ID at serenity bay?

5xdisneyfans

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if you go to Serenity Bay if need your ID on you? Not everyone in our family is over 18 so when some of the over 18 go do they need their ID? Just asking because we usually put all of our cards in together in our bag and wanted to know if I need to make sure they take them with them when they go.

I was wondering if you go to Serenity Bay if need your ID on you? Not everyone in our family is over 18 so when some of the over 18 go do they need their ID? Just asking because we usually put all of our cards in together in our bag and wanted to know if I need to make sure they take them with them when they go.
Technically, anyone could be carded while in an adult area. If someone appears to be under 18 and doesn't have their ID on them, they will be asked to leave until they can show one.

Will they card you? Probably not. But they could.

If they look young, there is a chance they could be carded (ditto in the adult pool area on board - I've personally seen this happen...not sure if the girls were actually ok but one didn't have ID or if they were not over 18, but it was handled very discreetly and they left without fuss), so yes. They need to have them with them.

Ok thank you. I usually hold onto the bag and will be hanging back with the under age child. I will try and remember to send the cards with the rest going over to check it out. Pool on the ship is never a problem because they usually have their lanyards on them but with going in the ocean they don’t. Thanks

Remember also that your KTTW card is how you pay for things on CC. So if anyone heading over to Serenity Bay is 21+ and wishes to enjoy an adult beverage, they would need their KTTW card anyway.

Wouldn't they have their KTTW card with them anyway? Its necessary to get back on the ship.

The KTTW card has a code on it that tells which age group each person is in. I don't see why they'd need an ID in addition to the KTTW card.

Everyone needs the KTTW card to get off and back on the ship. Anyone 18 and over will also need a photo ID. So if anyone may get off later or want to go back to the ship they may want to have their KTTW card and ID.

The KTTW card has a code on it that tells which age group each person is in. I don't see why they'd need an ID in addition to the KTTW card.

Because without scanning it at a machine (which would show their picture), there's no way of knowing if the card belongs to that individual. Only picture ID will show that.

At Castaway Cay you need the following items: Key to the World card and photo ID if of age. This is due to the bahamian customs that you pass through to get back onto the ship pier from the island. It didn't use to be that way, the Bahamian government did not check passengers on the Island. About 2 years ago, they built a checkpoint and need to see photo ID. Now, a lot of people seem to forget they need photo ID on the island and the officials will wave you on through, but they aren't compelled.

If the person doesn’t look over 18, they may ask for ID. My DD is 20, but looks barely 18. She was asked for her KTTW ID when we went to eat at Serinity Bay this past August. They also asked for KTTW ID at the pools and over 18 venues as well. She was even carded at Senior Frogs, the waitress thought she was 15-16!! DD was annoyed, but I told her to get used to it because she’ll be 21 in March and will spend the next 30 years whipping out her ID.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter