If you could be a Disney Imagineer...

Tig

Earning My Ears
What kind of attraction would you design? It can be a thrill ride, a show, or shop.

:)

I would want a Lion King kind of ride. Have like a 'Simba' car and you are on some kind of journey and the laughing hyenas are chasing you or something. That would be a cool ride. I have to think on it some more with more details. :)

Also, I would like to see an underwater attraction, kinda like Atlantis. Actually go underwater in a little boat type thing. That would be expensive but WAY COOL.

Or a Cinderella themed ride with her mice. :)

I would also do something with the castle. Open up a "small theater" where Walt's apartment was supposed to be and have like a tribute film to Walt kinda like they have at MGM. :)

HHmmm...maybe I need to put in an application at Disney!

From eeyore's DH, Lou-Bear:

The ride I would design wouldn't be practical for large numbers of people. I think the whole concept of thrill rides is getting to the point of how can you personalize the experience. To that end, it would be cool to do something along the lines of immersive type visual reality kind of story setting. One that comes to mind is like the Haunted Mansion except that the person would experience it by walking through the mansion and interacting with all sorts of events during the walk. Based upon how you react, the whole story line can change. At the same time, you use the whole concept of virtual reality to bring the experience to the individual such as a ghost passing by would result in some type of cold sensation being introduced to the individual.

eeyore says, "whew!" I just typed all that while he talked. :)
I would do something more with the castle myself, though not sure what. Being into the whole medieval/renaissance history, I love castles. Heck, they could just add the dragon like they have in Paris. We loved that part.

DH has sent in his resume and applied to a few jobs with Disney, but no one is calling. :(

I have also thought along your lines about an underwater ride themed on Atlantis - maybe reuse the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea lagoon...

I have also thought about a Monsters, Inc. roller coaster-type ride. Guests would ride on "doors" along a wild track - some going one way, some going another - so there would actually be multiple rides within the one ride - maybe the riders even push a button to decide which track to take. Then the doors would "go to" different locations - like Mike and Sulley did - Paris, a hut on a beach, Japan, etc. ,with Randall chasing you the whole time. Maybe you would then have to find the right "door" to get back out or if you get caught, your ride would take you to the Himalayas (sp?) and you would have a wild ride down the "cold and snowy" hill back to the "village".

I tried applying once, too. I supposed they just laughed when they saw I work for the Gov't.:p

I had the same idea about a Monsters, Inc. ride - with doors being the cars. I think it would be a blast. I love the scene in the movie where they're riding the doors. :D

I'd also LOVE to do something with that 20K lagoon. It's been sitting idle for far too long. Maybe a Little Mermaid ride. Or an Atlantis ride, or even a bigger, better 20K ride. Imagineering has come a long way, they could certainly revamp 20K into something for the 21st century.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter