• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If DCL cancels....

@FigmentSpark
I feel so bad for you! I was really hoping they'd let the Friday and Saturday sailings get underway and then shut down so that people would have time to be notified before traveling. And so awful to find out through media/boards vs from Disney.
:grouphug:

same here... in a hotel in Georgia

The tweet says departures beginning Saturday, March 14 through the end of the month. I'm sure you will not be boarding on Saturday and I wouldn't cancel with Costco tonight. You will have tomorrow to reach someone.

So sorry that you are going through this.

I'm sure you'll hear something official but this decisions affects thousands. There's only so many people they can contact at a time.

I saw somewhere else that they were closing down their call center until tomorrow. I saw this on the interwebs and it's guaranteed as true as anything. But I wouldn't be surprised, those people have to be like the walking dead by now.

I'm trying to find if any of these sources have any confirmation from Disney. If I find out anything, I will post it here.

If it was true, all they'd have to do is update their notice on their website. A better thing would be to code in to put a note on everyone's resrevation. An email would be nice, but at least the official notice would be updated.

Also, nothing on the WDW site about any closures.

If it was true, all they'd have to do is update their notice on their website. A better thing would be to code in to put a note on everyone's resrevation. An email would be nice, but at least the official notice would be updated.

Also, nothing on the WDW site about any closures.

Exactly.

I first saw the tweet on Scott's blog (disneycruiselineblog.com) so I've reached out to him to find out if he confirmed it before he posted the notice.

Give them time; the cancellation occurred two hours ago. I'd rather have them announce it the way they did sooner and then figure out the details afterwards, as opposed to waiting until tomorrow to announce it with everything figured out.

That’s because you don’t have 6:30 am flight to Miami - and now the call centers are all closed. Somehow I suspect we won’t be able to get that flight refunded if we are no-shows due to DCLs spectacularly crappy timing.

Give them time; the cancellation occurred two hours ago. I'd rather have them announce it the way they did sooner and then figure out the details afterwards, as opposed to waiting until tomorrow to announce it with everything figured out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter