If I didn't know better I'd swear I was in Florida!

DisnyMama

<font color=blue>Can't keep my hands off of Pete's
My DS and I are spending a few days at the Disneyland resort before we head to Texas to our new home in McKinney. Today at Disneyland was so humid it literally felt like a day at WDW in the summer to me. I have spent many days at DL in the summer and it never felt like this, but I know, I know- a day at Disneyland regardless of the weather is better than a day anywhere else. Oh,also- we had lunch at the Blue Bayou and they let you keep the menus that commemorate the Pirates of the Carribean Movie. They're really cool and a great keepsake. pirate:

It totally felt like Florida here on Sunday. It was hot and the air was thick. And before I knew it, it was pouring rain. And it was soooooo hot. UGH! Told my mother and the sweetpea to throw on their ponchos, sit in the back yard and get used to it. Thats what we will be dealing with when we head to WDW. The humidity is killing us around here though. So not used to it. ICK!

:sad2: well in Boston the same thing, you can cut the humidity with a knife, in the 90s and just a day that :sad2: makes people cranky not to mention a bad hair day :sad2:

I was in Orlando in April this year, and the humidity was awful. I hate to think of DL being like that too!

Thankfully, it's cooling off this week. :thumbsup2

My DD10, DW, and I were at there last Saturday and Sunday. It was so hot Saturday that the park was totally sold out of those mister/spray bottle fans! We searched all over the place for them. Then Sunday with the rain (which of course we did not expect in CA in July) the humidity just soared! One of the monorail CM's even jokingly welcomed us to Disney World due to the humidity! :rotfl:

DisnyMama said:
My DS and I are spending a few days at the Disneyland resort before we head to Texas to our new home in McKinney. Today at Disneyland was so humid it literally felt like a day at WDW in the summer to me. I have spent many days at DL in the summer and it never felt like this, but I know, I know- a day at Disneyland regardless of the weather is better than a day anywhere else. Oh,also- we had lunch at the Blue Bayou and they let you keep the menus that commemorate the Pirates of the Carribean Movie. They're really cool and a great keepsake. pirate:

Welcome to McKinney! We were in DL exactly one month ago today and although it was in the low 90's there at the time it was a nice relief for us as we had at that point 14 straight days above 100. Upon our return home we managed to make it up to about 110 degrees before a rare rain shower a few weeks ago. That was the first rain in 3 months (really) and we haven't had a drop since. Forecast for the next 7 days.......100+ and no chance of rain. We're feeling almost like Phoenix at this point! But, aside from the heat, you should love McKinney.

We also got those BB menus. Pretty cool.

I was at DCA and DL a couple weeks ago and it was HOT and humid! Blech! I felt so sticky and gross and you could literally see guests in the park melting from the heat. I've lived in So Cal. my whole life and this summer has been the worst weather ever! :guilty:

The sweetpea and I agreed on something the other day.....it was as hot as an armpit.

Yes, our weather has been like Florida lately without the benefit of being at WDW and the water parks! Luckily, our weather is changing, we are finally cooling down though we still have higher humidity than normal.

This is so not the normal weather for us. The usual cool down at night has been sorely missed by those of us who live here. We don't normally have to use our a/c during the night but over the last month we have used it almost every night! Our electric bills have been huge! :sad2:

We so welcome the cool down! :cloud9:

Thanks Nostalgicdad for the welcome to McKinney! We left Disneyland today and of course it cooled down-we are on our way to TX and are staying the night in Buckeye, AZ where it is cold :rotfl: (100 degrees compared to 119 a couple weeks ago when we passed through). I miss Disneyland already but we will be in WDW in October for MNSSHP for the 1st time and the Food and wine festival. :banana:

We just got home last night from a week in S. California and I was exhausted by the time it was over. We spent the first couple of days in a lovely B & B down towards San Diego but it didn't have A/C and even with fans, didn't cool down enough at night. Then we spent another 5 nights up in Anaheim where we had nice cold A/C at the HoJo but I was melting in the parks. I also got a bad case of the Disney rash on my lower legs which I usually only get in Florida's summers. We were in S. California last summer, same time, and I loved it but this summer was too hot and humid for me to really enjoy it to the same degree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter