If you could be at one sporting event ( when ever it was)

very nice, if you got a pic , post it
Wish I had a picture. My grandfather ran for the Netherlands so most everything was lost in the war. The family does still have the medal though. It was one of the favorite show and tell items when the cousins were young.

I will admit to scrutinizing "Chariots of Fire" to see if there are any track and field clips.

I would of like to been at the Phillies game the night the world found out that bin laden was killed. Back than I use to go to all the Sunday night baseball games in philly. Not many a year. I was on DCL during this time.
The whole stadium was chatting USA. At first the players didn’t know what was going on. Watch it on you tube. Search Phillies game the night bin laden was killed.

I want to be there when my team finally wins a Stanley Cup. It could happen Sunday, but I won’t be there.

Last edited:

Speaking of bugs in the new software, do all of you have posts that look a half page long? I hate to post, because it seems like all my posts take up so much space.

I hit quote to say yours look fine to me, but as I read along realized you fixed it with feedback from here. :)

I was going to say one of these:
2004 World Series, Red Sox won for the first time in decades.
Without a doubt, Miracle on Ice. I grew up in upstate NY and the entire Capitol Region was totally immersed in the Olympic spirit that year.

But I definitely think you win! -
1924 Olympics to watch my grandfather, whom I never met, win a bronze medal in track.

Game 6 tickets for tomorrow are $2,000 and up. Hearing $6,900 for so-so seats. I’ll be watching from my dad’s couch LOL.

Locally -- the Red Sox winning the World Series.
Internationally -- opening ceremonies at the Olympics!

Title says “ whenever” so future time is an option.

When the Cleveland Browns win the Super Bowl!

A girl can dream right???

With ZHawk 1973 Belmont Stakes. Think about it with all the enhancements to Horse racing Drugs etc. He still holds the world record for that distance. Can't be many other records that old.

Last edited:
Jimmy Connors vs John McEnroe at the U.S. Open in 1991. I think, Connors had semi-retired, but came back. And everyone knew that this match would pretty much be their last against each other and so worth seeing live. I couldn't for the life of me get tickets for as soon at there was even an inkling these guys would go up against each other, any tickets left were already gone or being scalped for an uber high price. :sad:

I was there for a couple of Connors matches that year, it was amazing.

No question, the 1973 Belmont Stakes.

I was at the 2015 Belmont Stakes, which was also pretty cool.

Incidentally, happy Belmont Stakes Day everyone!

THIS! I can't imagine what it would have been like to witness this … miracle? Maybe. Magnificent for sure.

Secretariat is moving like a tremendous machine!!

Even though it was much before my time game 7 of the 1960 World Series. Walk off hr by Maz at home. Would’ve been awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter