Ideas for hubby

blestmom

DIS Veteran
My hubby is quite the guy. I'm a Disney nut, he can take it or leave it. He is working 2 jobs, in part to help pay for our vacations. This December, I'm taking our 5 kids down for 2 weeks, and he is going to join us about half way through. He is a teacher, and can't take 2 weeks off. I'm wondering what kinds of 'surprises' or special things I could try to do while he is there, that don't cost a lot of money. My oldest can babysit for short times while we do something special. I just want to let him know how much we appreciate his working so hard for us.
Deb
P.S. I'm taking the kids to MVMCP before he joins us.

:cheer2: :flower1: :goodvibes

Here are some ideas:

1. Since he's not a disney fanatic, I would take him to The Mercado Shopping Center on International Drive for a ROMANTIC DINNER at either "charlies lobster house" - delicious seafood $15 entree (huge entree) or Bergamos- has singing wait staff - italian food.

After dinner you can walk over (in shopping center) to the Titanic Exhibition
$17 per person , i think. Well worth the money. Very interesting thing to do. you see hundreds of artifacts from the Titanic, the building inside has recreated parts of the ship - you must see it. It takes about 1 1/2 hours to see the whole thing, so worth the $.

I think you both would really enjoy that. It's still fun and romantic and it's not too much $.

So figure $40-50 for dinner and $40 for Titanic. Under $100 bucks you have a nice night out. Or you can get a cheaper dinner somewhere on International Drive and then go to Titanic afterwards...

2. If he LOVES cars, take him for dinner at the NASCAR DINNER CAFE...

I'll try to think of more....i'll ask my husband for ideas.. but hope u like these!:wave: ::yes::

You could always check out pleasure island, the night club district as they have a variety of clubs and have a comedy den. Also cirque de soliel (sp?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter