• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas why BCV already waitlisted Dec 2007 ?!?

FWIW, I do not think it is "professional" renters. I think it is owners - lots of small resale contracts were purchased to get the home resort advantage and those members are using it.

First two weeks of December books up faster than any other time of the year except for New Year's Eve.

FWIW, I do not think it is "professional" renters. I think it is owners - lots of small resale contracts were purchased to get the home resort advantage and those members are using it.

First two weeks of December books up faster than any other time of the year except for New Year's Eve.
Carol, thanks for the fuel I will use to convince my husband that we need more points!!! :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Maybe some AKV owners will be freeing up other December ressies to stay there. We won't be helpful, but we're hoping to add on a night at AKV. This is our year for a VWL December stay!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I booked three BWV Boardwalk view studios for Dec 8-14 and also called each day to make sure I got what I needed for my family. CM even suggested that I do that. It's gorgeous with the decorations, but you're right the weather can be iffy that time of year. We've been when it's been freezing (literally) and also when it's been warmer.

Dec. 6th is also the first day of the land portion of Mousefest.

I think most DVC member's visit during the same time periods each year, once you call and receive that first "Sorry would you like to be added to the waitlist." You don't let it happen for the next reservations.

I do believe that owners will and have been using their 11 month windows more often then in the past. Which will make it more difficult at 7 months to book the smaller DVC resorts.

This thread just broke my heart...we are in the process of becoming members, and we were hoping to book a week during the Dec 1-14 timeframe... :mad: :sad: :sad:

Yes, I'm buying SSR, and I don't care what anyone thinks! I'm perfectly willing to stay at SSR that week... :)

If Dec 1 to 14 was moved up a season or two, I'm not sure how many members it would deter from booking it. I know I would still book it. If you look at the points (boardwalk preferred, BCV, VWL), it's not a huge difference. For a studio, adventure & choice are both 12 points for weeknights, dream 13, magic 14, premier 19.

I've never looked at the season when considering dates to book. I book based on when I want to go.

This thread just broke my heart...we are in the process of becoming members, and we were hoping to book a week during the Dec 1-14 timeframe... :mad: :sad: :sad:

Yes, I'm buying SSR, and I don't care what anyone thinks! I'm perfectly willing to stay at SSR that week... :)
Congrats on your membership, and good luck on getting the reservation. :)

And yes, it is pretty irrelevant what a bunch of anonymous cyber-posters think of your choice of resorts, isn't it? ;)

Congrats on your purchase! For what it's worth, we're SSR owners and have had three glorious stays there. The resort is beautiful and you just can't go wrong!

You probably won't have any problems booking SSR that week - as long as you do it in the next couple months - but if you've put in your deposit, talk to your guide about making pre-close reservations - I don't think you'd NEED to, but it might save a little worry. All of DVC does book up in early December - BWV and BCV and VWL just book up faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter