• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

if you could only do one table service restaurant....

abmitch01

DIS Veteran
....what would it be? Would like it to be romantic and themed really well to blow DBF's socks off (He is Egyptian American and has only been to one amusement park in his life, he has no idea what's in store for him at WDW). It would be nice to be able to go for lunch to save money but not necessary.

Yep, just keep your receipt ( I assume it must be for dinner), of course the elevator attendant recognized us as having been there and didn’t ask us to produce it but usually they do.

Honestly Cali Grill is good for fireworks viewing, but the food is a bit disappointing. Thats been my experience the last few times i've been there.

For me, my fave restaurants hands down are The Wave and Artist Point. Simply delicious every single time.

I've never heard of either of those. Where are they?

Artist Point is the signature dining at Wilderness Lodge — the whole Lodge is very nice to walk around — waterfalls, etc. Maybe an after dinner drink at Geyser Point after a stroll to cap things off, this would be nice - you get a partial view of some fireworks from the beach but not even close to what you get from the top of the Contemporary. Menu at Artist Point is good ( its been a couple of years since I’ve been there as the last time I was it was very slow and quiet — nothing wrong with the quality, I just prefer California Grill ). As for the Wave, I ate there for lunch on my last trip and really liked it, havent tried dinner. Wave is in the Contemporary as well.

If I could only go to one restaurant on our trip, I would go to Sanaa.

The food is outstanding. And not typical food that you find at every restaurant.

And not only is the restaurant themed really well, the entire resort is themed, and it is a great resort to visit. (Animal Kingdom Lodge)

It is just an incredible experience all around.

BOG or Boatrights at Port Orleans both have fantastic food...benefit to BOG is all the awesome decor and pics with Beast after dinner (which as far as I know is the only place to do that) Enjoy!!!

The more I think about this, you did say romantic, so I think Artist Point is better. And you did say themed —well, theming at Wilderness lodge is far superior than that of Contemporary.

We enjoyed a romantic evening at Yachtsman Steak House at Yacht Club. The grounds are beautiful in the evening and a short walk over to Boardwalk for shopping and cocktails. You can also catch some of the fireworks show from the Boardwalk as well.

....what would it be? Would like it to be romantic and themed really well to blow DBF's socks off (He is Egyptian American and has only been to one amusement park in his life, he has no idea what's in store for him at WDW). It would be nice to be able to go for lunch to save money but not necessary.
Jiko, at Animal Kingdom Jambo House.

I just read good things about Tiffins.

Rightly so, it's amazing. Great food, great ambience, great service.
It's the best restaurant in the parks, hands down. They have a Taste of Tiffin menu at lunch which is reasonably priced and an outstanding value.

Outside the parks, there are quite a few more choices. Evrything at Animal Kingdom Lodge is outstanding (Boma, Jiko and Sanaa). For lunch Sanaa is unbeatable because you can get a window table and eat while looking at the animals in the savannah. And prices are more than reasonable. The bread service is to die for.
For a more upscale experience, I've read only great things of Flying fish, it's on the boardwalk and you can get there with a 10 minutes walk from the International Gateway in Epcot.

...For lunch Sanaa is unbeatable because you can get a window table and eat while looking at the animals in the savannah. And prices are more than reasonable. The bread service is to die for...

I second Sanaa!

Are you able to advise where you might be staying??

Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package, then we go see Fantasmic our favorite without waiting too long before for seats.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter