If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

We're counting down until school starts on the 6th and then there's the most important countdown....................
The girls start on the 6th as well. I am ready to get back to a "regular-ish" routine.

For character meets I have to meet Br'er Bear and Br'er Rabbit. Sounds weird given all the characters they have there but I'm not spending an hour in line anywhere and I LOVE these guys! We met them years and years ago in AK. I came across the picture of the boys with Br'er Bear in 2010:

img_8455-jpg.346647
OMG! They are so little!!!! I love it.

And two of my favorites, Chris's unpleasant dining experience at 50's Prime Time (and the reason he won't go back)
Age 7.5, "that server told me to get my elbows off the table!" :snooty: :furious: :sad:

img_8453-jpg.346649
This is why Morgan never wants to go to Whispering Canyon. The Waitress yelled at her for taking all the good red meat. And why we probably will never go to 50's Prime Time... I am sure it would end in crying as well.

:bounce:16 days until Disney:jumping3:
Woohoo!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Awww, what a lovely trip down memory lane in this update :goodvibes These pictures are amazing!!! What cuties.

Now you all may have noticed that Chris is SMILING in these pictures.
Ya know what? I did notice that :rotfl:

You should hear him if I mention 50's Prime Time :rotfl2:
:laughing:

I'm like a princess with my hair all blowing in the wind, even my shirt says so!
::yes::

Wow, you guys start late! We go back tomorrow.
Yup, us and Jersey :thumbsup2 And NH, or at least where my SIL teaches. That's why we normally go the very end of August because most of the country is back in school!

Same! I'm looking for (another) Jack Skellington shirt. I'm so original that way :sad2:
lol, I've considered dressing as Cruella because in reality it wouldn't be so hard, just absolutely NO fur coat. However I don't have it in me to coordinate costumes for Steve and/or the boys and......it's just easier to do a T-shirt!

This shouldn't crack me up, but it does :rotfl2:
Um, you should have seen us laughing when we were there!

One of our main party goals is briar fox and briar bear - dh MUST DO
I need to read up a bit more on what time they come out, all I've seen so far is that they roam around Frontierland. I can't imagine their lines are crazy given the other characters out for the party but who knows?

Yay I'm back
:wave: I enjoyed following along while you were away, looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Totally jealous of your return to Disney very soon. We will head down to Florida at the end of September for our anniversary, but are planning on doing those OTHER parks instead...and HHN.
I really want to do HHN one of these years. I tried talking Steve into fitting it in next month but he wasn't feeling it.

Ok, lady, the Poison Apple cupcake, and the pumpkin cheesecake are on my list for party treats...I am definitely buying a Halloween popcorn bucket AND a refillable mug..
I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, but after reading some reviews I'm adding the caramel filled soft pretzel to my list and I'm DEFINITELY getting a refillable mug, that thing is totally adorable :goodvibes

I downloaded pics of my tees on my PTR if you're interested...:D
I need to get over there :guilty: as usual I'm so far behind.....................

I refuse to give up party time for a character meet in a looooong line.
I don't want to do that either so hoping the Br'er's aren't long! I haven't heard that Cruella is long either especially since she roams. One party we waited for and met Jack and Sally for the kids. I'd like to meet the Dwarfs but, nope.

Our grandsons age 12 and 14 were rather grumpy during our June trip. Maybe it’s the age for it. They didn’t like the heat, either.
::yes:: Heat is hard and makes for grumpy people. My kids are happier during our "cooler" trips, but that won't stop us from planning another Aug. trip next year :cool1:

I love the throwback pictures, especially the one with Meeko, your boys are so little and cute and actually smiling! Time goes so fast.
Thank you! It does go fast, too fast, so hold on to them when they're little :sad1:

he girls start on the 6th as well. I am ready to get back to a "regular-ish" routine.
That's the one thing that I look forward to when they go back, is getting myself into my "routine" again. I don't mind them being home all summer at all but it throws my schedule off!

OMG! They are so little!!!! I love it.
Thank you! I get all teary eyed when I look at these old pictures.

This is why Morgan never wants to go to Whispering Canyon. The Waitress yelled at her for taking all the good red meat. And why we probably will never go to 50's Prime Time... I am sure it would end in crying as well.
Luckily he hasn't had anything happen at WCC lol because we all really like it there, but if he had a negative experience there when he was younger it would also be on his "list"!

The pictures from your past trips are awesome. It's crazy how fast the kiddos grow up.
For sure! It's fun looking back at past trips, especially at things that are no longer there or seeing how things have changed :)

Awww, what a lovely trip down memory lane in this update :goodvibes These pictures are amazing!!! What cuties.
:thanks:

I've been a terrible lurker lately.. but I'm here! Love the old photos! Chris is a character. His love of hot towels cracks me up

Also Club Villian looks like it was super cool. It's too bad they dont do that anymore.

I want to get that caramel stuffed pretzel at MNSSHP. We planned a special trip and I'm so excited! I got a costume and everything!

Well, I am back from our Happy Place, had a great time. Just trying to catch up on some trip reports to get over my Disney blues.

Once we ate we pretty much needed to head out and get over to AK for our first FP, which was for our 3rd ride of the trip on FOP. We also had a FP for EE afterwards but Ricky had requested FOP as often as possible after falling in love with the ride last August.
I only got one FP for FOP and thus only rode once, but it was fantastic!

I've ordered Steve and I a couple shirts hopefully for MNSSHP if I like the way they fit; I don't usually have good luck with Etsy.
My family all had matching shirts for MNSSHP. They all turned out pretty well. We didn't use Etsy, but DW found someone locally through Facebook that did them. I hope yours turn out OK.

I don't want to do that either so hoping the Br'er's aren't long! I haven't heard that Cruella is long either especially since she roams. One party we waited for and met Jack and Sally for the kids. I'd like to meet the Dwarfs but, nope.

We waited an hour for the 7 Dwarfs when we did MVMCP one year with the kids...never again!!!:mad:

I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, but after reading some reviews I'm adding the caramel filled soft pretzel to my list and I'm DEFINITELY getting a refillable mug, that thing is totally adorable :goodvibes

Joe asked if we really needed more refillable mugs...I gave him the side eye.o_O

Late to the game, but always enjoy your trip reports. Trying to convince my DS to choose WL for his high school graduation trip next summer!

A Town Without Pity
Or,
A Family Without A Park
You know how you sometimes run out of cool chapter titles! Well, I go back and forth between cool titles and boring ones, and here we have a :confused3 one that probably anyone under like, 65 won't get. Unless you've seen "Look Who's Talking" and remember Kirstie Alley singing the song??
Anyway, I was in the process of reliving our last park day, and showing you our really fun and productive morning at MK EMH and then AK, where a really cool bus driver waited for Steve and Ricky so we were only 20 minutes late for our lunch at Grand Floridian. I still haven't done that dining review but I want to share a cute picture from the meal:

IMG_8686.JPG

My cappuccino! I haven't gotten this cute little touch anywhere else, and since I don't drink coffee I've ordered cappuccino at a number of restaurants on property.
So one other thing about GFC, service took a looooooooong time. It was 1:30 when we were seated and we weren't finished until 3:40. Sitting so long made us tired since we'd been up early. On top of that we'd been trying to get a decent FP ANYWHERE while at lunch and couldn't, so we just went back to the resort after eating to figure out what we wanted to do next.
Well, what we did next was.......................nothing. Nada, on our last afternoon. We kept checking for a FP, kept checking wait times, and we had 1. no luck and 2. they were ridiculous. We couldn't even get anything good for like, 10 or 11 at night at this point, so we spend the late afternoon packing and chilling. We had earlier made a 6:45 dinner reservation at Trattoria Al Forno but we were so full from our late-ish lunch that we didn't go, and just ate at Geyser Point again.
So our last night was kind of a bust. It made me sad on the one hand because usually our whole last day is awesome. We'd had a great morning and (spoiler alert) a really good lunch, but the remainder of the day was sort of a let down and I sort of let it show...................but looking back as I did the next day lol, it was good. Ricky's leg got a rest. Chris was in his bed, a.k.a. his "happy place". And Steve didn't have to get aggravated at Chris.
Needless to say I have no ride, character, or park pictures to share here, but I do have some from after our dinner! The kids as usual went back to the room but Steve and I walked over by the cabins since we hadn't done that before.
We found these in the walkway:

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

And this area about half way down the row of cabins:

IMG_8720.JPG

IMG_8721.JPG

It reminds me of the area over by BRV, near the basketball court. I had no idea there were two grill areas but it makes sense to have them by the cabins! It looked like quite a few cabins were occupied and since some had lights on and shades up, we could see in. I wanted to take pictures through some windows but Steve rightly talked me out of that........it's pretty back there, but I felt it was too secluded for my tastes.
We took a walk back over to the dock to watch HEA one more time:

IMG_8715.JPG

IMG_8705.JPG

Before going back inside. I'm getting sad just remembering the end of our last night! Oh but wait, I did this before going up to our room:

IMG_8729.JPG

so that made me a little happier!
Otherwise it was a boring, normal, pack up and try to go to sleep without crying last Disney night. Our flight wasn't crazy early but early enough that we didn't have time for a TS breakfast or anything fun the next morning, but I'll be back for a wrap up sooner rather than later so I can reach my goal of finishing at least one of my March reports before our Sept. trip!
But since I have some more room for pictures.....

Our granddaughter Hayden, already 2 months :love:

IMG_8441.JPG

2 months AND, know how to hold her head up while giving the finger:

IMG_8450.JPG

Takes after her Grandma!

Late to the game, but always enjoy your trip reports. Trying to convince my DS to choose WL for his high school graduation trip next summer!
Well :welcome: and :thanks:!! I'm glad you're here! And I hope you can convince DS because WL is so fantastic. I am psyched my friend Cathy and I are there next October even though it's over a year away lol, and hoping to stay there before that, too!

I just realized we are there the same time!
Wait, we must discuss!!!! Where are you staying??? What are your exact dates????

img_8686-jpg.347199

My cappuccino! I haven't gotten this cute little touch anywhere else, and since I don't drink coffee I've ordered cappuccino at a number of restaurants on property.

This is so cute! I never get a cute decal like this but I also do drink regular coffee at restaurants and rarely order the cappuccino so I wouldn't know.

So one other thing about GFC, service took a looooooooong time. It was 1:30 when we were seated and we weren't finished until 3:40. Sitting so long made us tired since we'd been up early. On top of that we'd been trying to get a decent FP ANYWHERE while at lunch and couldn't, so we just went back to the resort after eating to figure out what we wanted to do next.
Well, what we did next was.......................nothing. Nada, on our last afternoon. We kept checking for a FP, kept checking wait times, and we had 1. no luck and 2. they were ridiculous. We couldn't even get anything good for like, 10 or 11 at night at this point, so we spend the late afternoon packing and chilling. We had earlier made a 6:45 dinner reservation at Trattoria Al Forno but we were so full from our late-ish lunch that we didn't go, and just ate at Geyser Point again.
So our last night was kind of a bust. It made me sad on the one hand because usually our whole last day is awesome. We'd had a great morning and (spoiler alert) a really good lunch, but the remainder of the day was sort of a let down and I sort of let it show...................but looking back as I did the next day lol, it was good. Ricky's leg got a rest. Chris was in his bed, a.k.a. his "happy place". And Steve didn't have to get aggravated at Chris.
Needless to say I have no ride, character, or park pictures to share here, but I do have some from after our dinner! The kids as usual went back to the room but Steve and I walked over by the cabins since we hadn't done that before.

Although you make it sound like it was a boring evening, it actually sounds really nice! It sure beats waiting in an hour long standby line for a ride that you've been on hundreds of times, so I think your night sounds great! It sounds like it was just a regular vacation night but since you're just enjoying your time at Disney, it's even better! :)

Before going back inside. I'm getting sad just remembering the end of our last night! Oh but wait, I did this before going up to our room:

img_8729-jpg.347254

Yum this looks so good!

img_8450-jpg.347213

Takes after her Grandma!

Aww what a smart little cutie!!

❤️ That baby!!!

Wait, we must discuss!!!! Where are you staying??? What are your exact dates????

The 8th-15th. Just young son and I! We are staying at YC. It’s kind of a redo for me because a chef made me sick and it was handled really badly. Disney doesn’t like it when their chefs make you have an allergic reaction and they try to make it up to you.......

Ah...almost wrapped up the report and it is bringing back those memories...of NO Fastpasses! Easter Break is definitely a never again for us. I couldn't believe how crazy it was there. Still sorry we couldn't meet up but there is always THANKSGIVING right?

Wow that grandbaby is just too, too cute!

I love the throwback pictures of your boys with the characters. That was fun. My kids are also scarred from 50s PT. If I even mention Aunt Carol, they start scarfing down their dinner.

Oh but wait, I did this before going up to our room:

img_8729-jpg.347254

I finally got to try one of these bad boys on our July trip. It was at POR and not WL but still delish.

The animal footprints are a really nice touch. Love that! I'm considering WL for our August next year. At the very least, we're going to do the new character dining with Snow and the Dwarves. And I really want to check out Geyser Point.

img_8450-jpg.347213

Adorable and already multi-tasking!

Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

So one other thing about GFC, service took a looooooooong time. It was 1:30 when we were seated and we weren't finished until 3:40. Sitting so long made us tired since we'd been up early.
We have eaten at GFC once for lunch and never again. Our lunch was about two hours long. It was very annoying. I'm sorry that you weren't able to get any fastpasses for the rest of the day. That is a definite downer for a final day. :(

Hopefully, your next trip will be better. Is this cookie from the OFC lounge? We will be staying CL at the WL on our upcoming trip. We are really looking forward to it.

That is an adorable picture. She is really sweet. :)

Hayden is GORGEOUS! You and Steve must be so happy!!! And just think...You now have a princess to spoil silly at Disney World. Woo! Hoo!

Wonderful photos from years past! Such fun and sweet memories... thank you for sharing!

I was sad too that your last night seemed to be such a bust. No FPs and a cancelled ADR due to full tummies and slow service before that. :( But treats can do some damage control, right?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter