If you could go any week out of the whole year....

I'm so glad to hear so many people saying they'd like late April/early May. Next year we're thinking of going that week that straddles those two months and were wondering how it might be.

2018? Come back and update lol so I know if I should do that for 2019.

First week of December. Cooler weather, decent crowds, all the Christmas decorations are up in the parks and resorts.
Unfortunately, my employer does not honor any time off requests between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Loved last week of April--flower and garden fest, perfect weather, lower crowds, guaranteed swim weather.

Honestly, any single week of the year. I don't really care about "crowd levels" or stuff like that. I love being there.

I know most would disagree, but my favorite two weeks of the year to be there are 4th of July and Christmas. Really. Yeah, it's hot in July, but that makes the water parks, Splash, Kali all the more fun. Plus it's just a fun time of year. Xmas is my favorite holiday...so combine it with my favorite place to visit and I'm in heaven. We've been to WDW for the past three consecutive 4th of Julys (and will be again in '18), did Xmas '15 and are doing Xmas this year. I can't wait....we'll be in MK on Xmas morning, and are so excited!!

...which week would you go and why? I don't care about pulling kids out of school. They'll be 4/6 on our next trip in 2019.

Best for crowds? Temps?

After the stress of going during hurricane season this year and Irma hitting the week before we left, I can't take the stress again.

I'm thinking the week after thanksgiving?!
I like going the last week of February it is cooler and less crowded. if you would like less crowded look at the hotel cost find the cheapest times and this will be the less crowded time. then pick the weather you like.

We went in 2015 the week AFTER President's Day week - so almost the last week in Feb. It was splendid. The crowds were low, the weather was mostly fantastic (we had one cold day at the end of our trip, but it was fine as we prefer cooler weather to extremely hot weather), and we had a spring room discount applied to our hotel stay. This year, the boys are in 5th and 6th grades and it is much harder to pull them from school, so we're going over President's Day week and I am going to use our FP+ to the best advantage - it will be crowded, but we'll have a great time no matter what!

I would pick the week in November prior to Thanksgiving week. In other words, the week we will be there this year, November 12-18.

Not many people take their kids out of school the week just before a vacation week. Weather is guaranteed not to be miserably hot and humid, and chances of a cold spell are less than in December through February.

We did the week after Thanksgiving a few years ago and it was nice - it was very hot though, but great to see the decorations etc.

Right now I'd vote for between Tgiving and Cmas to see all the holiday things. This year we are going during Tgiving week, but if my kids were younger I'd opt for sometime after Tgiving but before it gets too close to Cmas.

In the past when my kids were younger, we used to love early May. Weather was perfect and crowds were low.

We are going the week after Thanksgiving, 2018. In the past, we have always gone in February or March. We had been finding that it was fairly crowded, though, and a lot of rides were down for refurb. Excited to try something different and experience low crowds combined with Christmas decor/activities. We also consulted this calendar for advice :

http://**************.net/2016/10/31/2018-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

Happy planning!

This has nothing to do with crowds, but I would go the week starting Halloween day. That way, you get two holidays in one trip. Nobody does the holidays better than Disney.

Quite possibly my two favorite things at Disney are the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and the castle Christmas lights. Going on a week long trip starting Halloween gets you the first Christmas party as well.

That's what I'm doing this year! Hope you're right.

All these comments are making me want to try February.

I've been in the first week of March, July, August, and December and the crowds have always been about the same. The only time I truly remember it feeling slow was when I visited the parks the first few days of November way back on my DCP. But it was also freezing cold that time - weird cold snap.

2018? Come back and update lol so I know if I should do that for 2019.

We went during the last week of April and first week of May the last four or five trips. I do agree it's a good time to go. Touring Plans usually puts our days in the 4-6 crowd level range. But, all of the posters saying the weather is cooler, I'm sure they mean "cooler than July." Because April-May is still HOT. Like, really hot! And I'm from humid Houston. Our 2018 trip will be end of January to beginning of Feb. I'm looking forward to low crowds and much cooler weather!

This has nothing to do with crowds, but I would go the week starting Halloween day. That way, you get two holidays in one trip. Nobody does the holidays better than Disney.

Quite possibly my two favorite things at Disney are the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and the castle Christmas lights. Going on a week long trip starting Halloween gets you the first Christmas party as well.

Yep. I love Halloween week at WDW. It's our favorite. We've been twice and I'm so sad that we're not going this year.

My vote is for the first two weeks of May. We did this for several years when the girls were in Elementary School. It is nice enough for them to swim and the crowds aren't crazy. Also, they aren't really doing much in school at this point, so we didn't usually have lots of work to make up. Enjoy!!

I would pick the week in November prior to Thanksgiving week. In other words, the week we will be there this year, November 12-18.

Not many people take their kids out of school the week just before a vacation week. Weather is guaranteed not to be miserably hot and humid, and chances of a cold spell are less than in December through February.

I would second this. When my DD & DS were 4, that was the week we went & it was perfect! High's of 80's/lows of 60's every day. The Christmas decorations were up & we were able to enjoy seeing the life size Gingerbread house in GF. Crowds were manageable and are nothing like the school vacation/holiday type crowds. Highly recommend it!

Out of all of our trips, our week before Thanksgiving week was our favorite!! The waits were almost non-existent, crowds were very low, the weather was beautiful (although a little too chilly to swim, but we were OK with that). Plus, we did MVMCP that week and, for the entire night, the rides were walk-on. We started at one side of the park and walked all the way to the other side and rode every ride we like multiple times in a row since there were no lines. It was honestly the best night of my life at Disney! When the kids finally leave the nest and we don't have to worry about school schedules anymore, I'm betting we'll do a lot more trips on that week!

Probably early to mid October. We like hot(ish) weather, so the mid 80's weather is perfect and the rain is historically on the low side of average. Plus, crowds are typically moderate. MNSSHP is going (if you like that).

April (non spring break weeks) and May are other great alternatives. Similar weather.

Dan

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lake-buena-vista-fl/32830/april-weather/2257551

We went end of April this year. 94, 96, 93, 90, 92 and humid. Some days were brutal. Looks like those were above average for that time though.

This happened to us too about 4 or 5 years ago. We were there the last week of April/first week of May and the temps were horrid! The first few days were nice and then the heat and humidity hit hard. The CMs we talked to told us that it was more like late July/August temps and humidity. So it is unseasonable but sounds like it happens semi-often.

Our last trip was late Jan and that was really nice weather wise. We did need sweatshirts sometimes but I'd rather be cold than dripping sweat. We chose Jan because of the previous trip experience in April. This year we're going the week after Thanksgiving. Guess we'll see if I like that better than Jan or not!

End of April, early May is wonderful. Have been there for F&G and Mother's Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter