I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

They handed out party hats and had poolside trivia. It was such a fun afternoon, I almost didn’t want it to end. BUT, we had a party to get to, so around 5:00 we headed back to the room to get dolled up for our night out!

That looks so relaxing :P

The temperature had warmed up enough outside that the windows stopped sweating, so I was able to hang up our sign before we left!

Cute!

Bathroom Mirror Selfie!

You guys look amazing!

There were photographers with backdrops set up in two locations, so we took some pictures while there was no wait.

on Flickr

Nailed it!

Happy 2018!

That party looks like so much fun! I haven't gone out for NYE in many, many years, but that looks like something I'd definitely like to try!

Flynn’s smolder, but nothing made me happier than meeting Prince Eric, the first Disney prince I ever loved! LOL He was incredibly sweet and happy to sign Jimmy’s autograph book, too.
20180101_094518 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180101_094834 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Flynn's shoulder looks a little snarky :rotfl:

It's cute that you and Eric match, though…was that a coincidence?

There are the end of the walkway where there is usually a vacant bench sat these two…
20180101_111037 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I have never seen or read of anyone else posting about them. Streetmosphere getting out of the rain?? They were sitting perfectly still with these expressions the entire time we could see them before entering the building! #yikes

Creepy!

Rob thought I was ridiculous for wanting to stop here, but I know @buzzrelly agrees with me that this was a MUST!

OMG, yes! I love that area, and that photo of Walt, as you already know!

It ended up being totally worth the wait!! Minnie LOVED my crown and made a big deal about it!
wdw2018001902872115_8170055768 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

SHe's so cute in her fancy Hollywood Starlet gown :love::love::love:

I felt like I was intruding on ROB’s meet! Mickey kept me at arms-length away and eventually pushed me out of the picture all together so he and Rob could do “Mickey magic” together!
wdw2018001902878639_8170024256 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Great pictures!

My only regret….I put this incredible border image on it…..and it was taken in two thousand EIGHTEEN!!! Duh, me!!

OOPS! HaHa! It was just barely 2018 so it's totally understandable :D

Yes to all of this!

It was very sad to walk past the Great Movie Ride and know we couldn’t ride and that it was probably dismantled already as we were standing outside.
I am still completely heartbroken over this. I'll never get over it and never move on :sad:

It ended up being totally worth the wait!! Minnie LOVED my crown and made a big deal about it!
Yay!!! I've never done this meet but your experience definitely makes me want to :thumbsup2 You got some great photos!!! So glad they were actually found!

Mickey kept gesturing to Rob and insisting this was really HIS autograph book and he must’ve been too shy to ask for himself. LOL
:rotfl:

The very next day I received an email that said my pictures had been located and were now available in MDE!!
Phew!!! Disney magic right there! :wizard:

Hi :wave: Joining in. I'm loving your trip report. I love Disney at Christmas time but I've never the week you are there. I just don't think my family would do great with the crowds. The New Year's Eve party looked like a lot of fun. I can't wait to read more.
Hi! :) Thanks for reading!! Disney at Christmas is my absolute favorite! I LOVE being there on Christmas Day because when we're home we have so much driving around to do to make sure we see everyone. At WDW, it feels so much more leisurely....plus, who doesn't love a Christmas cheeseburger :)

All that food looks DELICIOUS!
It was so very tasty!!!

Love the NY's photos - you both look very dashing.
Well, thank you very much!

That party looks like so much fun! I haven't gone out for NYE in many, many years, but that looks like something I'd definitely like to try!
We usually sit on our couch, so this was a lot more effort LOL but it was incredibly fun!!

It's cute that you and Eric match, though…was that a coincidence?
It's because he's my meant to be, I suppose!! :)

I am still completely heartbroken over this. I'll never get over it and never move on :sad:
ME NEITHER!!! GMR for life!

I was able to hang up our sign before we left!
Cute! I love decorating the windows!

We felt like movie stars walking through Pop Century all dressed up while people were walking around in their regular clothes and bathing suits.
LOL make way for the stars! But really you both looked great all dolled up!

There were photographers with backdrops set up in two locations, so we took some pictures while there was no wait.
Such a great picture!

I found a blue drink with a glow cube on the menu and was sold. If it’s blue and it glows, I’m drinking it. (My working TR title LOL)

I discovered the specialty Countdown to Midnight Cocktail and had found my beverage of choice for the evening’s festivities! (Blue. Glowing. Duh!) I was just wishing my glass came with a glow cube, too! C’mon, Disney, for the price tag of this event that would’ve been an awesome addition! (I won't go into detail about how many glow cubes I would have accumulated if this had been an option....)

ALL THE GLOW CUBES!!!

After eating, Rob and I hit up the two photo ops—the castle and then topiaries of the main mouse and his main squeeze!

I love that castle backdrop!

He said we should pose like Mickey and Minnie, which sounded so silly to me at the time, but ended up being my most favorite picture from this trip and one of my favs of us EVER! I mean, c’mon, even our leg positioning is on point!

SO CUTE! I agree you need this one framed!
The whole night looked like so much fun! I had no clue they did parties like this, but man that looks awesome!! I would love to do that one day!

Our frying pan o’ pastries was brought out almost immediately. We met our waitress and then she disappeared for about 20 minutes. We hadn’t gotten drinks at this point either. She was really nice and very friendly…when she appeared. But, she was M.I.A. for long stretches during our entire meal.

We had this same experience there!

My only regret….I put this incredible border image on it…..and it was taken in two thousand EIGHTEEN!!! Duh, me!!

Ha! But what an awesome picture!

God Bless this selfie!!

LOVE this! So cute!!!

Rob was wearing one of his favorite shirts (which I DID NOT know he packed and made him keep his sweatshirt zipped so we wouldn’t be asked to leave LOL)—Hey, Princess, go get me a beer!
OMG, that is great! And I can totally see you telling him off and making him zip up his sweatshirt!

I ordered a peach bellini (with a Pascal glow clip for Jimmy—I asked if it was at all possible and she was so happy to say it wouldn’t be a problem) that was a really nice touch to the meal.
They should provide those all the time! So cute!

but nothing made me happier than meeting Prince Eric, the first Disney prince I ever loved! LOL He was incredibly sweet and happy to sign Jimmy’s autograph book, too.
I think they did a good casting job with Eric. Every picture I've seen of him is super handsome! I don't know if I had a first Disney Prince love, though Jack Kelly from Newsies was definitely my first celebrity crush!

The weather added to the spookiness of the queue and even spookier still is what we saw as we rounded the last corner in the line before heading into the lobby of the hotel. There are the end of the walkway where there is usually a vacant bench sat these two…
I have never seen or read of anyone else posting about them. Streetmosphere getting out of the rain?? They were sitting perfectly still with these expressions the entire time we could see them before entering the building! #yikes
Wow, that is creepy, but amazing too!

We asked him to sign Jimmy’s book and said he was at home, but Mickey kept gesturing to Rob and insisting this was really HIS autograph book and he must’ve been too shy to ask for himself. LOL
wdw2018001902878632_8170028660 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
OMG, I love him!

I felt like I was intruding on ROB’s meet! Mickey kept me at arms-length away and eventually pushed me out of the picture all together so he and Rob could do “Mickey magic” together!
wdw2018001902878639_8170024256 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
So fun!

Anyway, I was so excited to show Jimmy this bunch of pictures, but they never showed up on MDE. I kept thinking they would be there when we got home and I could actually log in at the computer, but once we got home I noticed they were still missing. (Funny enough, the last thing that happened before we left the meet was the PP photographer having a hard time with his scanner. Mickey came closer and gave Rob a nudge to “Mickey magic” the scanner. It beeped and we were on our way thinking Mickey saved the day!) I was really sad, but the tech people at Disney are amazing. They couldn’t locate my pictures, but made a work order ticket and said someone would get back to me. I sort of crossed my fingers and hoped for the best, but didn’t really think I’d hear from them (kind of like the lost phone on Rock’n Rollercoaster I never got back in 2016!) The very next day I received an email that said my pictures had been located and were now available in MDE!! They even credited me with providing them the information about exactly what time we’d met Mickey because that is how they narrowed the search enough to find our pics!! God Bless this selfie!!
20180101_125455 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Yay for Disney IT! Same thing happened with an EE shot; I hadn't scanned my band (I thought it would register without scanning), but I had a selfie/video, so was able to get it back!

Of course, none of that information matters at all because the magic shot that SHOULD have been Rob holding mistletoe, instead makes it look like he is picking something out of my hair. #smh
That does look hilarious! They probably didn't realize the Magic Shot since his hand isn't right over your heads!

It was a MUST for me on ADR day and I was so excited it ended up being an easy one to get. Prince Eric, here I come! (Cue delightful squealing!)
Yes!!! We loved our breakfast there. I do have to say, our server was much better than yours. Maybe you just had a bad one!

We checked in at 9:49 for our 10:15 reservation. There were A LOT of people waiting in the lobby, so I was thinking we might be waiting for awhile. They actually told us that when I checked in, too. But within just a few minutes of finding a corner to warm up/dry off in we were called to enter the dining area.
We did find the same thing, the lobby was full of people but we didn't wait long at all.

39547092395_2ecbda987b_z.jpg
Yum!!!!

40399473932_381086c74f_z.jpg
20180101_092
I saw these when we were there and almost let the girls get them. But I "think" next time we will do the dinning plan and I "think" glow cubes are sometimes included with the specialty drinks. I do think this pascal one is particually cool!

(ducks eat cookies?!)
I guess cookies sounds cutier than bread?!?!

At least it was Daisy that came back by herself. I would have been super disappointed it if was just Donald. No offense to him, but it's all about the ladies!

Creepy!!!!

w Jimmy of some of his and Daddy’s favorites.
Oh, Black Storm Trooper!

d he was at home, but Mickey kept gesturing to Rob and insisting this was really HIS autograph book and he must’ve been too shy to ask for himself. LOL
You can tell that this is the conversation being had. too funny

The very next day I received an email that said my pictures had been located and were now available in MDE!! They even credited me with providing them the information about exactly what time we’d met Mickey because that is how they narrowed the search enough to find our pics!! God Bless this selfie!!
Amazing that they find these photos! I mean really how many photos do they have to search through!

Very cute Selfie!

Of course, none of that information matters at all because the magic shot that SHOULD have been Rob holding mistletoe, instead makes it look like he is picking something out of my hair. #smh
wdw2
It does look like he is picking something out of your hair or he is an awkward teen that doens't know where to put his hand.

plus, who doesn't love a Christmas cheeseburger :)
Ha! I can only image what Morgan would do if we went to Disney on Christmas! She practically melted donw over Easter! But I do like the idea of a low key Christmas!

Love the updates!!! NYE looked so fun.
Thanks!!! :) It was really fun!!!

Following!!
Welcome! :) Thanks for joining in!

I guess cookies sounds cutier than bread?!?!
I guess so! We saw Donald walking through AK later in the trip and the CM walking with him was holding an umbrella over him. Rob said, "Donald! I thought ducks love water!" No response. LOL

You can tell that this is the conversation being had. too funny
It was seriously so funny!! I was explaining about Jimmy and Mickey kept brushing me off and pointing at Rob. He even paused when writing the name on the page...I said, "Jimmy." Mickey held his hand up at me and points to Rob like, "Spell your name for me." LOL It was seriously so funny!!!

It does look like he is picking something out of your hair or he is an awkward teen that doens't know where to put his hand.
That is hilarious!! I hadn't thought of it, but that is TOTALLY what it looks like!

Ha! I can only image what Morgan would do if we went to Disney on Christmas! She practically melted donw over Easter! But I do like the idea of a low key Christmas!
Poor Morgan!

The first time we went to WDW for Christmas, we actually did all of our usual Christmas morning things--went to Mass, had breakfast and opened presents as a family...THEN headed immediately to the airport. That was pretty awesome, too, but there's just something extra magical about Christmas Eve at Magic Kingdom and waking up in Disney World on Christmas!

We enjoyed walking through the park all lit up with Christmas lights and neon and decided to see if we could grab a drink from Dad’s Liquor Cabinet at the Tune in Lounge. There weren’t any seats available, but we were able to walk up and order drinks, which we enjoyed by the vintage living room set up—I just love Primetime at Christmastime!
20180101_164702 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
Anyone surprised with my choice? ....I didn’t think so.

We were back at DHS for the Fantasmic Dessert Party Package, so we started to make our way up Sunset Blvd. Sunset Season’s Greetings was just getting underway. I loved how they used the façade of the Tower of Terror, especially to make the Hollywood Toy Hotel!!!! You almost forget what you’re actually looking at, and pictures definitely don’t do it justice.
20180101_171153 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180101_171054 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The wind was really picking up and the mist was still on and off. I wondered if Fantasmic would even happen because I know it is often cancelled due to weather. To be honest, I was getting uncomfortably cold already and wouldn’t have been too disappointed if we had to just take our snack boxes to go! But, we pressed on and made our way to check in for the party.
20180101_171446 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

When we got checked in, we were greeted by Mitch from Buffalo, NY. We talked weather with him for a bit and he asked where we were from. He laughed when we said Chicago and said we should be used to the cold, but then he explained that with the level of humidity in Florida, 50s there feel like 30s to us. BRR, no wonder we were so darn cold!! And besides that, it was nowhere near 50 on this night, so double brr!

We got our fancy Fantasmic bag with our two adult snack boxes. We were given a light up Fantasmic lanyard (this is the trip of free lanyards and other neckwear—another possible TR title!) which designated adults from children before heading to the beverage station. Anyone care to hazard a guess on the drink of choice?!
20180101_172300 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

If you guessed blue and/or glowing, you win! Tasty blue margaritas for 2! The other option was something purple and non-alcoholic. Also, non-glowing. The decision was an easy one.
20180101_172321 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Our snacks were very tasty and helped us take our minds off the fact that we were now facing the wind and getting colder by the minute! I was glad I brought our ponchos because sitting on an icy cold metal bench did not sound like fun at this moment.
20180101_173358 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I demolished my snack box and also ate Rob’s strawberries and rice chips. To be fair, I did trade him my cute little jar of trail mix. We were once again acting like first graders trading for lunches, and enjoying every minute of it!

Look at all these cold people! At least they are smart enough to be dressed in layers and hats and gloves. I’m starting to become more jealous of these people.
20180101_174352 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

They made several announcements that this show could be postponed or cancelled and the closer I came to finishing my margarita and snack box, the more I was hoping they would just go ahead and call it off. But, the show did go on, right on time, too!
20180101_182518 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180101_182828 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The Beauty and the Beast float was oddly missing, unless it’s not part of the show anymore? It’s been years since we’ve seen it, so I thought maybe I just remembered it wrong! We had sat near the top of the benches, which allowed for a very quick escape after the show. We spotted the Sunset Season’s Greetings show again and I took a less blurry picture this time around!
20180101_183954 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We had a Rock’n Rollercoaster FP for 8:05, but thought we’d see if they minded letting us in early since it was FREEZING by now and the park seemed to be clearing out. We touched Mickey to Mickey and came up blue, but the CM gave us the wave through anyway—bless you, girl whose name I didn’t slow down to read!
20180101_184716 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180101_185920 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I told Rob we would try to keep our eyes open and smile for the camera…..I forgot.
wdw2018002903182471_8152894254 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Peace out, Rocker Stitch. See you next time!
20180101_184208 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We made our way out of the park and I sent Pluto to @Pluto0809 Ariana saying he (and I) couldn’t wait to see her soon!
20180101_191435 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Back in our room, I took a selfie with my cute hood up because children’s sweatshirts with character hoods are what it’s all about, am I right, @MeghanEmily!?
20180101_194919 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We had grabbed pizza, fruit cups, and a very expensive six pack of Miller Lite from the lobby on our way through to our room. It was the best bed picnic dinner I’ve ever had!
20180101_195338 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Oh, and I bought myself this little cutie and another sweatshirt while we were down there because #vacation! Jimmy has Duffy at home and I sent him a picture of Shellie Mae. He was very excited that our bears “can be friends, just like you and me, Mommy.” Oh, melt my heart, kiddo!! …..also, sorry I left you at home….a little….but actually not really.

20180101_205333 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I'm cold just reading that update. I remember hearing about how cold it was in FL this particular week. I want to do the fantasmic dessert package next trip. I tried to this past one but it didn't work out. Would you do again?

Ha! You should do a glow cube tally at the end!

I don't know what it is about these dessert boxes, but I love them!

To be fair, I did trade him my cute little jar of trail mix. We were once again acting like first graders trading for lunches, and enjoying every minute of it!
Ha! I brought home those jars, and use them in the girls lunches!

They made several announcements that this show could be postponed or cancelled and the closer I came to finishing my margarita and snack box, the more I was hoping they would just go ahead and call it off. But, the show did go on, right on time, too!
I can only image how cold it was! But maybe you just needed to drink more... Hide the coldness!

Sunset Season’s Greetings show again and I took a less blurry picture this time around!
Everyone's pictures look so cool. One day we will get there for the holidays.

We touched Mickey to Mickey and came up blue, but the CM gave us the wave through anyway—bless you, girl whose name I didn’t slow down to read!
YEAH! I do find it funny, where there are people just standing by the fast pass kiosk waiting the 5 or 10 minutes for it to turn the correct time.

Oh, and I bought myself this little cutie and another sweatshirt while we were down there because #vacation! Jimmy has Duffy at home and I sent him a picture of Shellie Mae. He was very excited that our bears “can be friends, just like you and me, Mommy.” Oh, melt my heart, kiddo!! …..also, sorry I left you at home….a little….but actually not really.
SOOO Sweet.

I asked for a magic shot....she said, "They don't work at night." I said, "Let's try anyway." :) I win.
w
How does the magic shots work?

He laughed when we said Chicago and said we should be used to the cold, but then he explained that with the level of humidity in Florida, 50s there feel like 30s to us. BRR, no wonder we were so darn cold!!

I've heard this from CMs before! I think it has to be true, because as much as I'm sure it's a little psychological, I can walk around in a t-shirt when it's 50 at home, and I want to cuddle up in a blanket when it's 50 in Florida. I mean, I'm Canadian, for crying out loud! But we were DYING with how cold it was that week. :cold:

I told Rob we would try to keep our eyes open and smile for the camera…..I forgot.

Back in our room, I took a selfie with my cute hood up because children’s sweatshirts with character hoods are what it’s all about, am I right, @MeghanEmily!?

YESSS!! ::yes:: I still love my Captain America kids' sweatshirt SO much.

He was very excited that our bears “can be friends, just like you and me, Mommy.” Oh, melt my heart, kiddo!!

Oh my goodness. :lovestruc What a precious little human being you're raising.

I asked for a magic shot....she said, "They don't work at night." I said, "Let's try anyway." :) I win.

Bahaha they don't work at night! Yeah right! We'll just see about that!

I demolished my snack box and also ate Rob’s strawberries and rice chips. To be fair, I did trade him my cute little jar of trail mix. We were once again acting like first graders trading for lunches, and enjoying every minute of it!
I always trade around too in order to get the things I want!

We had grabbed pizza, fruit cups, and a very expensive six pack of Miller Lite from the lobby on our way through to our room. It was the best bed picnic dinner I’ve ever had!
Bed picnics are the best!

We enjoyed walking through the park all lit up with Christmas lights and neon and decided to see if we could grab a drink from Dad’s Liquor Cabinet at the Tune in Lounge. There weren’t any seats available, but we were able to walk up and order drinks, which we enjoyed by the vintage living room set up—I just love Primetime at Christmastime!

That's a really cute pic :-)

Look at all these cold people! At least they are smart enough to be dressed in layers and hats and gloves. I’m starting to become more jealous of these people.

Brrrrrr…..I'm from CT, so I know cold, but being cold in Florida somehow feels colder!

Looks like you still had a fun night and I love the bed picnic :D

he explained that with the level of humidity in Florida, 50s there feel like 30s to us.
I couldn't agree more about this assessment. And when it was in the 40s... :headache:

The other option was something purple and non-alcoholic. Also, non-glowing. The decision was an easy one.
Clearly as easy one ::yes::

because #vacation!
I use this same theory... it gets me into trouble a lot. Well, my wallet anyway :laughing:

He was very excited that our bears “can be friends, just like you and me, Mommy.” Oh, melt my heart, kiddo!
Awwww :goodvibes

I want to do the fantasmic dessert package next trip. I tried to this past one but it didn't work out. Would you do again?
We have done a couple of dessert parties in the past, and they were pretty pricey. I loved that the cost of this one was much less, and didn't mind that it was kind of "to go" rather than all you care to eat. We had the best seats we've ever had for Fantasmic, and enjoyed being able to sit and snack while we were waiting--it really passed the time! I don't even like Fantasmic that much, honestly, but I would definitely do the dessert package again!

Ha! I brought home those jars, and use them in the girls lunches!
So did we LOL :) They were just perfect portion size and too cute to throw away!

Everyone's pictures look so cool. One day we will get there for the holidays.
You really have to do it, at least once. The crowds can be much more insane than you are used to, but since you know what you're doing, you would be able to make a plan of attack and still get to do all of your favorite things. It's just jaw droppingly beautiful there!

How does the magic shots work?
No clue! I think they have to put in a code on their little thingamajigger for which magic shot to associate with that pic. She was kind of a cranky PPP, but I think the little Tink turned out just perfect!

I've heard this from CMs before! I think it has to be true, because as much as I'm sure it's a little psychological, I can walk around in a t-shirt when it's 50 at home, and I want to cuddle up in a blanket when it's 50 in Florida. I mean, I'm Canadian, for crying out loud! But we were DYING with how cold it was that week. :cold:
I know!! I really hadn't ever experienced cold like this at Disney World before! We have gone several times during December and had chilly nights, but literally nothing compared to this!

Oh my goodness. :lovestruc What a precious little human being you're raising.
Well, thank you. I'm pretty partial to him myself :)

Bed picnics are the best!
THE best!!! Especially after this very cold and wet day. I usually feel like I'm wasting magical minutes by sitting in our hotel room, but this day it was totally necessary!

That's a really cute pic :-)
Thanks :) I love 50's Primetime!! It feels so empty to me when the Christmas tree isn't there!! This is one of my favorite spots.

Brrrrrr…..I'm from CT, so I know cold, but being cold in Florida somehow feels colder!

Looks like you still had a fun night and I love the bed picnic :D
Florida cold like this was seriously no joke!!! The bed picnic was the best way to finish up this cold day!!

I couldn't agree more about this assessment. And when it was in the 40s... :headache:
RIGHT!? It was soooooo miserably cold some parts of this trip, but I just tried to focus on the fact that I could be at home and at work LOL

:rotfl2:

If you guessed blue and/or glowing, you win! Tasty blue margaritas for 2!

Two for two! LOL those look so good!!

I demolished my snack box and also ate Rob’s strawberries and rice chips

No wonder! That thing looked rather tasty!

We had a Rock’n Rollercoaster FP for 8:05, but thought we’d see if they minded letting us in early since it was FREEZING by now and the park seemed to be clearing out. We touched Mickey to Mickey and came up blue, but the CM gave us the wave through anyway—bless you, girl whose name I didn’t slow down to read!

Yay for getting right on! Love when you meet a good CM like that!

Looks like the best picnic ever! That pizza looks so good right now!

Ha! Take that PP CM!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter