• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas why BCV already waitlisted Dec 2007 ?!?

heidicat17

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Experienced a first for us today in booking a BCV trip for us and the inlaws 12/1 - 12/8. (We're booking a 2BR and a Studio)

Had to get waitlisted on Thurs 12/6 for the 2BR. Totally 'sold out' both cash & points.

Can't get a studio for the entire week on points -- 3 nights of had to do cash, including that Thurs the 6th. In fact, apparenty got the last Studio for 12/6 for either cash or points as calling back to split the 2BR to 2 Studios for 12/6 and 12/7 (as a backup in case waitlist fails), all studios sold out too.

Anyone know what's going on the 6/7 of December that has BCV so booked withing the 11 month window?

TIA
Manny

first 2 wks of DEC are hot for DVC owners and are booked at 11 months out. I think you were lucky to get anything.
I booked Nov 29 to DEC 7 at 11 months and day by day. I'm sure others diid day by day too.
good luck with your waitlist.:goodvibes

December 1-14, Adventure season=cheap points, usually good airfare, get to see Xmas decorations without the crowds. The annual DVC association meeting is in that time, along with some other groups.

There are threads about the long wait times about calling for December ressies day by day at 11 monts and that's the whole month not just the holidays.

If I didn't have kids in school, I would be going down then too. :thumbsup2

I know this is a popular time -- it will be our 4th BCV early December trip there.

Yes, I usually book it in January (a little lazy this year, couldn't get firm answers from the inlaws, yada, yada), it's just seems odd that a Thursday would be the problem night when Wed and Fri are not.

Someone else mentioned Christmas parade taping... I'm sure wait list will come through

I know this is a popular time -- it will be our 4th BCV early December trip there.

Yes, I usually book it in January (a little lazy this year, couldn't get firm answers from the inlaws, yada, yada), it's just seems odd that a Thursday would be the problem night when Wed and Fri are not.

Someone else mentioned Christmas parade taping... I'm sure wait list will come through

The Friday is not really surprising since points are higher Friday and Saturday nights.

I feel you pain. We tried for a 2 bedroom at BCVs for Dec 5 - 9th and were told it was unavailable for the 6th, so we booked at OKW instead.

My guess is that there is a MVMCP on Thursday night so that could be why it's booked on the 6th.

pinnie

That's my favorite week of the year, I stayed at BWV that week from 2000 to 2004. My mom passed away in 9/2005, so I skipped 2005 and 2006 (we spent that week at WDW together). But I have a reservation for 12/1 to 12/7 this year! Called day by day at the 11 month mark (boardwalk view studio).

How ironic that one of the lowest point times and lowest attendance time at Disney is one of the busiest times for DVC trips. Maybe DVC needs to do a point adjustment for that time of year? Probably not, but it might help ease booking at that time of year.

How often does DVC evaluate the point structure? I know it really hasn't done much with restructuring of points, but do they at least review it?

Is that the week of the members meetings? We would love to get there for that, but we can't get away until the following week at the earliest.

No one had said that it was SSR's fault, but there have been plenty of threads "blaming" SSR people for filling up "not their home" resorts at the "less than 7 month" time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Well this is still in the priority window? We did have a thread about BWV filling up SV/BV studios being booked at 8 months. Which of course turned into SSR owners fault? :confused:

I think members at some of the smaller resorts are planning farther ahead, booking right as the 11 month window opens, even for early December.

Also how much of it is our "professional renters" who book rooms to sell the ressie? BWV & BCV would be good for the CP at Epcot. I just wonder how many studios they do book? A few or quite alot?

I've been trying to get a 1BR for one night at BCV, BWV or VWL on cash and can't get it. Can only get SSR or OKW.

Hope your waitlist comes through!

How ironic that one of the lowest point times and lowest attendance time at Disney is one of the busiest times for DVC trips. Maybe DVC needs to do a point adjustment for that time of year? Probably not, but it might help ease booking at that time of year.

How often does DVC evaluate the point structure? I know it really hasn't done much with restructuring of points, but do they at least review it?

Why would DVC WANT to adjust the points? It's good that not everyone is fighting for using the points when kids are out of school and the crowds are more crowded. Early Dec is low season for a reason- the weather isn't always great.

Why would DVC WANT to adjust the points? It's good that not everyone is fighting for using the points when kids are out of school and the crowds are more crowded. Early Dec is low season for a reason- the weather isn't always great.

Well, my reply was directed at the previous post. Since that time of year is so popular that it books up so far our and members always have to waitlist, I was merely suggesting to lessen the load, add more points. Obviously you either didn't read it all the posts or taking the suggestion to hard.

SSSHHHH! Don't give them any ideas.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter