Icing Recipe for Sugar Cookies?

mskay

Mouseketeer
DH told me he likes sugar cookies with icing, but I don't have any recipes. I thought it would be a nice surprise if I could make them. Does anyone have any recipes?

Thanks,
MsKay

Here are two:
This one is creamy and works well for piping with an icing bag.
1 c. shortening ( I use crisco sticks)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp. milk
food coloring
Beat first 3 ingredients with electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Slowly add 1/2 of powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2 tbsp. milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough milk to make of piping consistency. Add food coloring.
Makes about 2 cups of frosting.

This one is the one I use most often. It hardens quickly.
Meringue Powder Glaze
2 tbsp. meringue powder (powdered egg whites)
1/4c. warm water
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
With a fork lightly beat 2 tbsp meringue powder and 1/4 c. warm water till combined. Stir in 2 c. powdered sugar. (I use my electric mixer.) Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 c. additional powdered sugar to make a smooth glaze that is spreadable but not runny. Tint with food color or paste.
Makes about 1 cup.

I find a cup of frosting goes a LONG way when doing cookies.
good luck!:)

Thanks for the recipes! I'm going to make them in the next week or two. Happy Holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter