If I book now what are my chances of getting a free dining pin code

tink's girls

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! My family decided for sure today that we are going to head to WDW in June (8th - 12th). I know there is a discount now for a percentage off of the room and discounted tickets if we buy 4 or more days. I am thankful for those discounts:) but my husband LOVES free dining. Last year we got a pin code in the mail for free dining that went through mid June but unfortunately we couldn't go last year. :mad: So what I am wondering is if I go ahead and book now with the current discount does that decrease my chances of getting the free dining pin code (assuming disney even sends any out this year). I am not trying to be greedy, just trying to stretch the money we have to spend. Any and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks so much!:goodvibes

We have already booked and will be coming in on June 8th also. I am wondering the same thing! I love that we got a discount on our resort but that would be a wonderful bonus! :yay:

The only time we've ever received a pin is after we had already booked. I honestly don't think it will affect your chances at all. There is a limited number of rooms available at each resort with the various promotions. I would go ahead and book now to ensure you get the current promotional discount at the resort you prefer. Then, if you receive a pin, you can always change. You can cancel the old discount code and apply the free dining pin. At least then you'll be safe if you book now rather than waiting and may miss out on getting a discount at all. If you do receive a pin code for free dining, you can't combine it with the current promotional discount of the % off room and tickets. Disney won't let you stack codes/discounts, so you'd want to go with your best money saver (probably dining).

Got my free dining pin after I had booked. I dragged my feet paying...nothing after the initial deposit. Called back at 45 days out to pay and voila, the pin was there.

I think you should book now to ensure you get what you need/want.

You also may want to call and see if a pin code is already attached to your name. Sometimes you have a pin and you don't even know it!

I think you should book now to ensure you get what you need/want.

I second this. If you are going regardless, I would book now to make sure you get what you want and then change later if a discount/pin comes out that is a better deal that you can use.

You also may want to call and see if a pin code is already attached to your name. Sometimes you have a pin and you don't even know it!

I agree. Sometimes pin codes are attached to your name without you getting an email or post card in the mail.

We have already booked and will be coming in on June 8th also. I am wondering the same thing! I love that we got a discount on our resort but that would be a wonderful bonus! :yay:

Just FYI, you can't stack discounts. If you have a room discount, you would have to give that up and pay rack rate for the room to get "free" dining.

I'm also counting down to June, can't wait! :cheer2:

I just wanted to add that while I have heard of folks receiving pin codes after they had a vac. booked - we never have. We've been lucky to receive pin codes for the last few years but of all the pin codes we've ever received, we always received before we booked....I have never once received a pin code after I had a reservation. I definitely agree with others, book what you want now to ensure you get what you want and I wish you luck in receiving the FD pin code you hope for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter