If Someone Cancels a Theme park reserveation does it go back in inventory?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
I am hoping that a June 6 availability for MK will open up. Having to move stuff around due to newlywed daughter's pilot hubby, whose schedule changed.

If someone lets go of their reservation, will it go back in inventory like an ADR?

thanks!

Based on reports of people getting park reservations after the parks are shown as booked, I believe they do go back into inventory. Just keep trying!

We just do not know. When : how : or IF ot goes back to inventory.

Common sense says it does, but the other questions are not answerable.

I suggest checking the calendar as often as you can, I was able to make a park reservation for a date that was showing "yellow" previously and then changed to "green" closer to the date with the park I wanted to visit:dogdance:

I keep canceling the animal kingdom booked for that day and trying MK. It never works. But I keep trying.

This week had been all yellow for the weekdays. Not only did a few change to green, some parks that showed not available allowed me to choose and book them anyway with no issues. I have made several same day changes, too.

Funny - despite park reservations and not being able to hop til 2, we have had the most flexible trip ever! I don't think we kept any of our original dining plans, but were able to get anything and everything spur of the moment for the most part. Despite bad dining experiences at a couple of places, we are having a great trip!

Here was our experience May 5/6. We originally thought we would have to do Epcot our last day because we hadn't been able to ride Remy yet so we changed our last day the 6th to Epcot (it was the only one with availability) After we made the change we were able to ride Remy and didn't need Epcot anymore but nothing was available at our previous choice HS. About mid day on the 5th HS opened up so we were able to change.

This is slightly off topic, but my gripe is the rule for 2PM hopping. On the day we arrived, we wanted to try the booths at Epcot, but park res. wasn't available. I had to take a HS res (only park w/ availability), swipe in to HS, (get pop tarts at Woody's Lunchbox) and take boat to Epcot at 2. What a waste of a HS res.!

I had an interesting conversation which may or may not shed some light on theme park reservations/cancelations. We had to cancel our late May 4 day ticket theme park reservations (May 27-30), and we moved the tickets and theme park reservations to our trip later in the year. Even though we made the change, the old May theme park reservations were still showing up on MDE. I got worried and called after the May reservations were still showing 4 days after we cancelled. The cast-member went in and removed the May theme park reservations from showing in MDE immediately and commented that the removal would now be updated and reflected in the theme park reservation system. I was told that even if I would not have called, eventually the ticket/theme park reservation cancelation would have been processed in a larger batch with other cancelations and updated in the theme park reservation system a few days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter