If you could attend just one nighttime show, which would you choose?

IDK especially if you don’t care whether it’s a “perfect” view, but we did have a near perfect view this past trip with no waiting due to rain.

It poured about an hour before the show and that emptied out the park. We just walked up to a great view minutes before.

It’s hard to count on something like weather, but it’s how we got to see it from the hub. So just saying...

I love how the parks empty when it rains. I can only hope!!!

HEA - would 'never' miss, and ONLY at the hub! ROL next.

Saw Illuminations many times, never did care for it, haven't tried for the last 5 or more years. Hope the next show is much better.

Are they replacing Illuminations? We have only seen bits and pieces while walking by. We have only been to WDW 3x as well. Not sure when the next trip will be after his one.

Are they replacing Illuminations? We have only seen bits and pieces while walking by. We have only been to WDW 3x as well. Not sure when the next trip will be after his one.

Seemingly just a rumor at this point, but I do hope it's true, and the next one is better - find this one sort of boring. There is so much work put into the placement of the show equipment every night for the 'returns' - JMO.

I would have to say it's probably Illumunations with SWGS as a very close second. Lots of memories with Illuminations even though the Millenium show I much preferred. Besides, the music is fantastic, both pre and post-show.

HEA is beautiful and I enjoy the music but the fact that you have to fight for a spot to stand in a specific area to even get the full effect of the show itself brings it down a bit for me. We watched it from the bridge to Tomorrowland last trip and it was okay. Fantasmic is alright but it's probably my least favorite of this group. Usually we only do it every few years. ROL I've yet to experience and hope to this December.

Last edited:

HEA for sure!!!!

Seemingly just a rumor at this point, but I do hope it's true, and the next one is better - find this one sort of boring. There is so much work put into the placement of the show equipment every night for the 'returns' - JMO.

Im pretty sure Pete reported Illuminations to be replaced in 2019 on last weeks' ( two Tuesdays ago) show...

In my order...

1) Star Wars Fireworks - only by the smallest of margins. I give the nod to Star Wars because we have three kids, and it is almost impossible for us to get a good viewing spot for HEA. As soon as everyone stands up, the three kids cannot see the projections on the castle. We have tried multiple viewing spots and have not found a good solution.
2) Happily Ever After - This is the best show IMO, but the logistics put it at #2.
3) Fantasmic
4) Illuminations - We liked it better before the amazing fireworks associated with HEA. We have gotten spoiled.
5) Rivers of Light - This was one of the very few things have left us underwhelmed. We all wanted to leave.

In my opinion, Star Wars and Happily Ever After are in the top tier by a wide margin!

Now having seen Star Wars I would rank them:

1. Rivers of Light
  2. Fantasmic!
  3. Star Wars (And I'm a big fan but this wasn't it for me. My 31yo DS ranks it number 1.)
  4. Illuminations
  5. HEA - Haven't seen it except on YouTube and have no desire to.
HEA consistently ranking so high confuses me. I compare the intricacies of the floating flowers, dancing water, and projections at RoL to "Oh, look, they are playing a movie on the castle and there are some fireworks" even compares. Nostalgia must be the determining factor. That and liking things that go boom.

Star Wars is the most dynamic and interesting, but I think Happily is the most iconic (location), so I pick Happily

Thanks again for the replies; I really appreciate them.

1. Rivers of Light
  2. Fantasmic!
  3. Star Wars (And I'm a big fan but this wasn't it for me. My 31yo DS ranks it number 1.)
  4. Illuminations
HEA consistently ranking so high confuses me. I compare the intricacies of the floating flowers, dancing water, and projections at RoL to "Oh, look, they are playing a movie on the castle and there are some fireworks" even compares. Nostalgia must be the determining factor. That and liking things that go boom.

Rivers of Light is a must for us. It looks interesting. We see Disneyland's fireworks often so I have decided against HEA. I love fireworks and I am sure they are amazing but Disneyland's are pretty special so we are just going to stick with those.

I love Happily Ever After, I do NOT love the mass of sweaty humanity that exists throughout the hub / main street area, nor do I love exiting the park when it is over. Because of that, if I had to chose just one, I would pick Illuminations. I love the show, not quite as much as Happily Ever After, but the relative ease with which one can find a spot to watch it, the fact that even during the show, there is some room around you to breathe and move a bit, and the fact that it is a wonderful leisurely stroll out of the park when it is over make it my first choice.

1. Rivers of Light
  2. Fantasmic!
  4. Illuminations

Lol not at all! I ordinarily don’t go out of my way to watch fireworks but HEA blew me away. The fireworks are beautiful and I love the way they coordinate with the projections and the music is fantastic.

Happily ever after, then Fastasmic, front row and center, Star Wars.

Between the following, which would you choose? Our party includes DH and myself. :thanks:

• Happily Ever After
  • Illuminations
  • Star Wars fireworks
  • Rivers of Light
  • F!
I would definitely go with Happily Ever After first, it is breathtaking. Following that I would say Fantasmic but I think that gets a really bad rep. Then Rivers of Light which is pretty cool but after once its kind of done with. Not the biggest fan of Illuminations but I can see why people appreciate it. I have not seen Star Wars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter