If you could choose: which dates would you visit? Last of Sept or First of Oct?

Meldev

DIS Veteran
I'm debating our fall trip dates. If you could chose is there much of a difference between last week of Sept or first days of Oct??

So visting DLR 9/24-9/27
Or
9/30 - 10/4

Thanks for any input

We have done the first of October and it was the most crowded I had ever seen. I would guess that it would be better at the end of September. But I am given up on predicting crowd times. Every time I try to plan for a "low season time" it ends up being 8-10 on touring plans. However, It was October break for a lot Arizona schools when we went so that may have added to the madness. But if I had to choose I would go at the end of September.

Last edited:
October was so crazy last year! That may scare people away this year, but if I was choosing I would go end of September.

My guess is that there isn't going to be a huge difference between the two periods you've identified. HalloweenTime is very popular at DLR, so expect large crowds on weekends (and often spilling over onto Fridays and Mondays). There are school breaks during both periods most likely (however, you'll miss UEA, which happens later in October). Mickey's Halloween Party usually starts in late September (party dates are not usually announced until mid-summer/July), which will impact park hours (historically, Disneyland will close at 6:00 pm for a weekday party or 7:00 pm on a weekend party) and crowds in the non-party park. Additionally, DLR hasn't announced any special events (e.g., AP days) or ticket promotions that might bring guests into the parks. All that being said, I would go with whichever time frame works better for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter