If RCID is dissolved, what happens with DVC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying on a high level, and who relies on who, I think you could also argue that this is pretty undesirable swamp land without Disney. That’s why I hate to see this disagreement. They both benefit from a good relationship with the other.

The biggest issue of all this for me personally is I have experience with waiting on county projects. They take FOREVER for the simplest things. If Disney has to go through Orange county for all of it's road projects etc. things are going to take forever. It's going to put a huge strain on both Disney and Orange county (and OC residents as they will now be sharing their projects).
Idk i would think that if "projects" are affordable for the taxpayer, be it Disney or the residents, it will get done if not it won't. Also municipalities can apply for all kinds of federal/State grants for infrastructure etc, not sure that RCID was able to do that, i realize that grant money isn't "free" as taxpayers somewhere are paying for it but doubt the residents of the counties involved here (including dvc members) will be footing the entire bill for these projects.

In 2021, the 11 DVC condominium associations within RCID's jurisdiction were assessed $37,582,577 in ad valorem taxes by RCID.

In 2021, the condo associations were also assessed another $38,573,880 by six other taxing jurisdictions, including School (State), School (Local), Library, Orange County, South Florida Water Management District, and either City of Bay Lake or City of Lake Buena Vista.

Both assessment amounts were reduced by 4% because Disney paid the taxes by November 30.

I took a moment to look up the tax assessment on Bay Lake Tower. It's appraised at $322MM and Disney pays almost $9M in taxes every year for that one property alone. The RCID portion of that tax burden is 50%. Yes, fully HALF of the property taxes that Disney pays goes to RCID. That's a big hole to fill. That's a lot of infrastructure debt, maintenance, and operating expense about to land on the county.

And it could cut our tax bill in half. Thanks DeSantis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter