I Will NEVER Eat At _______ In WDW Again!!

Dinner at Ohana. The food wasn't bad at all, just not worth the price they charge...DH agreed with me. We have done a lot of character meals at WDW, and we will pay the price for a great AYCE meal (Biergarten dinner is our favorite), but this was just not worth it. Yes, the bread pudding is delicious but bread pudding is not worth that pricetag IMP. And I have had other desserts I enjoyed much more than the bread pudding...I don't see all the hype around it. I expected bananas foster bread pudding but it only has 2 very thin slices of banana! Service was subpar, the waitress didn't come back to see if we needed refills on anything, and she seemed like she didn't want to be bothered doing her job...but I know service could be hit or miss depending on the server. But for the food we just felt it wasn't worth the price for us. We much prefer Kona Cafe.

If my kids want to dine with Lilo & Stitch, I would gladly go to Ohana for the character breakfast. That is a different experience and worth it to me to pay the price for them to meet the characters without waiting in a long hot line in July!

I wouldn't do Liberty Tree Tavern again, at least for dinner. (I like their lunch better anyway.) We took my parents for dinner in December 2012 and the broccolini was gross. I like broccolini, but we must have been served some bad stalks. I could NOT get the horrible taste out of my mouth for pretty much the entire rest of the meal no matter what I ate or drank.

When the waiter noticed we were not eating the broccolini, he inquired and we told him very politely that we thought, based on the taste, we were served some less than fresh stalks. We didn't ask for something else to replace it or anything of the sort, we just wanted to let him know since he asked why we weren't eating it. We then got the attitude like we had personally insulted him and he then chose to then ignore our table except to give us the bill. My mother had to flag another server down and mention we weren't even served dessert. Needless to say, we won't be back for dinner again.

We won't be eating at Turf Club again! :crazy2:

My daughter and son in law ate there one night, loved it and wanted to go back again a few nights later. The restaurant only had two families seated inside and they sat us outside. We asked to be moved indoors. as it was really hot and they said it would be an hour wait (what??!!)

So, we ordered and the food was truly awful. I can't even remembered what I ordered. The waiter asked if I liked my food, as I only took about 5 bites. I answered honestly, that it was extremely salty and spicy, although it wasn't normally a spicy dish, and that I was unable to enjoy it. Ahhh, I remember now, it was turkey, as it was Easter. How do you make turkey spicy? The menu said something like homestyle turkey, with fixings. Anyway, he rudely said that if I wanted to know if it was spicy, I should have asked first.

Very disappointing.

ABC Commissary at DHS hands down is the one place I would NEVER EVER EVER eat again. Never in my life have I found inedible french fries- but neither my DH nor I could eat them here! Between that, his inedible burger, and my inedible fried fish, there was literally nothing we could eat AT ALL. Apparently there have been menu updates, but we won't be going back!

I have never seen any good food there!! My daughter likes it for some reason and wants to eat there. I always go to Starring rolls, get a sandwich and dessert and bring it back to eat with my family at ABC commissary. People asked me what that was listed as on the menu, lol.

Did you go to BOG for lunch or dinner, no fries for the kids seriously. My kids would be okay with that most of the time, but I know a lot of kids that think fries are the only side that comes with a meal lol.

That's just sad! Children should not think of fries as a staple. I can honestly say we NEVER eat at fast food establishments, so fries are something we have maybe twice a year.

As I read through the entire 18 pages of this thread this morning, it occurred to me that we have plenty of excellent and plenty of awful meals at WDW. The thing is, after 40 some trips, we KNOW which places we like and don't like, and we are smart enough to read menus before we make ADRs. I'm quite sure every restaurant would get at least one mention on the "never again" list on a board like this. It certainly is evident that a lot of folks have had bad experiences with the same few on here though. Interestingly, they are all places we either have never gone to or have quit going to.

Over the years, we have learned that some places that used to be special no longer are, and some that used to be horrible have gotten better. Sadly, few of the WDW restaurants get better once they go down in quality. Our current "won't do for awhile" includes Rose and Crown mostly because their menu offers very little I can eat. Our current "must do" list includes Sanaa at Kidani Village. We used to love Jiko , but Sanaa has taken it's place in our hearts.

Rainforest Café. YUCK! Over priced food and not good at all. This isn't specific to Disney, however. I know they are a chain and their food is just awful.

I have honestly never eaten anywhere else I didn't like. I found that the "quick bite to eat" places tend to taste better to me than the long sit down restaurants. Give me chicken fingers, a hot dog, a burger or some French fries and I am happy as a clam. :banana:

Ours was hands down the Tusker House. Dec 2011, right after they started doing character lunches, we were so exited, but although the food was just ok, as it was transitioning from Breakfast to Lunch, it was really a hodge podge of offerings that really did not work well together. We felt that they left the really cold and older breakfast items for wayyy too long and kept waiting to be wow'd with some more of the African Items, but kept waiting and waiting :(

I know many of cited this as well, but I feel that location is not off limits for character meals and we were stuffed into this side room that basically the characters waved at and half never entered, really really disappointing for some young kids on their first WDW visit after some great DL trips.

Also as many have said, Crystal Palace was ok, typical disney breakfast, but they sure stuff a lot of tables in there, we could hardly move.

Great thread btw, as I am booking our DDP ADRs for November, perfect timing.

We just got back and Nine Dragons was by far the worst restaurant we ever ate at. There were only 3 other families there and we were totally ignored by our water, never asked how our food was, never got us refills for our drinks. My dinner, the fried rice, was completely inedible! It was hard and cold white rice with pieces of ham and carrots in it. Terrible!

Hoop Dee Doo Revue. The food was okay but overpriced. My family and I were not impressed with the show. Had to take a bus after we parked the car. :crazy2:

Hollywood & Vine at DHS. The buffet was not good. We've eaten there for dinner and breakfast. The breakfast was awful..cold runny eggs, food was just horrible.

Surprised many folks mentioned Pinnochio's - my daughter is a CP at the Liberty Inn, but, was deployed at Pinnochio's - so, we decided to try it. I got a Pita Italian Sub and it was fantastic - pricey at 9.99, but, it was huge and had to have the others help me finish it.

On the other hand, we went to Boma a few years back and walked away underwhelmed, it was not bad mind you, regardless, just did not feel the meal was worth the price tag.

Not picking on the AKL, but, was also disjointed with Sanaa the Bread appetizer was very good, the choice and quality of meals did not thrill us. The service on the other hand was fantastic.

Guess I have to try Jiko.....

1900 Park Fare. We have never complained about a meal at WDW until our dinner this past June. The food was cold and looked like it hadn't been touched/stirred in a while. They were out of many of the dessert choices and, I know this is silly to some but it bugs me, a few of the items/ingredients were misspelled on the buffet signs:confused3 The character interaction was meh and we never saw Prince Charming even AFTER the character handler promised us she would send him our way. It is just too darn expensive to take a chance on another blah experience.

I have to ask.....with all of these terrible reviews has ANYONE complained to the Manager on duty at the particular restaurant and asked them what they are gonna do about the crappy food/service, etc?? I know that at local restaurants if you get crap food or terrible service a quick word with the manager gets that corrected, a discount or free meal, or some other corrective action.

Has anyone tried this at Disney when it's been as bad as reported here? Just cause they're Disney doesn't mean they can provide crap quality and expect customers to just take it.

If no one is complaining on a regular basis to the Management of the restaurant and only complains online (and I complain online for certain things too) then one must expect the terrible food/service to continue for the next sucker waiting in line to pay $40 for cold, stale, nasty food.

Just over 3 months before we dive into WDW Dining. This thread has me "thrilled" to eat there now. :cool1:

Akershus at dinner. The food was awful. Our main entree was bland and the salad bar items weren't very cold. Plus we had to wait 40 minutes past our ADR time (and it wasn't even a busy time of the year).

Mama Melrose -- Will never eat there again even if meal was free.
Coral Reef -- Nice fish tanks. Food, not so much.
Casey's -- Hard to complain about hot dogs. But there was only one accessible line (that I found). I was in a scooter. Guy at counter told me accessible line was closed and pointed me to regular lines too tight for my scooter to turn around in after receiving food. Not the first time I encountered this at WDW. Sorry I had to resort to a tiny scene to get thru his head that those lines wouldn't work for me. Sheesh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter