I wish I was there...

DWFamilyof6

Mouseketeer
I so wish I was on-site at Disney today. Just curious and looked up wait times for MK this morning. Currently at 7:44 am 7D is a 15min wait. Speedway is 20min. :mic:

My mom and I just booked a quick trip for January. When making the hotel reservations, the lady on the phone said we should come down now because wait times were low because of the storm. We thought it was kinda funny. She then told us how Disney is amazing when it comes to storm shelter. It was interesting, to say the least.

Well, it didn't last long, 7DMT up to a 65 min wait now. Maybe a lot of locals decided to take advantage of the low crowds.

I've been following wait times as well since I just renewed my touring plans and rides app. It would be nice!! I looked at the crowd level of 3 then realized wishful thinking. I think when we are planning to go will be a 5 or 6

....I want to chime in so badly because we took our trip as planned this weekend but I don't want to come off as a braggart.
Not braggart at all. I watched RTV1 Live stream for a bit earlier and couldn't believe the empty walkways. Literally there was enough space to watch the parade in Frontierland and lay out along the the route without another person nearby. Crazy!

Not at all....share your stories and reviews! Glad everything worked out for you!

Thanks! It was a birthday trip and it was booked right before GE was announced so I was a little stressed about crowds right after that but obviously that's not how it went down :genie: Utilized morning EMH 2 mornings at MK and everything was pretty much a walk-on except 7DMT which was a posted 25 min wait. It honestly felt like a ghost town it was so empty, I was mind-blown. Went to GE on Sunday morning for DH and did MF:SR twice (40 min wait each time, which honestly flew by), DH got to build his lightsaber which was really cool to watch, Oga's was taking walk-ins so we got a table and enjoyed our 45 min. 2-drink max - I'm not the big SW fan but I was still blown away by the experience and the land, I thought it was going to be beige and boring and it was honestly a lot of fun. My mother (who is IRL Linda Belcher) got stopped by 2 Storm Troopers and had the most hilarious interaction, when they walked away she whispered "Oh my god I thought they were gonna shoot me!" I rode SDD like 4 times (40 min waits a piece...not in a row, haha). Walkways were pretty clear and easy to maneuver on that side of HS so it was nice to not feel crowded. Did Epcot F&W for the first time ever which was incredible (faves were duck poutine and apple pie beer!) I can't even remember what else we did, we did everything at least twice and had the most incredible trip, and we were lucky enough that our originally planned Monday night flight out of MCO got out without incident (all flights the next day were cancelled). I feel like I must've done something REALLY good to have such good karma for this trip, it exceeded every expectation. I wish I could sprinkle some fairy dust on everyone else to have as magical of a time! Thanks for letting me share :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter