If I book and need to borrow...what if I cancel or use less points?

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
If I book our rooms out for next year, at present, i would have to borrow a few points from the next year to cover all of the stay. I am hoping that at the 7 month window to possibly try to get into the BWV-Standard View for a few nights to save some points and split up the stay with VWL. So what happens if I book now at the 11 month window, which would mean i need to borrow from the next year, and then we do get into the BWV which uses less points. What happens to the borrowed points?? Do they just go back like we never used them, or once we touch them, do we have to use them??

My other thought is if we have to use them once we touch them, we are planning on just banking whatever is left over, since when we go, it will be the 6 months window from our use year. Hope i didnt cofuse everyone.....still trying to figure it all out.

Borrowed points may NOT be returned to their original use year. If you end up usuing fewer points at 7 months, you can use the borrowed points for the new ressie and bank any curent points to use next year.

Using points at non-home resorts does involve some planning, but can be a great way to maximize your points.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter