~ If You Could Only Do 3 Parks, Which 3 Would You Do? ~

JustJamie

WDW Virgin
We are only going to do 3 parks for our first trip.

We plan to do MK 2 days, AK 1 day and HS 1 day leaving Epcot out. But I am just curious if this is the best choice.

Which parks would you do?

ETA: We are taking our 5 year old and 3 year old. (1 year old is staying home). My girls LOVE Hannah Montana and all that Disney Shows. They LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Princesses. And they have never ridden rides before and I have a feeling will be a little hesitant on the bigger stuff.

We do have 2 Zoos near us. One that is exceptional. But we are also a big Animal Family.

And again, we have NEVER been to WDW, so everything will be new to us.

I'd skip AK, but that's just me. We have access to a really great zoo. I wouldn't skip Epcot. That's my second fave park (MK is first, of course). However, if you don't have a good zoonearby, your girls would probablyenjoy AK more than Epcot. Some people think that Epcot isn't good for little kids, though, but mine have always enjoyed it.

That's a tough one! I think that if you have never been to AK, you should do AK. If you have already been there, go to the studios.

I think there are some things at AK that everyone should see once. And I'm not a huge fan of zoos.

One question though - are your kids too little to do Dinosaur, EE, and the one with the Rapids ( can't remember the name right now). If they are too little for a lot of the stuff, go to the Studios.

We are going in Dec and are skipping AK in favor of an extra day in HS and a half day extra in Epcot.

This was very much a family desicion because we have 3 zoo's quite near us (Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga) and can vist at any time.

We are going in Dec and are skipping AK in favor of an extra day in HS and a half day extra in Epcot.

This was very much a family desicion because we have 3 zoo's quite near us (Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga) and can vist at any time.

The only thing is - and you probably already know this - it's just not really a zoo.

There are some great rides and it's so beautiful. I'm not a really big fan of zoos, but this is different. Even the safari is a unique experience.

My only problem with it is that it gets so darned crowded - I have to get out of there by 11:00 or I get really cranky!!!

We would do MK, EPCOT and DHS. We didn't care much for AK so if we had to leave out a park that's the one we'd skip.

EPCOT is a great park but it sounds like your DDs would probably enjoy the others more. I think you are making the right decision leaving EPCOT out, for now. If you get back to Disney when the girls are older, I would suggest skipping AK.

I hope you have a magical trip! pixiedust:

EPCOT is a great park but it sounds like your DDs would probably enjoy the others more. I think you are making the right decision leaving EPCOT out, for now. If you get back to Disney when the girls are older, I would suggest skipping AK.

I hope you have a magical trip! pixiedust:

We are already planning our trip iin 2 years so we can take our (now) 1 year old. ;)

for me it would be animal kingdom. i couldnt imagine going to disney and not going to epcot.
for us animal kingdom is a 3 hour park at the most, so i would possibly do AK in the morning of your second day at MK that way i got them all in.

You really can't go wrong!

If the girls are more "girly" they might find more characters they like at the studios.

Also, at EPCOT, don't forget to get them "Passports" so that they can get them stamped and meet everyone from "around the world" at World Showcase. My dd loved this when she was little!

You all are making me re-think Animal Kingdom. Hmmm.

What brought this question on was the Soarin ride. I see it is a must do according to another thread and that is in Epcot, correct?

I would skip HS. It just isn't my favorite. I am going this time to do Toy Story Mania and few other things I don't mind. I will probably hop the boat to EPCOT after my Brown Derby lunch.

You all are making me re-think Animal Kingdom. Hmmm.

What brought this question on was the Soarin ride. I see it is a must do according to another thread and that is in Epcot, correct?
Correct, Epcot. It's located in the Land Pavillion.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but are you getting 3 one day passes?
Can you hop? Because you really don't need a full day at AK or the Studios.

About Soarin' - yes, it is cool and it at EPCOT! Make sure your little one is tall enough, though - we saw kids get turned away!

In the order of our preferences: MK, EPCOT and DHS. We omit AK just about every trip, it's too hot there, travel paths are very narrow leading to crowds and alot of back tracking to this and that, just the walk from the bus stop across all that concrete works up a sweat before you get to the turnstiles and for the few attractions, not worth the effort for us. MK is a must just about every day, we just enjoy being in the park, it's the Disney magic! EPCOT is our favorite evening park, seems less crowded when the sun starts to set and the ambiance around World Showcase with the torches makes for leisurely ambling with a stop out the IG to hit B&C at the Y&B and finish up around the lake to monorail back to our resort. DHS being our 3 favorite is great early in the am and we do return back late evening, its a fun strolling park, spread out pretty well and doesn't seem to take much walking to see it all.

I'm sorry if I missed this, but are you getting 3 one day passes?
Can you hop? Because you really don't need a full day at AK or the Studios.

About Soarin' - yes, it is cool and it at EPCOT! Make sure your little one is tall enough, though - we saw kids get turned away!

We are getting 4 one day passes. No hopping.

Now off to look at the height requirements for Soarin. Wow, I have so much to plan out.

Well bummer. My youngest going is only 37.5 inches and Soarin is 40 inches. And I don't think she will grow 2.5 inches in 2 months. LOL

I wouldn't skip AK - it is one of our favorites. In fact, we have upped our AK time to 1 1/2 days this trip. AK can't be looked at as a zoo - it has so much to offer.

I would def. do MK and AK. DHS is not one of our favorites but they do have the B&B show and Little Mermaid which your girls would probably like and the HS Musical show too. We prefer Epcot over DHS but we love Sorin and Test Track (they do have Turtle Talk, Nemo and Spaceship Earth which your kids would enjoy)

All things considered, in your case, I think you got it right with MK, AK & DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter