If I can’t ride Disney’s Star Tours, what can’t I ride at Universal

dskib

DIS Veteran
I'm SO worried about the universal rides. I’ve read and read about the potential motion sickness rides, but it’s hard to really understand without going on them.

At Disney, I LOVE Soarin. But I can’t do rides like Star Tours. Something about the screen combined with jerky motion of the seating. A smooth glide like Soarin is fine. And definitely not the Orange Mission Space or teacups. Honestly, everything else is fine.

Realistically, knowing that rides like Star Tours are my kryptonite, what should I avoid at Universal?

Thanks!

You sound exactly like me. I CANNOT do Star Tours, no matter what. However, while at Universal, I take a less drowsy dramamine or bonine before I go to bed and I can ride everything the following day. I make sure not to ride the simulators back to back, and without doing that I have no issues....even in the heat.

To be cautious, I would avoid the Simpsons. It is the worst at the parks.

I agree 100% with Damo...Bonine is the way to go! I can't do Star Tours or Mission Space (either version) without having taken Bonine first. Took it on our last trip and did Star Tours fine (wouldn't even consider trying Mission Space again). The only ride at Universal that I won't ever do again is Simpsons. That one did me in, even with Bonine.

My DH cannot do Star Tours or teacups but is fine with Soarin. He did not try FOP but I’m sure it would make him sick. He tried Forbidden Journey once and was sick. He avoids all the virtual reality rides like Transformers and Spider-Man. No way he could do Simpson’s. It all depends on how sensitive you are to the motion.

I'm SO worried about the universal rides. I’ve read and read about the potential motion sickness rides, but it’s hard to really understand without going on them.

At Disney, I LOVE Soarin. But I can’t do rides like Star Tours. Something about the screen combined with jerky motion of the seating. A smooth glide like Soarin is fine. And definitely not the Orange Mission Space or teacups. Honestly, everything else is fine.

Realistically, knowing that rides like Star Tours are my kryptonite, what should I avoid at Universal?

Thanks!
I think you would be fine on a ride like Spider-Man since the vehicle is actually moving vs Simpsons which is stationary. I have never had an issue on any ride but Simpsons get me everytime. Minyon Mahem might also be a tough one for you. I've never done the Jimmy Fallon ride. I like the other posters suggestion of Bonine too!

I also can do Soarin, but not Star Tours. We are at Universal now and I have struggled with a lot of the rides. I have been taking the non drowsy Dramamine, but have found it doesn’t help as much as I was hoping. I did Forbidden journey, but had to close my eyes a lot during it and felt sick after. I also did not do well with Spider-Man, Race through New York and fast and the furious. I did not attempt the Simpsons or minion mayhem. I was able to do the hulk once and the mummy a few times, just spaced them out a bit. I also did well on Escape from gringotts, the hippogriff and Kong. For me , Universal just has too many simulator rides.

Worst of the lot are simpsons and forbidden journey I think. I love both but they make me woozy. I can't bear star tours (something about how hot it is, plus the way it moves) and I'm not particularly prone to motion sickness.

Despicable me ride. You think Star Tours is rough man despicable me. I rode it once and I was done.

Simpson's is really rough, I don't suffer from motion sickness but this one throws you around a lot. Forbidden Journey is smooth but the 1st time I rode it even I felt sick at the end. The second time I tried it was much better - not sure why. I haven't been on Gringotts yet so I can't comment on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter