If we lose our room card...

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I am trying to find the safest way to spend money while at WDW. I want to find the option with the least risk and least hassel if something is lost/stolen.

If we decide to charge things to our room and something happens and we lose the card (Drop it, it ends up at the bottom of a water slide, etc) What is the procedure for replacing it? Do they de-activate the lost card? I would hate for someone to find it and go on a shopping spree :( How long would it take to get a new one?

Likewise, anyone who has used traveler's checks and had to replace them, how long did that take?

I lost my room card during our December trip. ( found it later when I got home from vacation). Called our hotel on our sell from downtown disney and they deactivated them right away and had new ones waiting for us when we got back to the hotel .

I have misplaced my resort ID on a couple of occasions and as soon as I realized it was missing, I called my resort and they cancelled it immediately!!! When I got back to All-Stars, I stopped by the front desk, double checked my charges (which post immediately) and they issued me a new one right on the spot!

Regular credit cards and travelers checks take a minimum of 24 hours to replace.

I accidently left mine at a store in MGM and didn't realize it till I got back to the Boardwalk and went to pay for some food at the Screendoor. I panicked at first, then the merchant said I could use their phone to call the front desk at the BWI and they immediately deactivated my card and made me a new one on the spot. In less than 5 minutes I had my new card. I too double checked my charges. They make it so easy and convienent.

It certainly seems convenient, but what happens if someone charges a bunch of stuff to your room before you figureout it's missing? Are you still responsible for the charges?

The CMs are very diligent about checking the signature on the back of the card to make sure it matches. If some do get through, however, I'm sure you could challenge it and have some signatures compared on original receipts.

I honestly wish they would go to a keypad system with the resort IDs and a secret code.

If you loose your id it is no problem as the members above have stated. As soon as you find you have lost your card contact the FD and then when you pick up your new one review your bill. THey will be glad to void the charges should their be any at that time that are not yours.

While staying at the BWV in Sept 2001..I lost my card(dropped from my pocket in hall I'm sure) someone turned it in to lost and found but i couldn't get it that even. as they were closed so Dis cancelled that card and issued new one immediately. There were no charges put on the card while out of my possess ion and thanks to the person who did turn it in.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter