If the closure is extended beyond 3/31, when do you think it will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why Disney would do this if they didn't think they could re-open, but mid-April seems slightly optimistic!

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/03/disney-vacation-bookings-discount-offer-kc1/

Because they want (need) the money. Give people hope, encourage them to book, get that $$$, and then when you aren't able to open, just offer the same policies as going now (rescheduling etc...). Sure, some will cancel, but most will just reschedule, therefore, they've still made money.

Literally no chance at shutting the country down for a year. We would collapse financially and emotionally. I can't see a shutdown of this level lasting over a month or we go from recession talk to depression talk. I don't think Disney will be open in a month but I do see them open by July.
I agree - that would be impossible... no way will it be a year. I have a feeling the parks will open in June. Don't know why - just my intuition. Maybe earlier, but with some restrictions and reduced offerings.

10-20% off most Sunday through Thursday night doesn't sound like a HUGE discount to me, but then again I've only been to Disneyland once, so I don't know if that's a good offer over there or not.

I will say, it is easier for them to fill up all the rooms through mid-June and cancel if needed than to be allowed to open and not have the rooms filled.

I haven't bothered to read all the posts but to give an example of how much "notice" Disney gives us I'll say this.
WDW CP's were given a 3-4 day notice about their eviction from CP housing and the end of their program.
So...if we're staying closed longer than 2 week I'd say they'd give us a similar notice.

What's more concerning to me is what's going to happen to our paychecks.
If we don't re-open after two weeks a lot of us won't have a source of income because I don't think Disney is required to pay beyond two weeks per our Union. Soooooooooooooooooo...yeah, there's that.

They will find themselves still under Governor mandates well into May and not be able to open anyway before then. Again, this will be July at the earliest
We can only guess when it will open there really no way to know.

If disney tries to open mid-April with cases still going up that would get killed in the court of public opinion.
I wonder .. they may seen as saviors - with the courage to reopen and trying to heal the country and get us back to normal.

I mean ..what more harm could come to them? They currently have closed parks, no movies, little merchandise sales ..bad press isn't going to harm them any worse than they are being harmed right now by a total lockdown.

It really depends on the PUBLIC opinion on how the virus is doing (the public opinion not what the scientists/government is telling us).

If people are seeing a handful of cases in their state or LOCAL community, people will want to get back to normal and "risk" it.

I wonder .. they may seen as saviors - with the courage to reopen and trying to heal the country and get us back to normal.

I mean ..what more harm could come to them? They currently have closed parks, no movies, little merchandise sales ..bad press isn't going to harm them any worse than they are being harmed right now by a total lockdown.

It really depends on the PUBLIC opinion on how the virus is doing (the public opinion not what the scientists/government is telling us).

If people are seeing a handful of cases in their state or LOCAL community, people will want to get back to normal and "risk" it.

Yeah, if they open against the Gov/Fed's desires (but not "mandates"), they risk all the bailout money they might possibly get in all these Covid federal bills...I'd think that's an enormous pot of money they don't want to miss...

I am hoping and praying Disney is able to open safely by June as we have a convention there June 19-23 that we have been looking forward to for a year-that being said, I hope everyone considers who the "it" is when we say ,"I'll risk it." If one infected person is in a crowd the size that comes to Disney, made up of people from EVERYWHERE, who all will be going home to likely be around someone who is in a very high risk category like my husband and I are (both over 60 with lung issues), someone will die. Likely as not someone who did not go to Disney. I have loved Disney since I first went in summer 1972, and have been back many times every chance I get since then, but I have really tried to make my priorities more altruistic in this very real crisis.

We can only guess when it will open there really no way to know.
Exactly. We need to stop with all the comments of “it’s going to be (this date) when it opens”. No one on this board, and anywhere else for that matter, has any idea. Disney knows and that’s it.

All it’s doing it creating more panic and anxiety. It’ll open when it opens, let’s leave it at that.

Disneyland has already updated many Annual Passholders passes with expiration dates one month forward. I don't forsee them opening before April 15 at the very earliest, and even that is extremely optimistic.

Plus, Disneyland was cancelling hotel reservations through April 30 by calling people who had them. So, it is unlikely that anything opens back up in April, at least in CA.

I could see them opening the HOTELS and Downtown Disney ahead of the actual parks though.

Yeah, if they open against the Gov/Fed's desires (but not "mandates"), they risk all the bailout money they might possibly get in all these Covid federal bills...I'd think that's an enormous pot of money they don't want to miss...
This will be an interesting time in our country .. how much will people/businesses push back against these mandates as time goes on? I don't see big companies doing that as much, as they are easier to "punish" by the government, but I can see local bars/restaurants saying "F it!" and just opening if they feel the consumer demand is there. What's the government going to do? Take away their business? (that may already be lost beyond repair?)

I guess it does depend on how much "free money" the government is going to try and throw at people and businesses to get them to follow their restrictions.

This will be an interesting time in our country .. how much will people/businesses push back against these mandates as time goes on? I don't see big companies doing that as much, as they are easier to "punish" by the government, but I can see local bars/restaurants saying "F it!" and just opening if they feel the consumer demand is there. What's the government going to do? Take away their business? (that may already be lost beyond repair?)

I guess it does depend on how much "free money" the government is going to try and throw at people and businesses to get them to follow their restrictions.

A province in Canada is taking legal action against anyone who doesn't comply - jail time and a fine.

Is 10-20% off the hotel good in Disneyland? I agree - there's no chance CA is gonna let this go forward, so it could be as much travel agents need the business and fronted commissions as Disney...
10 - 20% off is actually a pretty common discount that they offer out here. It's fairly insignificant. I got the email as well, but I don't think this is Disney saying they're truly desperate. If that were the case, I'd expect closer to 40%.

It does depend on the state you're in. Many have the power to legally arrest those breaking the emergency rules being put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter