If you could change one thing about DCL, what would it be?

I am not sure what I would change. However, having been on most of the other cruise lines you can look at their boards and see the same complaints - change the itinerary, better choice of food, the buffets need to be open longer etc. I think it behooves each and everyone of us to take a look at what you want to achieve with your vacation and see what will fill that need. We just got off a Ponant trip to Antarctica. We wanted an expedition cruise not a drive by. There were people that complained that there was a language barrier. It was a french ship and the accents could be difficult but you knew that going in. Our next trip is the Allure of the Seas. We wanted to sail out of Galveston and this ship met the needs of a group ranging in age from 6 to 66. All are disney fans but wanted something for everyone to do and there was more to do on the Allure. Trip after that is on the Wish. I was supposed to be on the ship the week after the Inaugural but we all know what happened to that. I don't like short cruises but it is all it is does so be it. Trying to decide on a cruise line for January at this point but have the Dream scheduled in March and a carnival cruise for next October. I expect to relax on all of them don't intend to dwell on what would be preferred. If I had a different preference I should/would look on how to make that happen. YMWV

Personally I think you should be able to sign up for your port arrival time based on your cruise status. And I say this is somebody who is only gold.

Pearl should be able to check in at 40 Days
Platinum should be able to check in at 37 Days
Gold at 35 Days
Silver at 33 Days
First Time Cruisers 30 Days

This creates also enough of a buffer that if you are Platinum and you want to sleep in till the next morning to check in you’re still not up against as many people.

They could also implement this for some of the activities that only become available at 30 days out like certain scheduled meet and greets.

There should be some benefit to being loyal to DCL
They used to have people do PAT at the same time as activity booking. That went away with COVID testing. I don’t understand why it can’t come back. Simpler all around.

Personally I think you should be able to sign up for your port arrival time based on your cruise status. And I say this is somebody who is only gold.

Pearl should be able to check in at 40 Days
Platinum should be able to check in at 37 Days
Gold at 35 Days
Silver at 33 Days
First Time Cruisers 30 Days

This creates also enough of a buffer that if you are Platinum and you want to sleep in till the next morning to check in you’re still not up against as many people.

They could also implement this for some of the activities that only become available at 30 days out like certain scheduled meet and greets.

There should be some benefit to being loyal to DCL
I agree about the PAT but not the meet and greets. Some people can't afford to cruise Disney that often or even multiple times. Not that loyalty shouldn't be rewarded, but for something that is more of the core Disney experience everyone should have an equal opportunity to experience.

They used to have people do PAT at the same time as activity booking. That went away with COVID testing. I don’t understand why it can’t come back. Simpler all around.
My instinct says because passengers now upload documents and pictures that they don’t want to have to store sensitive photos for that long… but honestly who knows.

My instinct says because passengers now upload documents and pictures that they don’t want to have to store sensitive photos for that long… but honestly who knows.
That may be true, but other lines do it that way. When sailed on Princess (during COVID, so fairly recently), you could upload your photos and passport info anytime after you booked. Of course some things couldn't be done until closer tot the sail date, but there was no 'time limit' on them storing sensitive photos. But again, this is DCL IT we're talking about, lol . . .

I know it's already been said, and I know DCL has no real incentive to do this, but make Castaway Club status something actually worth pursuing. Grant meaningful benefits.

And once you've done that, grant CC status based on number of sailings OR number of nights sailed. There is absolutely no reason us folks who tend to take longer cruises should not have equal status with those folks who take shorter cruises, when total nights sailed are the same.

And the thing with that is that I am just the opposite - the lack of that stuff is one of the draws for cruising Disney. I want a more peaceful vacation experience. I would appreciate it if the crew wasn’t trying to “pump up” the crowd at all - especially in the dining rooms. (This would be my whole life, not just that I am mid-age+.)

One positive thing about paying gratitude’s separate is it’s not taxed!!
And that is a big plus for the crew members!! Appreciate this especially at tax time!!

On the menus, however, we just got off the Dream on Monday and were given menus in the MDRs without asking, so maybe they are back to that as the norm now?
Just back from the Wonder, we were asked the first couple of nights if we wanted the paper menu before they started just offering them for subsequent nights.

One positive thing about paying gratitude’s separate is it’s not taxed!!
Well, given that most staff in tipped positions are not Americans, I guess the taxable status of any of their compensation depends on the tax laws of their home nations or the Bahamas, where the ships are flagged.

I know this might not go over well and could start arguments but I would like to see an 18 and older cruise.
I think there would be enough of a demand they could do at least one a year. Make it a seven day with 2 stops at Cast Away Cay.
Now I have nothing against kids. My wife and I have been on thirteen seven day cruises over the last 22 years and we have always had a great time. I think it would sell out fast especially with 2 stops at Cats Away Cay.
They could do it during a time of the year most kids are in school.
Just a thought, please don't hate me:scared:
Hate you? I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! Are you kidding me, I would book this so fast. Since we have all adult kids, who have mostly flown the coop, my husband and I would love a Disney cruise (on the Magic, since that has the best adult pool out of all 4 ships) without kids. And double dip on Castaway Cay, we did this once and absolutely loved that cruise, I'm all over it. When I saw the Wish, I realized they had forgotten about adult solo cruisers, when they built the tiny, bathtub size all adult pool. Whoever came up with that idea, should be fired. Anyway, I really hope they read this thread and offer this!

Well, given that most staff in tipped positions are not Americans, I guess the taxable status of any of their compensation depends on the tax laws of their home nations or the Bahamas, where the ships are flagged.
I meant for people sailing it’s not taxed from the total amount of your cruise 🤣

I actually like the area around Port of Miami. Beautiful port to watch from the ship as you sail out. I also enjoy staying on Biscayne Bay (Intercontinental) and eating and shopping at the nearby Brickell District. But I do get it, Ft. Lauderdale is very pretty and more relaxed of an area.
I did enjoy watching the port of Miami as we sailed away. :sail:

I agree with a lot of what's been mentioned, but one thing I haven't seen: the ability to order food in the app and have it delivered to your location on the ship. I experienced this when I cruised on Princess in 2021 and it was really nice. You just go in and select what you want (it was all quick service type food, like tacos, quesadillas, sandwiches, etc.); the app would recognize your location (and then you would click to confirm), and they would deliver to you. You could also check the app for updates (making the food, on their way, etc.). You could do this with drinks as well.

Not sure it's my #1 thing, but it was a super nice perk on Princess.

Also, I can't recall if it's been said, but not having to get up at midnight to do reservations and online check in. I know it didn't used to be that way, so I'm hoping they'll go back to that!
I don't know if I would use that for food, but I would absolutely use it for drinks! To be able to find my favorite lounger and not worry about losing it to get a drink? Sign me up! ::yes::

Been on 28 DCL cruises, i would love to see the future cruise desk come back (Ive seen it open on videos on RCL), open Cabanas for dinner, and bring back early boarding for Platinum (the PAT sign up is crazy)
I don't even care if the future cruise desk is open, I would just like the ability to be able to use my placeholder without having to call DCL. Why can't they just issue you a code which gets you 10% off a cruise and have you apply that at checkout?

I don't even care if the future cruise desk is open, I would just like the ability to be able to use my placeholder without having to call DCL. Why can't they just issue you a code which gets you 10% off a cruise and have you apply that at checkout?
Absolutely! I hate having to call to use my placeholder. I already have a confirmation code. Why can't I apply it to my cruise and be done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter