If You Could Change The Great Movie Ride

MountainMan73

I Survived It's A Small World
If Disney said they were going to revamp The Great Movie Ride tommorow. As in they'd take out some scenes and put in some new ones. What would you want to see represented in the attraction? What scene? What wouldn't you mind seeing go? And Studio's be darned! Any movie from any film company could be represented.

For me:

Gone With The Wind - shocked its not in there already. They could do the stairs scene or Atlanta burning down.

Anything Alfred Hitchcock - I think the man should be represented in ride. Maybe just a scene from inside the apartment from Rear Window.

Ghostbusters - any scene could work really - the easiest would probably be the scene in the hotel room where they are first using the streams to capture the ghost.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Fantasia part go - or at least be updated to more than just a glorified tv screen.

The Tarzan scene never did anything for me either.

What would you change or put in?

i would definately like to see a back to the future part in there like have the hostess step out of the ride like they do now but they enter the back to the future part in 1985 and come out in 1955 that would be pretty cool

Anything Alfred Hitchcock - I think the man should be represented in ride. Maybe just a scene from inside the apartment from Rear Window.

Hitch is represented at Universal Studios.

i would definately like to see a back to the future part in there like have the hostess step out of the ride like they do now but they enter the back to the future part in 1985 and come out in 1955 that would be pretty cool

Rights to Back to the Future belong to Universal Studios.

Ghostbusters - any scene could work really - the easiest would probably be the scene in the hotel room where they are first using the streams to capture the ghost.

Ghostbusters is represented at Universal Studios.

oh really?

They had a MAJOR BttF attraction there (Florida and California) for the better part of a decade.

The USA attractions were just recently converted to The Simpsons.

I believe the BttF ride is still active in Universal Studios, Japan.

I know that they have the Bates Motel in CA. Was there ever a ride based off of anything Hitchcock? Did Ghostbusters ever have an attraction?

I know that they have the Bates Motel in CA. Was there ever a ride based off of anything Hitchcock? Did Ghostbusters ever have an attraction?

Hitchcock has/had a stage show, a film-makers interactive museum and 3D movie attraction.
(I don't know if it is still in operation.)

Ghostbusters has/had a live show.
(I don't know if it is still in operation.)

To me it's not so much the movies presented as the need to update the animatronics a bit. (Desperately in the case of the Energy ride also!)

It would be more fun if the characters in different sections did more. Or parhaps if they added live actors to more parts of it....

The outdoor theming of the attraction is so great, and it's neat that they have real artifacts on display...then they have the movie clip room...but the ride itself is not as fun as it could be.

I like all of the suggestions of the OP. That being said there is no way that they could do anything of Hitchcock's cause he is just plain too scary. I am still nervous when taking a shower and it has been a good 50 years or so since I watch "Psycho". :scared1:

I have really only enjoyed "Fantasia" after a couple of beers or so. It is the tame version of a wild 60's 'trip'.:lmao:

I would enjoy having a tri or quad sided stage with each one having a different movie scene, computerized rotation, and each time you went through you would have a different experience. There are many good movies out there, even with the constraints of copyright laws.

The lack of movies that youngsters might know, Oz, notwithstanding, does not make this too attractive to kids and not even many of the oldsters know who Busby Berkley was.

That long and winding que inside is made more bearable by the movie clips but they could change it up a bit here and there.

Slightly Goofy who knows movies, old and new

After going on this ride a few times, I only go on now if we have friends with us who have never been on it before.

The only part I really enjoy is the Wizard of Oz.

I would add the final scene of "Some Like It Hot". It is the best last line ever and I am still roaring with laughter decades later.

Slightly Goofy

As long as the ride gets to keep the Alien scene...it's all good.

Other scenes I'd love to see re-created on the Great Movie Ride are:

-Forrest Gump's famous park bench/box of chocolates scene. Such a great film and heartwarming/innocent character.

-More from Walt Disney's classic films (ex: Davy Crockett...possibly a Fess Parker salute. Old Yeller..NO not the sad ending part. 20,000 Leagues, The Love Bug. And they need to extend the Mary Poppins scene since that was one of Walt's all-time best classics.)

Round up the usual suspects.
Bond. James Bond."
"Yo, Adrian!"
I'm walking here! I'm walking here!"[
"Here's Johnny!"
Stella! Hey, Stella!"
Shane. Shane. Come back!"
Say 'hello' to my little friend!"
"You had me at 'hello'"
Here's looking at you, kid."

"Rosebud.
You talkin' to me?"
They call me Mister Tibbs!"
What we've got here is (a) failure to communicate
Love means never having to say you're sorry."
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
You're gonna need a bigger boat."
If you build it, he will come."
"I feel the need—the need for speed!"
"May the Force be with you

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!
Nobody puts 'Baby' in a corner."
"I'll have what she's having."
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."
A boy's best friend is his mother
"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
The stuff that dreams are made of."
"You can't handle the truth!"
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
Soylent Green is people
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
A martini. Shaken, not stirred

Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't heard nothin' yet!"

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
I coulda been a contender. I
I am big! It's the pictures that got small."
I'm king of the world!"
Made it, Ma! Top of the world!"

"Carpe diem
Hasta la vista, baby."
I'll be back."

"Well, nobody's perfect."

From Slightly Goofy who watches way too many movies and is looking for an excuse not to finish the yardwork.

BTW, if you understand what I am aiming at here there is medication for that nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter