If you’re bummed about Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party being cancelled this year, there’s always Halloween on the High Seas!

Yep, the parties (if the HOTHS cruises are a go) are usually jammed packed and will definitely have to be modified. Some more pics. I took these on our HOTHS cruises. As you can see people are crammed on every level of the atrium.

512133DSCN4967.JPG

I thought this was a joke until I saw it was an admin that had posted. Now I am just confused.
I am not. The DIS is sponsored/ owned by (I never fully looked into the details) by a travel agency. An industry that is in trouble in the current world we live in. This is just a commercial. They probably need money.

Only to make a commercial for events that are very likely to be cancelled or modified, is focussing on the wrong thing in my opinion. Especially with the use of video footage of the event as it would happen in the normal world.

If it was a video to promote cruises without special events and just focus on getting away and vacation etc. I could understand it, as we know on these boards there are plenty of people willing to sail with or without restrictions. Those are the people you can reel in with discounts for cruises 2.5 months away.

But trying to sell something that is unlikely to happen or in a completely different form... then you are out of touch with what your customers are looking for at the moment. You set up your customers for disappointment. In my opinion, of course :)

I work in the travel industry and I read a research report the other day that focussed on how customers have changed during Covid. Safety and reassurance are the key words for many, they want to travel safe and be reassured that the airline/hotel etc is taking care of them. For my airline all promotions are focussed on that. We had some new routes planned for this summer/autumn. Even though some might still go ahead, we do not promote this like we normally would, cause we cannot reassure the passengers that it will take place. Yes, we do have some bits on the flexibility we have in place, but this is not the time to focus on inflight service as it is reduced to a minimum.

What the world needs now is love sweet love
It's the only thing that there is just too little of
What the world needs now is love sweet love
No not just for some, oh but just for everyone. :)

Yeah, this is weird to post/advertise. Cruises are cancelled through September. Even IF and big word being IF, Disney would start cruising again in October - they will not be planning crowd-gathering parties. Odd.....

No Halloween cruises are happening. The Wonder left the west coast months early so the HOTHS our of San Diego are definitely not happening. Bahamas has banned Americans. The situation in the US now is a great deal worse than it was when DCL ceased operations. Nothing is sailing this fall. And if a lot of people start booking just to hopefully get a 125% fcc DCL is going to stop offering it.

Yeah, no way any parties (HOTHS or the Christmas cruises) on the ships are happening this year even if there are sailings. I'm actually surprised you can still book 2020 cruises; Disney can't offer 125% credits forever...

And if a lot of people start booking just to hopefully get a 125% fcc DCL is going to stop offering it.
Disney can't offer 125% credits forever...

I dont necessarily agree with this. You must be PIF to get the 125% so if you are willing to give DCL a decent loan now with the caveat that you wont be getting that money back, you will be putting that money (an likely more) into the company later, it doesnt seem like the worst deal for DCL. And that's ignoring the fact that the pricing structure for the cruises actually likely to sail havent even been released yet and those pricing structures are set by DCL, they could easily raise future prices to help them absorb this loss.

I saw an official ad by DCL promoting these cruises with the promise of the 125% FCC if cancelled. I was kind of astounded but it is Disney that’s tone deaf, not @WebmasterJackie .

This post just made me sad again - all 3 of our Halloween cruises have already been cancelled. Since we are DVC, we opted for a trip to Disney, only for the Halloween parties to be cancelled.

Seems a bit disingenuous to be promoting events that are more likely to be cancelled than to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter