery about booking HDDR but going in knowing what I know now I feel better about booking. Even if everything is not to my liking, there is always enldess sangria! LOL.
You will have a good time and the food is great.

Our family loves it, tradition to start our trip with this show. That being said, your title suggests you are looking for a reason to cancel it. With every restaurant in Disney there are great and bad reviews. If you really don't want to do it, cancel.

We are finally going to try it for the first time next week. I'll admit that neither myself nor my girls (21 & 17) are looking forward to it and mostly because of the food (not a huge fan of fried chicken and ribs). BUT my DH has always wanted to try it and since he never asks for anything on our Disney trips and always goes with the flow, we are sucking it up and doing it for him. I mean who knows, maybe we'll be surprised and actually like it, if not, at least we can say we tried it :upsidedow.

HDDR is a must do for our family on every single trip - we have done it every time we've gone since our first trip when I was 4 :)
The next trip will be just my son and I and I still plan on booking it for us. We just love it!
I can definitely see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea though. It's lots of corny jokes and down home cooking, nothing fancy.
But as a previous poster said, there is bottomless sangria to look forward to if the entertainment isn't up your alley ;)

We went once and did not really enjoy it. I can't explain it but we just don't like corny humor.

For me I was a CM and knew some of the actors so went for them. I loved the show and dessert and the cornbread. But I didn't like the food in general its what you get at whispering canyon or trails end which isnt my thing. However I did go back for the show and my family had so much fun even not knowing someone in the show. Yes its alot of money for food I dont want to eat but everyone else digs in and im the only pooper but I just enjoy scratching my scratch board and dont let anything get me down ;)

I loved the show! I was a bit skeptical about booking it when we did the DDP but was not disappointed afterward! I do have to admit that I was expecting more from the food (quality-wise) after what I had heard & reviews I read. The chicken we had was dry & the ribs weren't the best either. Everything else was ok. The AYCTD Sangria was great! ;)

Even my friend who rarely laughs along or shows his enjoyment with anything Disney had a great time & was getting into all their jokes & songs! They get the audience involved as well which is always an added bonus.

We liked it so much in fact that when we got the DDP again the following year, we wished we would've booked it in place of one of the Signatures just for the experience we missed that trip! We figured we can find good restaurants where we live & but nothing like the show at HDDR.

We're trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip. Since we go to WDW at least once a year we try something we haven't ever done before. Like many people have said, country totally isn't our thing, but willing to give it a try since so many people seem to love it

We have done HDDR at least 5 times and plan to do it again on our next trip. It is a fabulous show that I'm sure your daughter would love. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.

I had second thoughts about it too! It was me and my fiancé going by ourselves. We had the BEST time ever!!!!!! Its cute corney and just fun! they pick on people in the audience! it was the fastest 2 hours of songs fun drinks and food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter