If you could have your pick of resorts...

I know it is not on your list and I don't know about their pool but if I had kids that age, I would do the cabins at fort wilderness. I have been to FW cabins, Riverside, WL and AKL. While I love WL and AKL, I would stay in the cabins in a heartbeat - come to thing about I think I am actually inlove with them :love:. It was wonderful having the two rooms, a kitchen and all the fun things to do plus the deck. I didn't think the transportation was bad and we used all three (internal and external bus, boat). The extra space both inside and outside our cabinwas great. I am going solo next time and can't justify the space otherwise I would be staying there again. Just writing about them made me happy :sad2:

I know it is not on your list and I don't know about their pool but if I had kids that age, I would do the cabins at fort wilderness. I have been to FW cabins, Riverside, WL and AKL. While I love WL and AKL, I would stay in the cabins in a heartbeat - come to thing about I think I am actually inlove with them :love:. It was wonderful having the two rooms, a kitchen and all the fun things to do plus the deck. I didn't think the transportation was bad and we used all three (internal and external bus, boat). The extra space both inside and outside our cabinwas great. I am going solo next time and can't justify the space otherwise I would be staying there again. Just writing about them made me happy :sad2:

The cabins look super neat, but since we have spent time at the campsites, I'm really looking for a different experience. My DH loves camping so much, I'm afraid he would try to set up a tent right outside our door! lol And our kids loved the pool at FW, its one of the things that triggered us to start looking at the moderates and above. Otherwise, we would likely end up in a value. But yes, we are FW lovers too!

I'm going put in another suggestion for POFQ. It has a quiet, tranquil, away-from-it-all feel that appeals to me in a similar way to the rustic feel of FW/WL. The pool area is so fun and vibrant, and I think kids would love it (sea serpent slide!). The resort is compact, which I think is a plus, since all the other Moderates are big. We found the bus service to be really great. Only having one stop really cuts down on the feeling of "being stuck on a bus."

POFQ doesn't have the discounts that other moderates have, I think because of its size. We got 10% off RO while other moderates were offering 20%, for example. However, if you're comparing to deluxes, even the rack rate looks like a deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter