If I was to buy DVC contract direct today when would I get my first deposit of usable points? And can you borrow from the next year right away?

Soulshift

Earning My Ears
I have no clue when direct contract points become available and if you can borrow right away. Thanks!

A direct contract would come with current UY points that could be used to book with right away. Borrowing is currently capped at 50% but they could be borrowed right away as well.

I have no clue when direct contract points become available and if you can borrow right away. Thanks!
You usually get your points in 48 hours if I remember correctly. And right now you can only borrow 50% of the points from following year. However if you were to buy direct this month and got an April UY you would get 2020 points that could be banked into 2021 by Disney as a courtesy so you would have extra points an wouldn’t have to maybe borrow. A March or February UY would only come with 2021 points.

When we bought our direct points several years ago the points were loaded into our membership in just a couple of days. As far as borrowing goes please bear in mind that at the present time you can only borrow 50% of your next years points.

I bought another contract direct in Sept - points loaded same day.

Make sure you do your research before buying, about all the resorts & point charts, you don't have to buy Riviera or Aluani. Also, you might want to consider resale contracts depending on the amount of points you need. You should also make sure you understand what UY (Use Year) means along with a lot of the other DVC nomenclature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter