Ideas for surprise family activy

jesschris

Mouseketeer
We are going on an extended family trip this fall and looking for something speical to do. The family 6 adults and 3 children (all under age 5). We are staying at WLV and were planning on doing a Wishes Fireworks cruise as a surprise. However now that Wishes is no longer and the new fireworks have a lot of displays on the castle we are not certain that this will be the best viewing so we are looking for any fun alternatives that we can looking to a surprise, preferably in the evening.

Thanks

There are 2 miniature golf courses on Disney property (it's up to you if you think they would all be old enough). You can rent a boat from the Polynesian and sail on Seven Seas Lagoon. You can possibly upgrade your tickets to a water park package, and go to a water park. I don't know if they would want to see Cirque Du Soleil at Disney Springs, but that is a great show. Maybe you can do Hoop-De-Doo Review for dinner? That's just a few extra things on WDW property that I can think of on the top of my head. I just don't know if all of them would be a great thing for the ages of the children.

Chip n Dale's Campfire Sing a Long at Ft. Wilderness if they're up and running again during your trip?

I know you won't be able to see the castle projections very well, but I highly suggest the Pirates and Pals Firework Voyage. You'll get to see the fireworks, electric water pageant, and meet characters like Mr Smee, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan. Also you get tons of snacks beforehand. And all the kids will get some sort of pirate toy/prize.

Will you have park tickets to go into MK that day? maybe switch to the desert party for the fireworks.

If you all have park tickets, I highly recommend the MK Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing. Yummy desserts, great view, no crowds.

I second the PP's suggestion of Pirates and Pals. It's such a fun event and you can boat over to CR from WL. Dessert, pirate adventure, plus you'll be able to see the higher fireworks.

You may want to consider Hoop Dee Doo Revue at Ft. W. It's such a fun show, plus there is a playground and the WDW stables right next door. If the children are small enough (I believe they have to be under 40") they can take a pony ride. It makes for a really fun evening.

You could also consider an Illuminations cruise from the YC dock. You can book a private pontoon to see the fireworks.

I highly recommend the Hoop Dee Doo Review. It is fun to take the boat from WL to Fort Wilderness. Only a short walk from the boat dock to Pioneer Hall for this dinner show. We think it is one of the best things in WDW. Reserve category 1 and do it now, you will be seated up front near the stage. Someone from your group could be chosen to be in the skit near the end, The Ballad Of Davey Crocket. So fun!

We are going on an extended family trip this fall and looking for something speical to do. The family 6 adults and 3 children (all under age 5). We are staying at WLV and were planning on doing a Wishes Fireworks cruise as a surprise. However now that Wishes is no longer and the new fireworks have a lot of displays on the castle we are not certain that this will be the best viewing so we are looking for any fun alternatives that we can looking to a surprise, preferably in the evening.

Thanks
Did you watch the side by side comparison video of the 2 shows? You might still be happy with the cruise you booked.

I am sure you will want to do some things with the whole family, but one of the things that was most special to my girls was Lilo's Playhouse. They loved spending the evening meeting Captain Hook, doing a science experiment, and making crafts and cookies.

You might consider a night out with the adults while you drop the kids at Lilo's. Trader Sam's would be really fun, as would a signature dining experience.

You might also attend the Halloween party or Food and Wine with just the adults. Lilo's and the kids club at the Boardwalk (Sandcastle Club?) do an all night drop off for a set price (it was $55 per child for us) and you get from 4:30 until midnight. My husband and I have done this twice because the girls loved it so much the first time. They ask to go back every trip.

With three little ones, it will be nice for the adults to get a break, also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter