• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ideas for asking bridesmaids/groomsmen to be part of our wedding

SnowWhitesWedding

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney friends! I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for inviting our friends to be in our wedding at WDW this autumn? Florida is kind of far for most of them to travel. I am wondering about etiquette. Are we expected to pay for everything for our attendants? If not, how would you personally go about inviting them? TIA!!! :)

Hi! I made boxes to ask mine.
I wrote an information card about each bridesmaid, including their favourite Disney Princess. A few other things, like Kleenex and a ring pop. I painted the wooden box in red (one of my wedding colours) and added a monogram of each bridesmaid's initial.

With regards to what to pay for...I have paid for their dresses (any alterations they need to cover) and I will buy them a gift. I will still pay for the usual things 'day of' wedding, food, drink etc. I'm also paying for their flip-flops, tee-shirts and a few other little bits. We are also buying them tickets to Mickey's Haunted Halloween Party.

I think what people spend varies. Hope this helps.

Hi! I made boxes to ask mine.
I wrote an information card about each bridesmaid, including their favourite Disney Princess. A few other things, like Kleenex and a ring pop. I painted the wooden box in red (one of my wedding colours) and added a monogram of each bridesmaid's initial.

With regards to what to pay for...I have paid for their dresses (any alterations they need to cover) and I will buy them a gift. I will still pay for the usual things 'day of' wedding, food, drink etc. I'm also paying for their flip-flops, tee-shirts and a few other little bits. We are also buying them tickets to Mickey's Haunted Halloween Party.

I think what people spend varies. Hope this helps.

Thank you. That is really helpful! I love your ideas too!

Yeah, I agree with majix, since you ask them to be in your wedding in Disney, so you have to pay for all the fees they spend in the party(except some they spend for themselves).

I saw your other post which said you plan to have a Memories wedding and have some children, you do realise this only allows for 4 guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter