If i made the reservation do i need to show up?

33Legend

Mouseketeer
Question about dining reservations:

Let's say I make a dining reservation for 6 people at a table service restaurant. Am I required to be there at check-in or if the others are linked to the reservation can they check in?

I've been doing the planning and all the reservations. I'm making some for other parts of our group that my family wont attend.

Any knowledge about this would be helpful. Thanks!

If the reservation is under your name, just make sure that is the name that is given to the host/hostess at check-in. As PP noted, make sure someone shows up or you will be charged a no-show fee. You can also make the reservation under someone else's name even if you are making it through your MDE account. I would consider doing that and also placing a different credit card as the hold if you are not personally attending the meal.

A few things.... the only exception I've seen is at BOG where they actually have scanned my magic band to verify our ADR before sending us down the bridge. We've also had our band scanned at the Poly guard shack either to verify our ADR or just for ID purposes. I'm not sure which.
You also have the ability in MDE to put or move the reservation in another person's name who is connected to your MDE.
You also can "assign" spaces in your MDE for ADR's. Meaning... when you make the ADR you can click through a drop down list for guests. So if you make a reservation for 4, it will ask you who the other three people are by displaying a drop down where you can pick from the people connected to your ADR.

As others have said, generally speaking you do not need to be there and the others in your party would just use your name at the podium. The poster above makes a good point about a resort reservation if driving and stopping at the guard shack they do want an ID and sometimes look for your name on a reservation list.

One other thing to keep in mind is that having a reservation under your name that you and your family don't intend to attend will preclude you from making another reservation for yourself within that general timeframe (think it is +/- 1 hr).

Unlike cheers. No one needs to know your name. Just give the name under the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter