If a fortune teller told you you were destined to be alone and never find love how would you respond?

Well, I was never looking for love in my youth, unlike many in their late teens and early 20's. Love just found me.
So I would not have an issue being alone but I would not trade the last 43 years of my love life for anything.

My mom was a widow for 46 years and made it clear she had no interest in dating or being married again. I think my parents had a great marriage, but my dad was terminally ill for 2 years, she cared for him, she was working full time, and raising me, and she was just ready to do what she wanted to, when she wanted to after I was out of the house. And she deserved that. Besides, she said every man her age was looking for a cook, maid or nurse and she wasn't about doing that.

Eh, relationships are overrated. Life is so much simpler with no romantic entanglements, and less chance for drama.

If a fortune teller told you you were destined to be alone and never find love how would you respond? 🔮💔
I'm not one to frequent fortune tellers, but I guess I'd say "You don't seem to have done your homework. I already did, and we've been married for 26 years."

I'd remind her that I'm the one that broke up with HER. Don't nonsense me with that magic eight ball, lady, you played yourself! Her and her weird voodoo dolls. Ouch, suddenly my neck hurts!

Here’s the thing . . . Your future changes moment to moment, based on the choices you make. Your fortune teller may see no love in the future for someone who is not making that a priority. If you choose to make that a priority after the reading, the future will be different.

I agree that it’s better to be alone than to be in a bad relationship just for the sake of being in one.

I’d ask her for my money back, because love comes in many forms. Someone doesn’t have to be in a romantic relationship to know love. I have many people in my life that I love, granted it’s not the same love like I have for my DH, but it’s still love.

Here’s the thing . . . Your future changes moment to moment, based on the choices you make. Your fortune teller may see no love in the future for someone who is not making that a priority. If you choose to make that a priority after the reading, the future will be different.
While agree with the premise that your future changes based on choices you make. I disagree with the idea that if you make it a priority it’ll happen. I spent years focused on finding a life partner, put true effort into it and was unable to find “love.” I wholeheartedly believe that some people just don’t get that as part of their lives. Others are lucky and find it more than once. The key is accepting it and learning to be happy with what you have and not miserable with what you don’t.

If a fortune teller told you you were destined to be alone and never find love how would you respond? 🔮💔

If she was single, I would probably would ask her out to be honest. 🤷‍♂️
I'd laugh.
Really, these charlatans give people who really have the ability a bad name. Sadly, there are a lot of those fakers out there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter