• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ice safari 4x4 and ice cave port adventure

Lmac85

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We're a family traveling all the way from Australia. We were really sad to miss out on this excursion cause we went on the moment it hit midnight in America. We were logged out and blocked out of the system for 20 minutes in the middle of booking these and our cart was emptied. Is anyone able to recall the tour company that Disney used? We've tried most tour companies in Reykjavik and they've told us it's impossible to do in the time frame. We are desperate! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,
We're a family traveling all the way from Australia. We were really sad to miss out on this excursion cause we went on the moment it hit midnight in America. We were logged out and blocked out of the system for 20 minutes in the middle of booking these and our cart was emptied. Is anyone able to recall the tour company that Disney used? We've tried most tour companies in Reykjavik and they've told us it's impossible to do in the time frame. We are desperate! Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

We are on the 11 night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland cruise in June. I tried to book this excursion privately because of the cost of doing it with Disney. I contacted 4 tour companies and was told the same as you by all of them that they could not do the tour because of the times we are in port. I was able to book the tour with Disney on my 90 day mark. I was up at midnight as it was the one excursion we really wanted to do. I thought when I checked last night it was still available but it maybe sold out since.
I would keep checking DCL website maybe someone will cancel.

If you are on the same cruise, I did check just now and it is still available for the 2nd day in Reykjavik.

Hi! Thanks for your help! Was so frustrating to have it in our cart and then for the system to mess up and lose it! Since then it's been sold out and everyday I've checked it's still blocked out. Maybe we were looking at different things? I know that the super 4x4 adventure is still available but that isn't the port adventure we want. :( We called up Disney to see if they could do anything and they told us that it was full. Hopefully we'll find a solution sometime soon! Thanks again for your help!

Hi! Thanks for your help! Was so frustrating to have it in our cart and then for the system to mess up and lose it! Since then it's been sold out and everyday I've checked it's still blocked out. Maybe we were looking at different things? I know that the super 4x4 adventure is still available but that isn't the port adventure we want. :( We called up Disney to see if they could do anything and they told us that it was full. Hopefully we'll find a solution sometime soon! Thanks again for your help!

I just checked again and the glacier safari 4x4 and ice cave is still available but I was thinking I am only a party of 2 so maybe if you have more people there is not enough space for everyone so that is why it is showing sold out. As a reminder, people have to cancel 3 days before the cruise if they do not to pay for the excursion so that may be a good time to check back. Good luck!

I was thinking I am only a party of 2 so maybe if you have more people there is not enough space for everyone so that is why it is showing sold out

I think you might be right. We have 6 adults in our party wanting to do the excursion so that's probably why! Thanks for all of your help though. :earsboy::thanks:

If you are unable to book that excursion and are looking for an alternate excursion, we did Snorkeling into the Deep Blue on our second day in Reykjavik last summer and loved it.

As an alternative suggestion, we used https://www.discover.is when we were in Reykjavik two years ago and they were fantastic. I don't see that specific tour listed on their webpage, but they will pretty much go anywhere their modified jeeps can handle. I don't know if that includes where you are wanting to go, but it might be worth giving them a call. They also might have some other alternatives for you. They aren't inexpensive, by any standards, but based on what the Disney tour is charging you might end up better off, price wise. A big plus is that they do mostly (if not only) private tours, so it will be just your party - no one else.

I hope it works out for you! Iceland is just magnificent.

I contacted 4 tour companies and was told the same as you by all of them that they could not do the tour because of the times we are in port.

We wrote to 10 or so and two have written back with hopeful responses... will let you know how it goes :earsboy:

If you are unable to book that excursion and are looking for an alternate excursion, we did Snorkeling into the Deep Blue on our second day in Reykjavik last summer and loved it.

Thank you for the advice! That is the other tour we really want to do! It was already full when we went in at the 90 day mark but we contacted some tour companies and quite a few came back with helpful responses. :earsboy:

As an alternative suggestion, we used https://www.discover.is when we were in Reykjavik two years ago and they were fantastic.

Thank you so much for your help! We wrote to them and they came back with a good response. :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter