If Coronavirus hadn't been a thing in the last 5 months , what would you have done?

We would have gone to Aulani for spring break.

I would have gone to Tokyo Disneyland in May.

My husband and I would have celebrated our anniversary in Vegas.

I would have gone to Chicago for the first time to see a concert with my best friend who lives there in August.

My 8th grader would have had a normal middle school graduation and end of the year trip.

Hmm, well, a lot of aspects of my life would be the same but I wouldn't have had to miss out on certain events.

• Visiting my family in New York and meeting my twin niece and nephew for the first time ever.
  • Celebrating my cousin's 10th year anniversary with his wife and seeing two of my fav nieces (along with most of the family that I haven't seen in a while).
  • Our friends were supposed to get married and my husband was the best man. They've postponed that.
  • Planning the yearly Halloween trip with my friends to Disneyland and taking along my son for the first time ever.
  • Continued visits to the Mom Support Group and watching my son grow up and get to know the other babies in the group.
  • Getting to go anywhere with my son. Continuing on that notion, missing out on a lot of outdoor firsts for him.

I work from home though I'm still on leave, so that would have remained the same.

I would have gone to work instead of working from home, attended several horse shows, visited friends at the beach, gone to a comedy show, probably have gone to several concerts, out to eat, visited my SIL, attended my niece's wedding (which would have been yesterday) and gone to WDW. Also, we would have known for sure that DD's wedding will happen in October.

We’re local to WDW so we would have spent a ton of time at the parks, especially the water parks. Last summer we were at the water parks like 4 times a week. After work we’d just head over for a few hours.

My kids have missed everything they were hoping to do last spring and now summer. No Rec. sports. No camps. No big Scouting trips. No goodbyes to their school friends. No dance recitals. No big summer parties. No amusement park trips.

They don't understand. They cry.

Missed: Didn't work all summer and DH worked from home, cancelled Disneyland trip for Thanksgiving and now am wondering if I'll build up more DVC points than we can use, not going on a cruise this fall, husband attended a conference last week over zoom (usually we go together on work trips), no dining out or takeout since end of February, no big family dinners indoors, no sewing/quilting classes

Gained: Got two kittens instead of a summer vacation, learned how to cook fried chicken and Thai food really well compared to before, started a garden, watched a lot more TV than I usually do

- I would have seen several musicals (I had tickets to 9 shows that were cancelled and a couple of others I had planned to book).
- I would have sat my driving test. With the backlog I imagine that won't be until next year.
- While I would still have bought a car, it either would have been a cheaper one than I got or I would have taken out a car loan (as I had all my theatre ticket money!).

- Gone to a family wedding on DH's side at the Jersey shore in June . Postponed the end of April until 2021
- A day of dress shopping with my Sis & her daughter for above wedding. We were going to go over her Spring break in late March but nothing was open.
- Not cancel our fall vacation to WDW. Haven't done it yet but based on the closures & the state of Covid-19 in the country we are 90+% certain we are not going this year.
- Taken some day trips we were planning now that we are both retired.
- Long weekend visit to the Jersey shorein March. We were going stay at The Borgota in AC during the opening days of the NCAA Basketball Tournament for a night or 2 & then go to Avalon, Stone Harbor or Cape May for 2 more nights.

First a good change - I have a nice size Trex deck on the back of my house that we finally put up (although not finished yet due to railing on backorder) but we otherwise would not have done because we are on the go so much.

Ours started right away - 3 cancelled dance comps for DD, one which included an extended weekend at Kalahari for spring break then to come home to see the Lion King off Broadway show in town
No birthday parties for my 2
missed on Nephew's final track season and graduation
DD didn't have her honor's banquet
We missed what may have been DD's last American Girl tea party (not sure if she will still want to go next year at 13, I've been lucky so far she still enjoys it)
DS didn't have his farewell to elementary school.
We didn't get to surprise my brother and his family by stopping at Universal when they had planned to be there.
We would have went fishing at our place in the Florida Keys
We would have gone somewhere over the 4th - possibly King's Island or or Carowinds or Hershey (we were still deciding when everything hit)
We would have been spending almost every weekend at Cedar Point when DS didn't have a day with baseball games (Thankfully he at least had a short rec season of 7 games he got to play).
DS and I would have been heading to Boy Scout camp next week

BUT we did gain a lot of time together. we have slowed down our pace and instead of constantly being on the go we are home on our deck and cooking on the grill or on the new fire pit we also put in. WE have managed to get alot of things done around the house and property that we normally may have not taken the time to

- Would have seen Harry Potter on Broadways for wife's b-day
- Postponed Best Friend's Wedding (trying again in October, not confident)
- Would have seen Aerosmith in Fenway Park
- Should be planning annual charity gaming marathon in November
- Would have more hair as I've lost what little i have left worrying about our Disney trip in April '21

Would have had one full family WDW vacation, one with just wife and I for Anniversary, and four long weekends in WDW with friends or solo. I'm jonesin' pretty bad here.

I would've gone to Disney World in March and would now be planning a trip somewhere in Europe in the fall.
My work used to be very against working from home, so that's one nice change. I'm still working from home three days a week.

Would have worked at work everyday.

I've had 5 trips canceled so far (2 WDW trips, 2 trips to watch baseball, and a family wedding).

I also would have continued my weekly Disneyland visits.

DH and I would have been both working an easy part time job that paid well.
DD would have had a real Grad school graduation and dinner. She would have also been at school from March to May with many more opportunities to help her get a job in her field, which is higher education administration, so the virus hasn't helped that. She has instead been at home since March with little help for her job search. Of course, we love having her home, but she's 24, it's time for her to be moving on to bigger and better things.
There would still be 3 people working in my office instead of 2. The 3rd was working at home and got an attitude about coming into the office to help and is now in a whole other department with no replacement for her in my office, but still the same amount of work....not fun!
Luckily, we got to take a small vacation and did get a week at the beach and we have been able to get out more than most. It's still been super hard and I just want to go back to normal!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter