Ideal Vacation Length?

After reading all these comments now worries as there for 14 days lol.

Our chill out rest days have gone as we seem to be doing everything. Our chill out days are now water parks!

With limited vacation time and a desire to see many different parts of the country (and sometimes the world) with my vacation time, my Disney trips are mostly made up of long weekends. We usually take a couple of vacation days, bump that up against a weekend and go for 4 nights, with 3 days in the parks, always with hoppers. We aren't into TS dining or water parks, so those don't figure into our Disney plans. We go for the rides and shows and general park atmosphere. I live a very manageable drive to that part of Florida, so going down for a long weekend is very easy to do for not a lot of money. No airfare or rental car required...just some gas. We did spend a week in Anaheim this year, with 5 DL days, but the length of that trip was mostly due to the location being a meeting point for some family coming over from New Zealand.

I could see doing a longer vacation at Disney, but I think about a week would be the ideal, with 5 or 6 days for the parks and a day to visit Disney Springs, the Disney outlet stores, and to actually enjoy the resort or look at some of the other resorts. I love visiting more than one park in a day and the flexibility that hoppers allow, so even with a week there, I would have hoppers.

This can be a good conversation. What do you guys think is the ideal vacation length if you want to do all the parks and maybe a water park ect....Also, what do you do when your on vacation (ie. # of days , park hop or not, rest day)?

From my experience the ideal length of time to go to WDW is around 7-10 day's. That gives you one day for each park without having to hop, then you have two or three days to do the other activities offered atWDW such as DS, ESPNWWOS, Disney Quest, The water parks ect... And one day to just chill at the hotel and do some resort hoping if staying on site.

I also think I know it could be expensive but staying on site is the best option of you want to have the most convenient stay and not want to pull your hair out. It's always been my favorite thing to park our car get the luggage out and not go back to the car for the rest of the vacation. I can't imagine staying off site and having to drive to the parks spend a whole day at the parks and not just jump on a bus or monorail and go back to the hotel. Instead you have to go back to the Trams WALK to your car after your dead tired and then wait in the traffic to get off property it's a mess.

Thanks for reading :) Have a magical day!
We like to have at least a week if not 9 days. Vacations seem to race by if they are any shorter.

When we lived out of state, we usually stayed a week. But could have stayed much longer if we could have taken that much time off from work.

Now that we are in state, AP, and try to go to a park once a week or so, 3 nights is just the right amount of time for a quick escape. 4 is better, but 2 is not enough.

We try to make the most of the resort since we can go to the parks anytime.

This can be a good conversation. What do you guys think is the ideal vacation length if you want to do all the parks and maybe a water park ect....Also, what do you do when your on vacation (ie. # of days , park hop or not, rest day)?

From my experience the ideal length of time to go to WDW is around 7-10 day's. That gives you one day for each park without having to hop, then you have two or three days to do the other activities offered atWDW such as DS, ESPNWWOS, Disney Quest, The water parks ect... And one day to just chill at the hotel and do some resort hoping if staying on site.

I also think I know it could be expensive but staying on site is the best option of you want to have the most convenient stay and not want to pull your hair out. It's always been my favorite thing to park our car get the luggage out and not go back to the car for the rest of the vacation. I can't imagine staying off site and having to drive to the parks spend a whole day at the parks and not just jump on a bus or monorail and go back to the hotel. Instead you have to go back to the Trams WALK to your car after your dead tired and then wait in the traffic to get off property it's a mess.

Thanks for reading :) Have a magical day!

Great thread topic! The responses have been interesting.

We are taking our first trip to WDW in June 2017 for 10 days, 1st & last being travel days. I wanted to have the option to have 2 days for each park, as we are not interested in the water parks. We'll probably have dinner at DS on arrival day, if the flight gets in early enough.

We usually spend 3-4 days at DL, which is perfect.

10 days will be a great 1st trip! There's so much to do at WDW that you still won't get it all done in one trip!

10000000 days

Agreed!

10000000 days
I WOULD enjoy seeing just how long it would take to tire out / do it all / get bored at WDW. . . That's a whole different question! If budget truly were no object and no real world waiting impatiently for our return. Like the old Tootsie Pop commercials "The world may never know!"

I WOULD enjoy seeing just how long it would take to tire out / do it all / get bored at WDW. . . That's a whole different question! If budget truly were no object and no real world waiting impatiently for our return. Like the old Tootsie Pop commercials "The world may never know!"
For me staying in a strange bed would wear thin after about 2 weeks. Then you just want to be home.

For me staying in a strange bed would wear thin after about 2 weeks. Then you just want to be home.
I admit, I am envious of some friends and family who do 3-4 week vacations every summer, but I do think I'd get homesick. My house doesn't hold a candle to WDW, but at least it's mine :)

After many, many vacations to WDW traveling from Texas...we have decided that 10 is perfect for us. A week just doesn't seem long enough. Two weeks was too much for us.

We go 2 weeks. Air is so expensive we want to get our money worth :rotfl:
Couple of free days..........includes going downtown, movie and/or just staying at the resort.

My usual ideal vacation days are 6-7 days
Day 1: arrival
Days 2 to 6: 1 park per day, last day use as a park hopping day
Day 7: departure

ULTIMATELY, I'd LOVE to do a INTENSE trip of like, 15+ days
Day 1: arrive
Day 2 to 5: 1 day each disney aprk
days 6&7: 1 dayeach universal park
day 8: seaworld
day 9: rest/dtd, pool day, whichever
Days 10 to the end: extra park days!

Fly in on Friday night. Saturday to Saturday with a low impact approach at the parks. Lots of pool time. Some Gurgling Suitcase time if we're at OKW. Disney Springs during the day ( too crowded in the evening). Kitchen-sink with my DD at beaches and cream. Fish n chips with a bass ale in England. Frozen margarita(s) in Mexico. Casey's for a chili dog. Chrystal Palace to visit Pooh for Breakfast (hopefully early enough to see an empty Main Street). Early morning walks around our hotel grounds. We visit the parks everyday but not for the whole day. 8 leisurely days. Fly home early Sunday morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter