Icecream with Disney characters

armmfam

Earning My Ears
I read on a site that there is a place in Epcot that has an afternoon icecream social with Mickey and friends. I cannot find where I read this. We are going to WDW in May and I'd like to make reservations for this. Can someone help me out?

Jill

That would be the Garden Grill.
"The Garden Grill also hosts an Ice Cream Social afternoons 3:00pm, 3:10, and 3:20pm. The cost is $6.99 plus tax and gratuity per person (same charge for children or adults). Mickey comes around and joins in the fun! This is a great way to see Mickey and usually is not crowded." (From WDWIG)

More info at:

http://wdwig.com/rev_ics.htm

I highly recommend this event! The Ice Cream Social was one of the highlights of our September vacation. Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Chip, and Dale all made their way to our table. Chip and Dale were by far the best of the characters to interact with, but then again, Gabby did get to kiss Mickey Mouse on the nose. lol If you have the time to kick back for an hour or so with some good ice cream and a few laughs with the characters, please do so. Mickey

We did the Ice Cream Social last August. My DD6 had a great time. It wasn't crowded so Mickey came by numerous times. The characters didn't rush off like at other resturants and they give plenty of ice cream. The Garden Grill is in The Land and it rotates so you get to see the scenery from the ride in The Land. It worked out well because we got to see the entire thing without waiting on the long line they had downstairs. I made a PS ahead of time.

I made a PS beforehand but I am not sure it's always necessary, especially in value season.

I highly recommend doing this. I thought the atmosphere with the characters and how they had more character "interaction" with me (even just going solo!) was better than some of the other character meals we had done (breakfastosaurus, princess storybook, etc.) They were so funny and friendly with me- I can't imagine how great they'd be with children!!!! Pluto kept coming back over and over- then demanded that he sit next to me and have the CM take a picture of us together. Then later Mickey wanted to sit with me and "acted" like he was wore out and wanted to rest a bit at my table. Then even later Pluto demanded that the CM take a pic of him, me and Mickey together. Chip and Dale were cute also. (I think I hurt their feelings by not shoving the autograph book at them to sign but the kids had already gotten 2-3 signatures of BOTH of them already! I didn't want to keep filling up the book with the same signatures over and over! So I pretended I didn't "get" what he was standing around waiting for. oops. LOL)

It's great- and cheaper than a character meal too!

My DD is 2 and a half ddoes anybody know if I have to pay for her or can I feed her off of mine. She won't eat all that much ice cream?:p

Originally posted by Mickeysaver...
If you have the time to kick back for an hour or so with some good ice cream and a few laughs with the characters, please do so.

Just a question - if seatings for this are at 3pm, 3:10pm, and 3:20pm, how is it possible to have "an hour or so" for ice cream? Are there three different 10-minute events? I'm confused :)

This was by far the best character dining experience we had. We others, including CRT, but the Garden Grill wasn't expected. It is a good idea to make PS's because then you are sure you will get in. But it doesn't seem to be that crowded. While there Mickey sat with us and colored a picture with my dd. We still have the picture he colored of Pluto with a tall line of circles on his nose. Pluto spent a great amount of time with dd too. We have a great picture of him and her looking over the revolving wall. Chip and Dale were hillarious. Dressed in farmers clothing, they would put a bandana over her head, steal things from each other and act like they were arguing over who sat next to her. Her face when this was happening I will never forget. Such a magic age at 4 and amoungst Mickey and the gang.

Anyway, we didn't go back on our last trip, but I plan to go this year in March.

The ice cream sundaes are huge. When they brought it out for my dd it had chocolate chips and all sorts of stuff on it but dd only likes vanilla so they let us keep it and brought out about a gallon of plain vanilla with a spoon and put in front of dd. You should have seen her eyes:eek: :tongue:

Make your ressies and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter