If the park is really busy...

Bonnie

DIS Veteran
... what do you suggest? We're going to be there Fri-Tues and while I expect it'll be quieter on the weekdays, I imagine we might find it busier at the weekend. What would be your tips for things to do when everything has huge queues? Where are the places that stay relatively quiet? (I would've thought the less popular rides like Pinocchio, etc. but someone's trip report said it had a wait time of 50 minutes one day!)

Any tips?

It depends from day to day. Check the information board in main street for te actual queing lines.

When it's crowded in the Disneyland Park, head over to the Studios.

Or why not try out that new cozzie and go swimming - it kills a couple of hours and makes your feet feel a whole lot better!!
Do you think you could brave the train into Paris? Or the bus into Val de l'Europe for shopping, cafes and the Sea Life Centre?
Or why not try out the lake with the little boats, trampolines and of course the big panoramagique balloon.
Or, hows about my favourite, getting a long cold drink in the village and tking time out people watching.
Oh, and my other fav. of eating lunch/dinner when it gets really busy!!

I head for the railroad when the queues are bad, I have never found much of a queue there ( maybe we have been lucky ) and do a full circuit on the train. Its also a time for drinks , ice creams, and pastries , I don't need much of an excuse. If you have kids the childrens playground s are nice. They can go mad while you sit and contemplate ( or maybe not ). I'd go for the walk back to the hotel and a swim option ,I think

Thanks for Pm Bonnie,
If there's something you really want to go on go when the parades or big shows are on q will be shorter. Thursday last week was really busy and I went on RRC in Studios 6 times when Moteurs stunt show was on
We did Paris on our own on the RER railway ,it was much better and cheaper than the Cityrama tour from DLRP (that really spoilt Paris for us) we nearly didnt go back. The ladies in Tourist Information ( next to rer station are very helpful).

Berwyn

You could always wander to one of the other hotels and have a drink/coffee and soak up the atmosphere.

Reid

Thank you for your tips everyone! Much appreciated! I am going to compile a notebook today. :sunny:

You'll have to hurry Bonnie unless you can write and packat the same timeLOL

Berwyn

Hehe... my tasks for today are:

1. Write tips notebook;
2. Go out and buy supplies for packed lunch on train;
3. Lay out all of our clothes on the bed;
4. Do some last-minute washing and pray that it dries on time;
5. Check our packing list and get everything together to see if we need to rush out and buy anything!
6. PACK! But Claire will be helping with that when she gets home from work...

I'm going to have a busy day!

Cyrano said:
You could always wander to one of the other hotels and have a drink/coffee and soak up the atmosphere.

Reid
Wow, I wished Id thought of doing that...hmmm maybe I need to go back!!!
Bonnie, your trip is almost here!! Have a wonderful time and remember to pace yourself! It can get tiring on the feet - so dont forget to swim loads too!

We've never been at a really busy time before but this time we are going July when French children are on holiday but before ours break up. How busy should I expect it to be? Eg how long should I expect the queues to be for PP and Dumbo? I will try to get Fast Passes but just wondered what to expect if I can't.

If you were planning on checking out the Disney Village, that's a good thing to do if the parks are very busy. Alternatively, I like the Village at night after the parks close (it tends to stay open for a few extra hours).

If the Studios get busy, they'll bring out Fast Pass for Rock-N-Roller Coaster, which is nice.

I think it will be pretty busy Joanne - I've not been in July myself but in February last year when some French schools were on holiday (and UK ones) there were queues of 2 hours plus for rides like Dumbo & Peter Pan.

BCT said:
We did Paris on our own on the RER railway ,it was much better and cheaper than the Cityrama tour from DLRP (that really spoilt Paris for us) we nearly didnt go back. The ladies in Tourist Information ( next to rer station are very helpful).

Berwyn

Sorry to hijack this post, but please could you explain further about this? We are planning to go into Paris sightseeing for a day and DH wants to do the Cityrama tour. I would rather go in ourselves, one of the reasons being there are 5 of us and it means one of us will probably have to sit by themselves but he thinks we will not be able to see so much of Paris as a coach trip will be able to show us. Any info would be gratefully received!

In case you read this first Elaine ( and Others) I have stuck the reply on your Cutyrama tread
Berwyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter