• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you celebrate Easter Sunday, what will you be having? Are there any traditions you have observed today or are observing?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
Ours will be lasagne with brasciole, like it has been since I was little. Traditions like this make me feel close to people who are long gone now

What are you having and is it a tradition?

I did Easter Baskets too, we used to do movies & I wanted to see the new John Wick but not this year.

No special traditions. Went to church this morning (sing in the choir) It's just DH and I for dinner, we're having grilled salmon, roasted potatoes, salad. Maybe walk to the ice cream store later, it's a beautiful day. I'm sort of watching the Masters as I work on other things.

We had salad, lasagne, meatballs, ham, mashed potatoes, and several desserts. That has been the menu my entire life and we wouldn’t change it because it reminds us of those who are no longer with us.
We have an Easter egg hunt for the children.
We are grateful for our traditions ❤️
Happy Easter to all who celebrate 🐥 🙏 🐰

Mostly copied and pasted from another post....My parents have been here since Friday. My brother, sister in law and niece came for dinner yesterday so they could do dinner with my sister in laws family today. We had an little egg hunt for my niece which is the second one and has become a tradition. Dinner was ham, sweet potato casserole, peas and a lasagna. Always do ham and some sort of pasta because half the family doesn't like the spiral ham. Sometimes I do penne al la vodka, but changed it up for lasagna which seemed to hit the spot for everyone. My brother made Italian bread. We had an Easter bunny ice cream cake and a chocolate dessert plate (my mom's friend makes platters for holidays with homemade chocolates....chocolate covered oreos, rice krispie treats, molded chocolates etc.).

Today we took my parents to brunch which was different and we'll probably eat leftovers from yesterday when everyone gets hungry again. Low key day. They will head home tomorrow long after DH and I leave for work. My dad is older and not in the best of health so it's better to spread out the drive than have them come just for the day. I usually host Easter but try to be cognizant of my brother and his family obligations to in-laws so it worked out best this year to do the big dinner on Saturday.

We went to church on Friday and this morning as we always have; that will never change for us on Easter, come-what-may. :worship:

Feast-wise, we went out today for a fancy brunch buffet with friends - there was every kind of food under the sun there. I can't remember DS ever having sushi, eggs benedict and curried lamb on the same plate before; definitely not traditional! :laughing:We're having dinner with another group of friends and the hostess is roasting a ham. That's what I would normally make and we're looking forward to it.

We hosted an Easter brunch at our house on Good Friday. My niece has to drive back to her college today, so, while we used to do a family gathering on Easter Sunday, either celebrating on Friday or Saturday works better for our family right now.

We made way too much food -

Bourbon Cherry Glazed Ham
Honey Glazed Ham
Pineapple Stuffing
Hashbrown Casserole
Vegetable Frittata
Sausage & Rice Casserole
Cheese Grits
Asparagus Spring Salad
Fruit Salad
Greek Yogurt w/ Honey & Granola
Pimento Cheese w/ Toast Points
Deviled Eggs
Raw Vegetable Tray
Relish Tray
Biscuits
Blueberry Muffins
Lemon Scones
Various Jams, Jellies, & Marmalades

And, for dessert, Carrot Cake, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Easter Trifle, Funfetti Cookies, & Rice Krispie Squares

We hosted an Easter brunch at our house on Good Friday. My niece has to drive back to her college today, so, while we used to do a family gathering on Easter Sunday, either celebrating on Friday or Saturday works better for our family right now.

We made way too much food -

Bourbon Cherry Glazed Ham
Honey Glazed Ham
Sounds like a delicious spread. Do you mind sharing the recipe for the bourbon cherry glaze? I haven't heard of it before and it sounds like something that would be a hit with my family for something different.

Ours will be lasagne with brasciole, like it has been since I was little. Traditions like this make me feel close to people who are long gone now

What are you having and is it a tradition?

I did Easter Baskets too, we used to do movies & I wanted to see the new John Wick but not this year.
Did you make any bunny (or otherwise) decorated items after all? I know you were contemplating it...

We always have a "tea" for Easter......family comes about 10
We had roast beef on Ciabatta, turkey roll-ups, cucumber/cream cheese mixture on sourdough. Lemon bars, mini cinnamon rolls, brownies, deviled eggs, chocolate covered strawberries. Plain scones and orange chocolate chip scones.

Baskets for the 2 grand kids, DD and DS
The grand kids do an egg hunt. They each hide for the other.

Every year I make a spiral ham along with mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, corn and asparagus. Everyone eats a slice of ham and then it all ends up getting tossed. No one wants to eat the leftovers. This year I said no way to making ham this year.

I decided to switch it up and make chicken and waffles (Mickey waffles with the mickey flip waffle maker and Disney malt waffle mix). I made the Mickey waffles, a Bobby flay chicken tender recipe along with hash browns and a small ham steak for Dh because he couldn’t image Easter with no ham. The chicken and waffles were delicious.

I also made brownies to have along with ice cream for dessert. Those were heavenly but that might just be because I haven’t had sugar for 40 days.

We always do ham, scalloped potatoes, a vegetable, and a layered salad. Favorite part is the paska bread. Miss my grandmothers. I think I like it so much because of the memories. We just get store bought now. I should try baking it sometime, but im not a baker (I like and am good at cooking, but baking you have to be too precise for me).

We went to our extended family Easter celebration and are now at home waiting for my kids to arrive. We're having sushi, with a pretty decent spread of fish--albacore, yellowfin tuna, yellowtail, halibut, tilapia, seasoned mackerel, tuna belly, cooked eel that I made yesterday, escolar (my kids like, I kind of disapprove of), and 2 salmon varieties. We're having fruit and vegan cheesecake filling parfaits for dessert.

WE did our dinner on Saturday as DH worked all weekend and college-kid wanted to get back on the road early Sunday.
I did ham, broccoli salad, roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, baked mac n cheese, and, my one "must have at Easter", home made coleslaw.

Growing up, my aunt made THE BEST coleslaw...dressing from home made (day of) mayo, everything hand shredded, etc. I did not have that drive on Saturday, so I just threw stuff together, but, it was still tasty.

Other things I "must have" on Easter that I was too lazy for this year - creamed onions, soft rolls, calico beans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter