If you can only pick one restaurant for dinner...

mernin

DIS Veteran
We are staying one night at SSR after our 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We will not have park tickets and right now, no plans. We have talked about a water park but may just swim at the resort or head to DS. We will have a rental car. Will be DH, DD’s 6 & 11 and I.

So back to the question - if you could choose just 1 dinner restaurant that is not in a park, what would it be?

Last edited:
We are staying one night at SSR after our 7 night Eastern Caribbean Cruise. We will not have park tickets and right now, no plans. We have talked about a water park but may just swim at the resort or head to DS.

So back to the question - if you could choose just 1 dinner restaurant that is not in a park, what would it be?
Just 1 - CA Grill at Contemporary.

Food can be hit or miss, service too - but that incomparable theme park view of the Magic Kingdom is priceless.

Or - the only meal where dinner is theater - Victoria & Albert.

Or - the best, rootin' tooin' good time - Hoop Dee Doo Review.

Or - Swan & Dolphin for best fish (BlueZoo) & steak (Shula's).

Or - a land lovin' shopping diversion - any place in Disney Springs....because just about every one offers decent food.

Since you're going to be at SSR, I'd recommend going into Disney Springs. Specifically, I would recommend Frontera Cochina, but many other people will have many other favorites as well.

Just 1 - CA Grill at Contemporary.

Food can be hit or miss, service too - but that incomparable theme park view of the Magic Kingdom is priceless.

Or - the only meal where dinner is theater - Victoria & Albert.

Or - the best, rootin' tooin' good time - Hoop Dee Doo Review.

Or - Swan & Dolphin for best fish (BlueZoo) & steak (Shula's).

Or - a land lovin' shopping diversion - any place in Disney Springs....because just about every one offers decent food.
California Grill was my first thought but just coming off the cruise, I’m not sure we will want to eat another “fancy” meal. I also had thought of HDDR but I don’t think my DH would like it.

Since you're going to be at SSR, I'd recommend going into Disney Springs. Specifically, I would recommend Frontera Cochina, but many other people will have many other favorites as well.
We haven’t eaten here. Off to look at their menu.

Just about all of the restaurants at Disney Springs are excellent. Homecomin', Paddlefish, Boathouse, Frontera, and Morimoto are all great choices. They have the added benefit of being extremely close to Saratoga.

I could also make an argument for Boma or Sanaa over at AKL. Both have unique cuisine that would be very different from what you'd get on the cruise.

If your going to disney springs I would recommend Raglan Road. At a resort I would recommend Bona at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Homecomin' at Disney Springs. Also since you're at SSR already maybe check out The Turf Club Bar and Grill that's on property.

Just about all of the restaurants at Disney Springs are excellent. Homecomin', Paddlefish, Boathouse, Frontera, and Morimoto are all great choices. They have the added benefit of being extremely close to Saratoga.

I could also make an argument for Boma or Sanaa over at AKL. Both have unique cuisine that would be very different from what you'd get on the cruise.

Good lists! We like trying new each trip if we can. We ate at Homecomin this year so I’ll leave that one out altough it’s delish! AKL is our home resort so we’ll pass on it this year. Paddlefish & Boathouse are both on my radar. As is the Turf Club are SSR because it’s so convenient.

It’s so hard to choose just one!!!

If your going to disney springs I would recommend Raglan Road. At a resort I would recommend Bona at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Raglan Road...another one I’ve been tossing around. It didn’t make the cut last trip so maybe it’s the one this time!

I second the Since staying at SSR, going to Disney Springs, there are several good choices there

If I had to choose one non-park restaurant, it would be The Wave. Their filet is amazing! In fact, I just had it last week after having a filet at Shula's earlier in the trip, and I swear I really don't see much difference. But OP, since you are staying close to DS, I would probably suggest Homecomin'.

I'll also recommend Raglan Road. It's always one of the best meals of our trips. The pork chop and bread and butter pudding are fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter