• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If only two parks - which would you choose?

KimP5

Earning My Ears
We will be in Orlando in Mid-June for volleyball. We will probably only have time for two days at Disney. We didn't get to see much of World Showcase last December (my kid, who is obsessed with all things Japanese, would not leave the Japan store). She would like to go back to Epcot to see more World Showcase. I can't go without MK for a day, so that's likely our other park.

I'm thinking AK is always going to be the first I'd drop, and Studios seems to have an awful lot down for the new stuff going in.

Just curious about other opinions. I don't specifically know what's going on at the HS, so I could be swayed by that, depending. If you could only get in two parks, which would you choose?

Epcot and MK, in that order! Then AK, then HS. (HS has only made the cut on 2/6 trips).

My reply just parrots your preferences, BTW.
When someone says, "I want to go to MK and my daughter wants Epcot... but what would you do?"
I have to tell you to go with what YOU already said.

But...
My PERSONAL preference would be MK on one day and AK on another.
Then, on day two when AK closes, I'd hop to Epcot for IllumiNations or DHS for Fantasmic!

But, that short-circuits your daughter's Epcot preference, so it's really a moot point.

We would do MK and EPCOT. Those have been DD's 2 favorite parks since she was 2. DH and I agree with her. I'm with you, I like AK, but it would normally be the first park I would drop if I had to drop something. I suspect that DHS will be one huge construction zone next year so I'm thinking next year, that would probably be my first choice to drop even over AK.

We will be in Orlando in Mid-June for volleyball. We will probably only have time for two days at Disney. We didn't get to see much of World Showcase last December (my kid, who is obsessed with all things Japanese, would not leave the Japan store). She would like to go back to Epcot to see more World Showcase. I can't go without MK for a day, so that's likely our other park.

I'm thinking AK is always going to be the first I'd drop, and Studios seems to have an awful lot down for the new stuff going in.

Just curious about other opinions. I don't specifically know what's going on at the HS, so I could be swayed by that, depending. If you could only get in two parks, which would you choose?

Given what you've just said - I would say it needs to be EP and MK. If she wants to go to EP, then that's really your only choice ;) Unless you want to get park hoppers, then you could do a day at MK, and a day split with EP and another park.

Myself, if I only had two days, I'd get park hoppers and do a full day/evening at MK, and the day at HS and evening at EP.

Definitely Epcot and MK. I like HS but it won't be worth going to at the time with so much closed w/o replacements, and I like AK but not as much as EP/MK

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't buy a hopper for a two day trip so I'd spend one whole day at each. IMO Epcot and HS aren't worth the price of a two day ticket. They're only worth visiting if you have a four day or longer hopper.

Or, like others have said, perhaps two days at MK, but OP asked which two parks.

(And by the way, a two day visit to Disneyland and California Adventure tops any combination at WDW. :cheer2:)

Epcot and MK for your group for sure. I would normally say AK and MK but if you know you'll spend most of your time in World Showcase then Epcot makes sense.

MK is a definite for me - after that it's a tough choice. Epcot would probably be my next choice, but if my teens were with me, we might choose HS instead. AK would definitely be our last choice.

EP and MK easily. It would be hard to only have one day each at them though! Then there's a little gap, and HS is next. And that a huge gap with AK at the bottom by far. We did hit AK on our last trip and only did a half day - even though we had 8 days in the parks total.

Looks like Epcot and MK.

My reply just parrots your preferences, BTW.
When someone says, "I want to go to MK and my daughter wants Epcot... but what would you do?"
I have to tell you to go with what YOU already said.

But...
My PERSONAL preference would be MK on one day and AK on another.
Then, on day two when AK closes, I'd hop to Epcot for IllumiNations or DHS for Fantasmic!

But, that short-circuits your daughter's Epcot preference, so it's really a moot point.

Exactly this. :thumbsup2

Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are always the two parks I want to hit first when I go to WDW. No doubt which two I would do in your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter