If booked originally on deck 2 & 5? Were you moved?

I have been on 5 Transatlantics. - 3 EB and 2 WB. While each is different, none were bad and most were extremely smooth. We had a WBTA that was so smooth there was never a bump and an EBTA that had about 2 days of moderate roll. Those were the extremes. The ship is not moving fast during these cruises and the captain can alter routes to find good weather.

I am very prone to seasickness and taking bonine during the rolling times worked. And a verandah helps greatly for fresh air and views.

I would like to know:
Ship?
Original deck or cabin number?
New deck and cabin
How far in advance did you book your cruise?
How far in advance did you get word of the change?

Also let’s see about Tweaked:
If you stayed on your original deck but had been tweaked a few rooms.
How far were you moved?
How far in advance did you find out your cabin changed?

So I started this thread and our social media page went a little crazy with state room changes today for the EBTA.
I and many from our group were tweaked:
•Magic
•2020 former room
•2058 new room.
•Silver Day booking.
•36 days prior to sail date change occurred.

Looks like 5 families have been moved down the hall. But most on Deck 6, 5 and 2.

We were on the fantasy 4 weeks ago. We were aft deck 9 and yes on deck 5 it was closed, only one side. Get turned around coming down the stairs so forget which side. The doors were closed and the sign said restricted.

Any recent reports of room changes? We are now PIF for Alaska and booked deck 2, so curious to see what’s happening with others right now.

They have started putting people back on Deck 2 when assigning GTY rooms. I haven't heard if anyone has actually sailed there, but it appears they are no longer required to move you to a new room to quarantine. With that change the need for a separate deck is gone so if no other changes I'd expect you would be sailing in deck 2.

So I’m on the wonder Hawaiian cruise- some people who had rooms booked on deck 2 either aft or fwd were removed to midship. I was GTY 9C which I believe is deck 2 and technically got upgraded to 9A on deck five

The Magic has moved every passenger from the front of the ship to mid sections on deck 2.
We have also had people move from deck 8 to deck 5.
And yet another group of people have been moved a few rooms down on deck 6.
They were told deck two was Remodling??? Seems unlikely since they all got out of dry dock just a year ago. But on a 13 day cruise I suspect they’re going to use that for people who get Covid on such a long cruise. Pretty sure Hawaii is going to keep testing, they have been the most cautious of any of the states. So visitors from the ship will have to help comply with that I’m thinking.
They have started putting people back on Deck 2 when assigning GTY rooms. I haven't heard if anyone has actually sailed there, but it appears they are no longer required to move you to a new room to quarantine. With that change the need for a separate deck is gone so if no other changes I'd expect you would be sailing in deck 2.
Well I was on the fantasy in January I was told the deck 5 in the back was being used for new employees, construction, and Covid.

wow, I hadn’t seen any post about this.
It's a FB thread of people that were on this week's Fantasy that returns today. They were also saying that several kids in Edge we're complaining of sore throats

I would like to know:
Ship?
Original deck or cabin number?
New deck and cabin
How far in advance did you book your cruise?
How far in advance did you get word of the change?

Also let’s see about Tweaked:
If you stayed on your original deck but had been tweaked a few rooms.
How far were you moved?
How far in advance did you find out your cabin changed?

This is trying to figure out cabin changes after the start of Covid.
We sailed on Fantasy end of March into beginning of April. Our room was 5520. We were not moved and it was a huge room. We were booked over a year in advance. We are booked on Deck 5 on the Fantasy for April 2023 as well. Those large rooms for 7 night sailings is awesome. Def recommend.

We sailed on Fantasy end of March into beginning of April. Our room was 5520. We were not moved and it was a huge room. We were booked over a year in advance. We are booked on Deck 5 on the Fantasy for April 2023 as well. Those large rooms for 7 night sailings is awesome. Def recommend.
Awesome! We are booked in 5520 for the 9-night Southern on the Fantasy in July. Can't wait!

Awesome! We are booked in 5520 for the 9-night Southern on the Fantasy in July. Can't wait!
It was a wonderfully room! Melanie was our room steward and she was lovely! Things can get a tad noisy when docking - but nothing we couldn’t get over. Decent views and amazing access to Vibe! We are booked on 5020 Spring 2023, we couldn’t get the same stateroom. We’ve also stayed in 9646 (verandah) on the Dream. Wonderful location as you can see the fireworks from your verandah! Enjoy your trip in July!

It was a wonderfully room! Melanie was our room steward and she was lovely! Things can get a tad noisy when docking - but nothing we couldn’t get over. Decent views and amazing access to Vibe! We are booked on 5020 Spring 2023, we couldn’t get the same stateroom. We’ve also stayed in 9646 (verandah) on the Dream. Wonderful location as you can see the fireworks from your verandah! Enjoy your trip in July!
Oh good! My daughter will have just turned 14 when we sail so it will be her first time in Vibe. She's a little nervous about it so she'll probably mostly be in Edge, but she went to Vibe once when they did some kind of Edge/Vibe swap and said it was super cool and had smoothies or something so she's pretty jazzed about that.

Did you miss having a split bath? That's my main concern. And being super forward. (We are normally midship people.)

Oh good! My daughter will have just turned 14 when we sail so it will be her first time in Vibe. She's a little nervous about it so she'll probably mostly be in Edge, but she went to Vibe once when they did some kind of Edge/Vibe swap and said it was super cool and had smoothies or something so she's pretty jazzed about that.

Did you miss having a split bath? That's my main concern. And being super forward. (We are normally midship people.)
Def have her try vibe! Our son loved it! He didn’t miss edge at all. They do have smoothies for purchase - and a private deck with pools! Check it out when there is an open house on the first day.

We didn’t miss the split bath really! The extra large room really made up for it. We rarely were in the room at the same times it seemed! Also, there is a bit of shaking and noise when docking - but it didn’t matter to us! If that sort of thing bothers you, bring ear plugs! Sleep masks are nice too - if anyone is an early riser!

Def have her try vibe! Our son loved it! He didn’t miss edge at all. They do have smoothies for purchase - and a private deck with pools! Check it out when there is an open house on the first day.

We didn’t miss the split bath really! The extra large room really made up for it. We rarely were in the room at the same times it seemed! Also, there is a bit of shaking and noise when docking - but it didn’t matter to us! If that sort of thing bothers you, bring ear plugs! Sleep masks are nice too - if anyone is an early riser!

Is it still true that if a kid is Vibe eligible they really should go the first evening to get to know the kids since that's when they tend to group up? (I have no kids...asking for @anricat since she said her kid was a bit nervous to try it. Seems best to have her hit Vibe first night or else it might not be a great experience if a kid who is hesitant goes later after groups have formed.)

Is it still true that if a kid is Vibe eligible they really should go the first evening to get to know the kids since that's when they tend to group up? (I have no kids...asking for @anricat since she said her kid was a bit nervous to try it. Seems best to have her hit Vibe first night or else it might not be a great experience if a kid who is hesitant goes later after groups have formed.)
We found that was best in Edge FOR SURE so I'm going to encourage her to do the same for Vibe. At least in Edge, they had a sort of Villains vs. Heroes thing going on that first day, I think in the afternoon maybe? So I will probably have her hit both. Hopefully the meet and greets are staggered.

I think ultimately, it's going to come down to the friends she makes on Day 1. She does seem to have more preference for hanging out with kids slightly younger than she is. She's in 8th grade and her two best friends are in 7th. She's not necessarily immature, but her interests skew slightly younger. Not sure if that's my fault (we are pretty strict about devices and social media) or some aspect of her unique school/gym situation. She's a competitive gymnast spending 25 hours/week training in a group of various aged girls and she goes to a tiny private school with mixed age classrooms (right now she's in the 7th/8th grouping). Anyway, I think that may be part of the hesitance of going to Vibe. I think the older kids slightly intimidate her.

Our son went the first day to the open house and met kids there - and he did activities that day and night. He is very shy and introverted but has managed to make friends on every cruise we’ve been on so far. Fingers crossed for our Memorial Day trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter