• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IF out of state residents can go to DL say by August...

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Do you think they'll make the announcement before they start selling tickets for that month? I have hotel reservations for the first week of August, but if it's not announced until late July that I'd be allowed to go, I'm wondering if CA residents will have bought out all the tickets available?? Ugh..I just want life at DL to be back to what it was. I NEED DL!! I miss it so much, I can't stand it! If only it was as simple as showing your name on a utility bill.:eeyore:

This is purely speculation- I think if out of state visitors are allowed in, that means the capacity will be able to increase. So once that happens, even if it was originally sold out to only CA residents, it should open up more on those dates.

I believe once Orange County is in yellow tier they will allow out of state guests. I think at this point with more and more of the population getting vaccinated, it would be hard for the state of California to stop the progress.

I believe once Orange County is in yellow tier they will allow out of state guests. I think at this point with more and more of the population getting vaccinated, it would be hard for the state of California to stop the progress.
The graphic in the link below shows that the CA residents only guideline is required through all the tiers, including yellow. If this changes, there will be an official announcement from the State of CA.

There should be a lot of people vaccinated by August..... things SHOULD look very different then. Especially with the new CDC data released today showing how incredibly effective these vaccines are at preventing infection and transmission.
I agree with the poster up top that said if out of state residents are allowed, capacity is greater. The tier system can also be updated or changed at anytime.

All we can do is speculate at this time. we are heading to a much better direction with the rate of vaccinating the population. So, it’s just a matter of time. I’m betting by Autumn, Disneyland will open.

There is a good chance they will be in Yellow by the time they open, so I personally wouldn’t count on that. The green tier was introduced and although we don’t know what it says, I would assume that is when out of state guests are allowed.

I think the wording on the California travel advisory changed slightly with the new CDC guidelines: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Travel-Advisory.aspx
It did. It dropped the 120 mile travel advisory. I wouldn’t plan on it changing anything for theme parks.

I'm booked for July, because WDW APs are still not back. I hope out of state will be allowed -- and that I'm able to get tickets!!! July seemed like it would be far enough out that things should be more normal, but now I'm thinking maybe not... So, following this thread also!

I think park ressies will be fully booked out as far as they can be for at least the first 6 months and no one knows how far out the calendar will go or how DL is going to distribute its 'buckets of reservations'.

I was able to book my WDW park ressies 10 months ahead of time but WDW is set up for people booking up to 18 months in advance so nothing surprising there. I'm hoping that onsite guests booking well in advance at DL will be able to make their park ressies as soon as they book, even if the calendar isn't open for the general public. That shouldn't be a problem since the onsite hotels will probably pull from their own 'bucket', like at WDW.

I think DL will get advance notice of when OOS (out of state) visitors will be allowed and they'll then probably 'skim off' some the available ressies and put them on hold for the OOSers.

I think DL will get advance notice of when OOS (out of state) visitors will be allowed and they'll then probably 'skim off' some the available ressies and put them on hold for the OOSers.

I hope so! I booked VGC, so I hope that's good for something!

I think park ressies will be fully booked out as far as they can be for at least the first 6 months and no one knows how far out the calendar will go or how DL is going to distribute its 'buckets of reservations'.

I was able to book my WDW park ressies 10 months ahead of time but WDW is set up for people booking up to 18 months in advance so nothing surprising there. I'm hoping that onsite guests booking well in advance at DL will be able to make their park ressies as soon as they book, even if the calendar isn't open for the general public. That shouldn't be a problem since the onsite hotels will probably pull from their own 'bucket', like at WDW.

OOS visitors being allowed will likely come with the state allowing additional capacity in theme parks. I think that will probably happen in the “green” tier. But I don’t think Disney will be holding back reservations for OOS residents, especially if reservations are “selling out” quickly. So more reservations might become available when OOS residents can go because of increased capacity, but I doubt Disney will save reservations for OOS visitors. If there are reservations set aside for anyone, I think it will be for people staying onsite.

Well, just in case, I have made reservations for the week of the 4th of July - we have a dance convention in San Diego the week prior, and it would be so convenient if we could just drive up to Anaheim and use our tickets (which we've been sitting on) then. But if we are still not welcome to ride roller coasters in the state of California because we do not live there, I can cancel my reservations without penalty as late as 7/2.

I think out of state guests will be welcome sooner than everyone thinks just because of how quickly OC is moving through the tiers.

Now they're saying once they hit this next vaccination goal they could be in the yellow. If the green tier is the one that allows out of state guests (which I think most of us here have speculated will be the case) that's not really that far off in the future if things keep going at this rate!

There is speculation that Newsom will be announcing information about the infamous green tier today. I’ll be sure to report back (or I know somebody will) if he does.

Yes please and thank you! I promised myself I wouldn't sit through any more of his news conferences after the ups and downs we went through last year. 😅

I think out of state guests will be welcome sooner than everyone thinks just because of how quickly OC is moving through the tiers.

Now they're saying once they hit this next vaccination goal they could be in the yellow. If the green tier is the one that allows out of state guests (which I think most of us here have speculated will be the case) that's not really that far off in the future if things keep going at this rate!
Yes please and thank you! I promised myself I wouldn't sit through any more of his news conferences after the ups and downs we went through last year. 😅
His news conferences are hard to sit through! I usually check the news webpage for their live updates 🤣

The 4 million vaccine in at risk zip codes is expected to be met today, changing the numbers for the tier guidelines. My county is expected to move to orange tomorrow and I believe it will move OC to yellow.

In any case, as soon as I hear anything, I’ll pass it on!

Just a reminder, it isn't Orange county that will drop the travel advisory, it is the entire state. We still have numerous problem areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter