If I had the money...

And yet it’s the most sensible advice you’ll ever receive!

Feel free to PayPal me $53.45 for the benefits this advice grants you.
I mean the weird obscure picture of some unknown cartoon. I don't get it.

And it doesn't matter what the quantity it is defined as, I would want to spend it on a home that I currently do not have.

I would buy a house where I don't have to use the stairs...buy a laundry folding machine(that I don't think exists lol)...get my little dude a dog...volunteer as a buddy for elderly dogs...travel(wherever I wanted to) ...and never miss another moment with my family because of "work" 🥰

I would set up a home that gives respite to parents of medically fragile children. Adequate nursing, doctor on staff 24/7, oxygen and wall suction in every room. Parents only need to provide the child’s devices such as ventilators etc, formula (if required) needed for length of stay. There would be various activities to stimulate and entertain the children.

I'd have my own little house, probably in Wildwood where I spent my childhood summers. I would be able to decorate it exactly how I wished and have a dedicated room just for craft supplies. I would get a cat. Always wanted a cat. I'm not ostentatious or high maintenance, I would just like my own place and enough time to do as I pleased.

If I had the money, I’d throw an authentic 18th century ball for charity that would make the Palace of Versailles’s look small and cheap. 😁

Oooh, can I come? I love fancy balls, and I'm always up for 18th century anything!

I would travel the world and see everything humanly possible.

I would so love to do this. Possibly with long stretches on cruise ships to take a break from the constant packing and unpacking.

There was no definition of how much money "the money" is. I could move to a fancy apartment in a fancy city for a lot less money than I can completely quit working for.

If I had the money, I would buy a house to live in.
You don't need any money to quit working. Just ask Lawrence from office space.

If I had the money ...

My personal life wouldn't change much but I would make it a priority to change the lives of as many other people the money would allow me to reach out to.

There are several actually in the USA already (just none close by me). Most have been suspended though due to Covid risks (I really want Covid and Monkey pox to just go away already :sad2:).

Some examples:

https://www.barracks.org/colonial-ball.html

http://williamsburgheritagedancers.org/special-events/george-washington-ball/

England does a nice one in Bath:

Versailles actually does two. A costume party and a grand masquerade ball that requires authentic costumes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pl7fmP_tLw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_BG7Z1zpZgE

Last edited:
There are several actually in the USA already (just none close by me). Most have been suspended though due to Covid risks (I really want Covid and Monkey pox to just go away already :sad2:).

Some examples:

https://www.barracks.org/colonial-ball.html

http://williamsburgheritagedancers.org/special-events/george-washington-ball/

England does a nice one in Bath:

How cool! The best ball I've ever been to was the last Vampire Lestat coven ball that Anne Rice hosted here in New Orleans. She made a grand entrance with a whole second line parade, everyone looked so amazing, all kinds of special bands and performers....just a really great night. And she made a whole weekend of it, so I actually got to meet her at a Q&A she and her son Christopher did the night before.

Vampire Ball Photo Shoot.jpg

With Anne Rice.jpg

The thing is, working from Spain isn't quite pie in the sky. Property prices are fairly low, many of the Urbanizaitons are actually very picturesque and you can get by on fairly little money. Thing is, you need the original cash injection to BUY the flat and you need to demonstrate satisfactory earnings to stay there. There IS now legislation saying you can stay for extreme ended periods of of time whilst working, mainly targeted at the UK what with Brexit and all, so that makes it more of a reality :)

How cool! The best ball I've ever been to was the last Vampire Lestat coven ball that Anne Rice hosted here in New Orleans. She made a grand entrance with a whole second line parade, everyone looked so amazing, all kinds of special bands and performers....just a really great night. And she made a whole weekend of it, so I actually got to meet her at a Q&A she and her son Christopher did the night before.

View attachment 691958

View attachment 691959
New Orleans is known for carnival balls right? Would they not have 18th century reenactment balls sponsored by their historical societies? If not, you could probably suggest the idea to your local historical society. It would not take much for NOLA to throw a great one. Easy money for NOLA tbh.

The thing is, working from Spain isn't quite pie in the sky. Property prices are fairly low, many of the Urbanizaitons are actually very picturesque and you can get by on fairly little money. Thing is, you need the original cash injection to BUY the flat and you need to demonstrate satisfactory earnings to stay there. There IS now legislation saying you can stay for extreme ended periods of of time whilst working, mainly targeted at the UK what with Brexit and all, so that makes it more of a reality :)
Is Portugal cheaper?

New Orleans is known for carnival balls right? Would they not have 18th century reenactment balls sponsored by their historical societies? If not, you could probably suggest the idea to your local historical society. It would not take much for NOLA to throw a great one. Easy money for NOLA tbh.
They actually don't, at least not that I've heard of. Probably because the Carnival balls and debutante balls take up so much of the time and money. But, if Covid and monkeypox ever go away, I'll be hosting my own 19th century ball of sorts. I'm director for an interactive theater experience that debuted a few years ago at Orlando Fringe called New Orleans: The Beginnings, which is a historical fiction set in the 1840s. We were about to open an expanded version here in NOLA when Covid hit, which includes a ball scene. Not sure what you know about interactive theater, but it's where the audience is actually part of the show, living the experiences and deciding how things go each night. Hoping we'll actually be able to get back to it someday...

They actually don't, at least not that I've heard of. Probably because the Carnival balls and debutante balls take up so much of the time and money. But, if Covid and monkeypox ever go away, I'll be hosting my own 19th century ball of sorts. I'm director for an interactive theater experience that debuted a few years ago at Orlando Fringe called New Orleans: The Beginnings, which is a historical fiction set in the 1840s. We were about to open an expanded version here in NOLA when Covid hit, which includes a ball scene. Not sure what you know about interactive theater, but it's where the audience is actually part of the show, living the experiences and deciding how things go each night. Hoping we'll actually be able to get back to it someday...
That sounds really cool. When the NOLA USL team comes to the city in 2025, you could invite some of the team to participate. That may make your show become more popular and gain more recognition. Supporter groups often try things that their teams participate in, so your revenue may increase if they give it a chance. Just a thought. :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter