If not Bonnet Creek then where?

sdoll

DIS Veteran
We discovered Bonnet Creek years ago and have stayed there for many Orlando vacations. With the restrictions on renting, it is looking unlikely we can rent there this summer. Where else do you recommend? I have been so spoiled with the opportunity to stay there. It is our absolute favorite place to stay. I love the grounds, the pools and lazy river, I could go on and on!!

Orange Lake is great. A couple others I would suggest are Marriott’s Grande Vista, Sheratons Vistana Villages and Resorts and Hilton Grand Vacation Clubs.

We just got back from a stay at Holiday Inn's Orange Lake and we loved it. The villas are large and the grounds are beautiful, but we didn't enjoy the drive to/from the grounds. We would stay there again, but strongly prefer being onsite like Bonnet Creek or staying DVC. I think the drive would have been better from Marriott's World Center timeshares and regret a little bit not staying there.

I will say we stayed at Floridays in November and will not be back. There are a lot of folks who love Floridays, but we found it very uncomfortable, crowded, and poorly stocked (kitchen supplies).

I’ve stayed at several Marriott properties (condos), and enjoyed Sabal Palms the best for the proximity to the parks. It’s on by Marriott’s World Center. Matter of fact, going to stay there again this spring. Got a good elite member rate for a cash stay booked direct from Marriott.

There are so many timeshare options in Orlando, it is hard to say which one. Marriott's Royal, Imperial and Sabal Palms are onsite with the Orlando World Center Marriott hotel. They are set to open a new waterpark area at the hotel early this year. Not sure if Palms guests will be able to us it or if there will be additional fees, but it looks like it will be pretty great!

We have stayed the last two times at Reunion Resort. You get three bedrooms and a water park but it is a longer drive to the parks.

Marriott's World Center is a great place either in the hotel or in 1 of the timeshares there. They have a great pool at the hotel and a nice one at the timeshares. Great restaurants and also transportation to and from the parks if you want to use it.

We are in the same boat of looking Bonnet Creek but not finding much availability. We are staying this weekend at Magic Village Views. I will be sure to post a review. We have stayed at Marriott Sabal Palms before and it was great!

Marriott's World Center is a great place either in the hotel or in 1 of the timeshares there. They have a great pool at the hotel and a nice one at the timeshares. Great restaurants and also transportation to and from the parks if you want to use it.
Is transportation also available for Sabal Palms guests?

Is transportation also available for Sabal Palms guests?
No, but it’s so close that an Uber or Lyft would be not that much. They did in the past have some transportation (IIRC) from World Center, but for the price and convenience, I’d just do Uber. We had a car when we stayed so never bothered, but it was like 5 minutes to the Boardwalk for reference. Super close. Sabal was a short walk to the World Center. I loved it.

We have never stayed at Bonnet Creek, but have stayed at and enjoyed the following other timeshare properties (so many great ones in Orlando IMHO). We do a lot of owner rentals on Redweek.com and TUG2.net. Also, my parents have a one week a year timeshare in Sedona, AZ that they bought on the resale market and have on occasion traded for one or two weeks at an Orlando timeshare.

Fairly close to Disney: Sheraton Vistana Resort, Cypress Point, Cypress Pointe Grand Villas, Orange Lake, Sabal Palms
Walking Distance to SeaWorld: Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld
Very close to Universal: Sunshine Resort

Honestly I really enjoyed our stay at all of these and have stayed at several of these multiple times.

We don't care if the resort has a lazy river and other waterpark features. A nice pool / hot tub works for us, but FYI (and I believe some other posters have mentioned this timeshare resort at least), the River Island area of Orange Lake has lots of waterpark like amenities if that is important to you. We like to change it up on visits to Orlando. We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in March 2022. My last trip to Orlando was Christmas Dec. 2019 and we stayed at Cypress Pointe.

Last edited:
We discovered Bonnet Creek years ago and have stayed there for many Orlando vacations. With the restrictions on renting, it is looking unlikely we can rent there this summer. Where else do you recommend? I have been so spoiled with the opportunity to stay there. It is our absolute favorite place to stay. I love the grounds, the pools and lazy river, I could go on and on!!
We had an absolute blast at Sheraton Vistana over Christmas.

There are so many timeshare options in Orlando, it is hard to say which one. Marriott's Royal, Imperial and Sabal Palms are onsite with the Orlando World Center Marriott hotel. They are set to open a new waterpark area at the hotel early this year. Not sure if Palms guests will be able to us it or if there will be additional fees, but it looks like it will be pretty great!
I deleted my first response because I misread your post. I thought only Sabal Palms was excluded, but now I see your response included all the Palms. I hope to get a chance to stay at one of the Marriotts soon.

Last edited:
We are in the same boat of looking Bonnet Creek but not finding much availability. We are staying this weekend at Magic Village Views. I will be sure to post a review. We have stayed at Marriott Sabal Palms before and it was great!

We are staying at Magic Village Views at the end of Feb, and would love to hear your review!

Thank you for all the great responses. I was fortunate and rent from the same guy frequently and he had a guest pass available. So we will be headed back to Bonnet Creek in June. I think the days of getting steals renting from owners are gone. Hopefully it's temporary.

we have stayed at Bonnet Creek our last 10 trips. Unfortunately our trip this year falls on one of the black out weeks. after alot of research we booked Wyndham Star Island. Star Island is just 4 miles from Magic Kingdom much better than Reunion (which was our 2nd choice). You can get the best rates booking directly from their website than you can thru any agent or timeshare broker. We will miss Bonnet Creek but I am looking forward to trying something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter