If you could change one thing about DCL, what would it be?

A return to the paper navigator left in your room every night. As well as not having to ask for a real menu at dinner. One of my favorite things about cruising used to be unpacking my suitcase, turning off my phone, throwing it into my suitcase, and shoving it under the bed. Impossible to do now that everything is on the app. Yes, I'm a luddite, but I hate having to be constantly staring at the stupid shiny box while I'm on vacation.
I do miss the paper navigators also. It was a great souvenir.

On the menus, however, we just got off the Dream on Monday and were given menus in the MDRs without asking, so maybe they are back to that as the norm now?

Lincoln’s Birthday is a state holiday in New York.
Yes, 24 states observe it. Not the state of California, but the schools do. But not sure how Presidents Day, and Lincoln's birthday, when put together, ended up being a whole week off in California public schools.

I know this might not go over well and could start arguments but I would like to see an 18 and older cruise.
I think there would be enough of a demand they could do at least one a year. Make it a seven day with 2 stops at Cast Away Cay.
Now I have nothing against kids. My wife and I have been on thirteen seven day cruises over the last 22 years and we have always had a great time. I think it would sell out fast especially with 2 stops at Cats Away Cay.
They could do it during a time of the year most kids are in school.
Just a thought, please don't hate me:scared:

We have our first NCL cruise booked for next June. Their "queen" beds are 2 twins pushed together. I'm dreading it. I will probably just ask our host to separate them into 2 beds, not thrilled about that either.
We’ve never had an issue with the NCL beds. So hopefully it works for you!

Keep the buffet open during dinner. Add another MDR so they aren’t so crowded. I love the DCL MDRs but I also hate them because everyone is so crammed in and they’re so loud. My in laws won’t cruise on DCL with us again because of the MDRs.
Just an idea, but have you tried the second seating at 8:15 for dinner? Less kiddos and much quieter and more leisurely dinner. :chat:

UH NO!... the Wish is great. Change is good.
Change can often indeed be good. Sometimes change is not good and is nothing more than progressing backwards.
4th Rotational Dining Room
This is one I have to agree 100% with. One of the reasons why I don't like the MDR's and try to book Remy and Palo as much as possible is because of how cramped and how loud the MDR's can be. A 4th option would be something I would welcome.

I have thought about this post for a bit, and I can't think of much. If I had one wish, it is more that it stays the same, as I fear we will see more and more shrinkflation in cruising in general.

But, for new things, it would be bigger venues for things like Match Your Mate and the like. I don't like how small they are and how hard it can be to find a seat if you don't get there early.

A very close second for me is more consistent dinner service. The difference in how quickly some tables receive their entire meal vs. another table (usually us, it seems) is crazy. We can just be getting to our main course when other tables have had dessert and are heading out. I can't figure out why it is so inconsistent. On our last cruise, it was every night of our cruise, yet our servers were busting their butts, so it didn't appear to be their fault. One night, our appetizers arrived as other tables had dessert.

4th Rotational Dining Room

That would mean the elimination of the 3-night cruises - and though most of us on here are not fans, those are some of their biggest money makers. DCL is not going to have it so that guests don't hit one MDR each night. There would be even more of an outcry than there is when people don't get the rotation they want.

I have thought about this post for a bit, and I can't think of much. If I had one wish, it is more that it stays the same, as I fear we will see more and more shrinkflation in cruising in general.

But, for new things, it would be bigger venues for things like Match Your Mate and the like. I don't like how small they are and how hard it can be to find a seat if you don't get there early.

A very close second for me is more consistent dinner service. The difference in how quickly some tables receive their entire meal vs. another table (usually us, it seems) is crazy. We can just be getting to our main course when other tables have had dessert and are heading out. I can't figure out why it is so inconsistent. On our last cruise, it was every night of our cruise, yet our servers were busting their butts, so it didn't appear to be their fault. One night, our appetizers arrived as other tables had dessert.
For the dinner service we often (when seated alone) tell our server from the onset that we prefer a faster dining experience. We order as soon as we can and know exactly what we want before we even sit down. It works really well if you would like a quicker paced meal.

For the dinner service we often (when seated alone) tell our server from the onset that we prefer a faster dining experience. We order as soon as we can and know exactly what we want before we even sit down. It works really well if you would like a quicker paced meal.
And we are just the opposite! I like to take my time and dawdle over coffee and then order. We always have second seating and let our tablemates order at their own pace. No hurries no worries, we stay on island time:fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter