If the price is equal

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
...between HoJo and BWPPI, is there any reason to NOT stay at the Best Western? We stayed in HoJo last time and loved it. The only problem was the slightly longer walk 'home' after a day in the park. I remember crossing the street saying to myself, "I wish I were staying at the Best Western".

How is the pool at the BW??

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at HOJO but just got back from BWPPI this past June and LOVED the convenience!! Seriously, with a 4 year old it was the way to go and the beds were SOOOO comfortable! A little dark in the room, well, a little, but we got back at night AND we didn't spend a lot of time in the rooms either so we didn't care!!

The pool is JUST fine!! My little one went swimming 3 times and I sat in the lounge chairs provided. From the posts about the size and location I was worried but when I got there it wasn't that bad!!

Needless to say I LOVED it there!! So convenient!!

Kelie - Thanks!

Oh, I can't decide! Too many choices. Although, I guess it is better than no choices. We adored HoJo but I will admit that last few yards to the hotel seemed quite long at the end of the day. The HoJo pool is amazing.

I called BW and they said they had micros/fridges in every room. Plus, a heated pool. The micros are a bonus as it could greatly cut down on our food costs. The BW turns out to be, roughly $100 more for 6 nights but I'm wondering if I wouldn't save that money in food costs. My girls never finish what is on their plates at restaurants and would be happy with the Chef Boyardee mini meals you can microwave.

My brain hurts from all of these decisions :earseek: :earboy2:

I know what you mean. When I was planning our June trip I was wondering up until the day we got there if I had made the right decision. And honestly it's not that bad there. The pool is NOT an oasis by any means...but it's clean and it's a place to cool off or to change up your day.

And yes there is a nice size fridge and a microwave in every room :) I also had no problem finding a wireless signal (not using the hotel's internet but just something that was in our range for checking email, etc.)

I don't think you'll be disappointed but compared to HoJo you might go back to HoJo if you really liked the freshness, decor, spaciousness. But I know that BW won't ruin your trip!!

Ilike both but prefer the HoJo. But there are factors that may make the BWPPI better for you.
I thought the room decor at BWPPI was better. The furnishings where about the same as far as comfort go. Even though we had a mini suite at BWPPI I thought HoJo rooms were more spacious. I love having a balcony at HoJo and the gorunds are spacious with all those trees. BWPPI has no grounds. Just the parking lot and building with exterior corridors.
If you don't plan to spen much time in your room (sitting on the balcony or any of that) than BWPPI is great. The location can't be beat and they have free breakfast.
I still go back to the HoJo myself but when traveling with others I know they will prefer the BWPPI for its location.

carmel said:
...between HoJo and BWPPI, is there any reason to NOT stay at the Best Western? We stayed in HoJo last time and loved it. The only problem was the slightly longer walk 'home' after a day in the park. I remember crossing the street saying to myself, "I wish I were staying at the Best Western".

How is the pool at the BW??

Thanks!
We stayed at HoJo in 2003, and BWPPI just last month. HoJo is a nicer hotel, but the walk from HoJo's took its toll. One midnight in 2003 I had to higher a taxi for $10 to give us a ride from DL to HoJo's because my kids were too tired to walk.

The rooms at BWPPI are not as nice, the single pool is much smaller and not as nice.

But the short walk from BWPPI can't be beat. We will stay at BWPPI from now on.

We enjoyed our stay at BWPPI six weeks ago.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the microwave and nice sized refridgerator were great. The pool is not Olympic size, but our kids always had plenty of room. And, like the rooms, the pool area was always clean.

The best feature is the proximity to the entrance/exit of DLR! When leaving the park it was REALLY nice having the hotel right across the street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter