• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for items to sign

A few years ago we did a large black blank Vinylmation and had the characters sign with a silver Sharpie:

6977807473_64450f685d_z.jpg
6831679862_f2986eca82_z.jpg

And last month I brought two photo mats, and I included a red Sharpie with one and a blue with the other (my sons' favorite colors):

18268031922_bc8b158c41_z.jpg

A very cute idea I saw somewhere was to get a pair of the plain Mickey ears and have them signed with a silver Sharpie. I love that one!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the rumors that they will be discontinuing this signing service?

This is what I'm thinking of doing... What did you use for Markers? Thx.

OP... What about a white onesie, a pillow, or one of those white piggie banks you can decorate yourself?
Love those ideas! And we could say the piggy bank is to save money for their own Disney vacation one day :)

We have done the pillowcase thing before but this last cruise I brought along 2 small dessert plates that I purchased from WDW and dropped off for signatures. I LOVE how they came out. I saw another Diser on here post the same plate in dinner size but when I saw that in the store it was HEAVY so I opted for the dessert size. I requested just the Fab Five sign.

View attachment 102737 View attachment 102738

You can find a set of 12 at www.disneyshopping.com but I bought 2 at Downtown Disney. They also have different colors at disney shopping site.

http://www.disneystore.com/gourmet-mickey-mouse-dessert-plate-set-white/black/mp/1319269/1000352/

MJ
This looks really nice! Great idea!

DW likes Tinkerbell. For her birthday (celebrated on the cruise), I got a Tinkerbell tote bag and had it signed. They gave me a choice of princesses or the characters (like on the plates above), I went with the characters. I also included a ziplock bag with an indelible black Sharpie, and a handful of M&M packets as a thank you.

They told me it would be delivered to the cabin, but I asked if I could pick it up as it was a surprise for DW. Somehow the wires got crossed and our steward gave it to DW, thinking she had requested the signatures. I walked up a moment later and saw the very confused looked on both DW and the steward. Oh, well..... I explained to the steward that the bag was for me, and then gave it to DW with a "Happy Birthday". Inside the bag was the Sharpie. DW likes the signed bag so much that she doesn't want to use very often in case she damages it!
What a lovely surprise! I would be thrilled! :)

I LOVE that!!! And our last name starts with D so that would be really cool - D for Disney and for us! Thanks for the great idea - I'm going to do this our next cruise!

What about one of those stuffed animals you can autograph, like a teddy bear?
I've never seen one that you can write on! I will look into it, maybe I can find a Mickey or something that can be written on!

Just got off Disney Fantasy Cruise yesterday. Our family bought some inexpensive picture frames, and the charectors signed the mat. It turned out great! And we bought some pics at shutters that we plan to put inside.if you bought too you could get the princesses to sign in pink and the main charectors like Mickey and Pluto to sign in blue on the second one. It would be great to put pics of the baby in.
accfc1722cf038e1adce3307fe96e2c6.jpg
Thanks for showing the pic, it looks really great!

Wow everyone - I can't get over all the awesome suggestions! I went from having no idea to not knowing which to choose :) I wil defining pick from one of these. And I know that my brother will adore your choices (and baby will too) :)

After reading these, I just ordered a white cotton string backpack for DD off Amazon to which I will add an iron on Disney design. I think she will enjoy that much more than a pillowcase because she will be able to show it off to her friends.

When using a pilowcase or something similar have people taken along cardboard to put in the middle so the markers don't bleed thru?

When using a pilowcase or something similar have people taken along cardboard to put in the middle so the markers don't bleed thru?

I haven't done a pillowcase, but I definitely would put something in the middle. I do any prep that is needed. For our photo mats I taped the edges so the part that is covered by a frame would stay empty and I wrote "top" and "bottom" on them, so that they would be the proper orientation.

Did pillow cases a couple of times and did not include something like that and worked good. I assume they have something they use due to so many folks using the pillow cases. Another item is just a plane white sailor hat to have signed.

Has anyone heard the rumors that they will be discontinuing this signing service?

I think those rumors got started because some people were declined on shorter cruises (which makes sense). I haven't heard anything about people being told no on longer trips.

I am going to bring fabric squares to have signed, then turn it into a quilt when I get back. I will do two, one for each of my daughters.

I think those rumors got started because some people were declined on shorter cruises (which makes sense). I haven't heard anything about people being told no on longer trips.
We will be on a 5 day cruise. I hope that is a good one for signing.

I got an idea last year on here and am planning to use it this year. Someone suggested a window valance (the short curtains that go at the top of a window. You could get one in any color or even slightly patterned. Probably a straight one vs and pleated is best. Have it signed and it can hang in the baby's room. We are doing this for DD this cruise.

I got a plain apron from Joanns Fabrics and had the bib part signed. Obviously not an idea for a baby, but I just wanted to get the idea out there. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter